South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

rward:

Very smart rowly credit to you :smiley:

Thanks Dennis and small coal it’s been a long job with all my lorries and tilt and I still got a way to go but I can see alight at the end of the tunnel but with my brilliant team I feel blessed to own them all the 141 and tilt will be in porthcawl show along with my f16 hopefully thento haydon along with my f89 best regards to all rowly ward

Spot on, perfect Rowly. Really looks the business.
Well done to all involved.
Paul

Truck looks great Rowly. :smiley: Sent you a PM.

Anyone recognise the Leyland, crap pic had to enlarge it as was very small. :unamused:

wales c.PNG

DEANB:

Anyone recognise the Foden, crap pic had to enlarge it as was very small. :unamused:

Looks like a S 69 to me Dean :unamused: :unamused:

coomsey:

DEANB:

Anyone recognise the Foden, crap pic had to enlarge it as was very small. :unamused:

Looks like a S 69 to me Dean :unamused: :unamused:

Your a cheeky bugger “coomsey” thats because i just posted a Foden on your thread !! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Hi all,
A couple of welsh BRS scania’s here,I gather the damaged one was based in Cardiff.The 111 coupled upto a Hoover box van has a Dorset area registration…

9832DE93-6D74-49E4-A815-95BB85A0C326.jpeg

hi all .just had news this morning ex blue line driver mike o kane has passed away i had a phone call of ray barwick (rip mike)

DEANB:

Anyone recognise the Leyland, crap pic had to enlarge it as was very small. :unamused:

Hi Dean,
The only company I can remember who had South Wales on the front of the cab like that was Williams Bros Cross Hands…might be wrong…Swansea reg MCY but not Swansea area trade plates ?

Regards Mark

Think that TRUCK magazine had one of Williams Bros Leylands in one of the tipper group tests that they did I may be wrong

ianto:
Think that TRUCK magazine had one of Williams Bros Leylands in one of the tipper group tests that they did I may be wrong

Hi Ianto,
When I first saw Deans picture,I thought Williams Bros.Imo your right there.
Regards Andrew.

Any Steel boys up at South Cerney this weekend ?

altitude:
Any Steel boys up at South Cerney this weekend ?

Yes, some are there already.

Hi Neil I might have a look around on Sunday, not been for a while will see what the weathers like.

The South Wales Constructor I agree probably Williams Bros (Crosshands)Ltd but could possibly be Williams Bros Nantgaredig the foreign trade plates are a mystery!!

Met one of Williams Bros Nantgaredig former drivers in a Restaurant in the village this evening and forgot to ask him!!! :unamused:

E.W.

EW car truck & bus:
The South Wales Constructor I agree probably Williams Bros (Crosshands)Ltd but could possibly be Williams Bros Nantgaredig the foreign trade plates are a mystery!!

Met one of Williams Bros Nantgaredig former drivers in a Restaurant in the village this evening and forgot to ask him!!! :unamused:

E.W.

Hiya,
RO registration letters originally issued to Hertfordshire County, and
those trade plates would have been issued there.

A long way rom west wales considering the reg no would have been almost certainly been supplied from Fletchers Swansea the local Leyland Dealer, we had a similar reg on a 6 wheeler at a local haulier I was involved with at the time , the body looks like a Witheys Masycymmer to me again south wales valleys based, so trade plates are a mystery.

:laughing:

e.w.

EW car truck & bus:
A long way rom west wales considering the reg no would have been almost certainly been supplied from Fletchers Swansea the local Leyland Dealer, we had a similar reg on a 6 wheeler at a local haulier I was involved with at the time , the body looks like a Witheys Masycymmer to me again south wales valleys based, so trade plates are a mystery.

e.w.

Hiya,
Could’ve been bought by someone in Hertfordshire and using the trade
plates to get the motor home, RO defo issued to Hertfordshire.

image.jpgJust come across this in one of my old truck mags from 1976

harry_gill:

EW car truck & bus:

e.w.

Hiya,
Could’ve been bought by someone in Hertfordshire and using the trade
plates to get the motor home, RO defo issued to Hertfordshire.

Morning,
As Harry has stated RO was a Hertfordshire reg and as Scammell based in Watford could have been back to the factory?