South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the F88 photo,I think I read somewhere that Lewyn Lewis drove that truck,before starting L.C.Lewis Heavy Haulage? Noticed this earlier,What’s all this about Simon?
[/quote]
It’s been on the cards for a while, possibly two years, very little investment, certain things going on, one of the best General managers I’ve ever met left as he was very unhappy of the way the directors wanted him to do things he didn’t agree with, a very experienced and respectable man went his own way, someone benefited by employing him, love to know where he went. Secondly a manager who had been with RD since he was a boy, was ‘pushed’ out due again to the way they wanted the business to go, I could say more, but when I spoke to the traffic office today, even they were only made aware of it this week! Who knows, this could bring some very interesting business to South Wales given the company that’s taken over, lets hope so, as this once very respected and well based South Wales company go on to better things under the new management as the staff there do deserve better!
[/quote]
Hi mate,
Thanks for that Simon.very long established business,I will always remember them on the welsh news years ago taking a load of welsh rugby fans to the game in Edinburgh with a box van and a 290 F88.
Regards Andrew.
[/quote]
Remember that well, they had a piano in the box as well, along with a bar - can you imagine trying to do that today!
[/quote]
Hi vanman99,
In a word Simon,No,lol.I’m half sure? Your old mate from your long distance furniture days,Ken “Echo1”Connor RIP,was involved in that trip,I think he drove for Rhys Davies before going to Catnic? May be wrong,though I seem to recall his son,Dai Echo mentioning it to me?
Regards Andrew.

Hi all ,there’s a question on pubs and clubs thread mushroomman is asking does anyone remember a camp site that had a paddle steamer as a club on it in the 70,s as lorrys parked up by it

I was going over Morriston 11.45 by Morriston 5 twt lorries in convoy heading westbound I don’t know where they were heading for

IMG_20191018_174532950 (2).jpg

tetris418:

Trublock ,on the Carew site I had to go there yard to get to hansons concrete,troublock got nice wagons on the road

ERF agent advert.

Hi all,
Thanks Dean for the ERF advert.Continuing the theme.An Allan Spillet painting of an Earnest Maidment E series and AJT Recycling’s mighty EC Olympic double drive,loaded with ship sections from Swansea dock.

83925EB9-EF87-4A03-A4B0-4969CA0240F4.jpeg

Caught this on Tuesday by Newport cardiffs containers

image.jpeg

Hi all. Andrew, those Allan Spillet paintings are superb. Many years ago when Dave the Renegade was showing a lot of his work I ordered a calendar by e-mail and my sister stopped by his house to pick it up. Allan was out, and I never did get one. I do have three that came with Truck magazine though.
This ERF of Ernest Maidment’s is really smart. A nice outfit in its day for sure.

John, occasionally I’ll watch trucker Jenko’s vlog who works for Cardiff Container Transport. They seem to be busy working mostly out of the port of Southampton and Freightliner in Cardiff. In fact I just watched an old vlog when he was with Keedwell’s on a trip to my once old home town of Dundee.
I’ll watch Scott Andrews and Russell Worthington, I just like watching where they go and try to recognize where they are and how the surroundings have changed over the past 28 years.
Looks as if there is one of your fleet in front of you in traffic.

Paul

Hi all,
Not my pictures,though there is a very good chance that I was there? An old image of the annual Porthcawl carnival,in the days when it finished at The Bowl,in Trecco Bay.A Joint F86,ergomatic’s and ERF are all present.Along with a Protheroe Atki.Stunning livery’s back then…

2E97D147-2F68-404C-AA47-5D849F3247D5.jpeg

pete 359:
Hi all,
Not my pictures,though there is a very good chance that I was there? An old image of the annual Porthcawl carnival,in the days when it finished at The Bowl,in Trecco Bay.A Joint F86,ergomatic’s and ERF are all present.Along with a Protheroe Atki.Stunning livery’s back then…

That was when carnivals were big and no health and safety everyone enjoying themselves ,in the 80,s I done a carnival in neath for the mount view club margam Hubert drove the marathon I rode shotgun flat trailer behind no rope or straps good days ,nice pics Andrew

Hi all,
Here’s a pair from the fine fleet of Ronnie S.Evans,Courtesy of Ashley Lovering.

Hicks Transcon.

Hi all,
A few welsh shots here:

1. a shot of Trevor G.Davies’ yard in Llanwrda.
  2. Courtesy of Paul Phelps,a Kelsan Transport Renault.
  3. Courtesy of Chris Richards an ERF rigid.

7A329F28-F761-4203-972A-BD51DB9B4158.jpeg

Hi all,
A few here courtesy of our good friend gah1950 aka Graham Hillman,several shots of a barge move Graham was involved with in Holland recently.

pete 359:
Hi all,
A few here courtesy of our good friend gah1950 aka Graham Hillman,several shots of a barge move Graham was involved with in Holland recently.

Have you jumped ship Graham, thought you was on for Walters at Hirwaun? How does the Merc compare to the Scania’s?

Hi all,
A few courtesy of Lewyn Lewis,two of his Transcon’s and a mates GUY.

Morning Andrew,
This pic popped up on another site,

pete smith:
Morning Andrew,
This pic popped up on another site,

Hi Pete,
That photo of my F16 is one I’ve not seen before.Thanks for sharing,taken back in June 2007 when my mate Stan and I,Went to Charleville in Southern Ireland.Heres some that have been on my phone for ages,starting with T.D.Williams’ Ammanford yard…

9E1CAF94-129F-4FFB-BF5C-636780394242.jpeg

077302E7-7FC4-4C84-BB2D-E912D5CE471E.jpeg

5A3D40BB-6661-464A-BA0B-BF3282A6C39F.jpeg