South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

bluemikehill:
Just come across this in one of my old truck mags from 1976

:wink:

catnic2.jpg

Click on page twice to read.

EW car truck & bus:
A long way rom west wales considering the reg no would have been almost certainly been supplied from Fletchers Swansea the local Leyland Dealer, we had a similar reg on a 6 wheeler at a local haulier I was involved with at the time , the body looks like a Witheys Masycymmer to me again south wales valleys based, so trade plates are a mystery.

:laughing:

e.w.

Fletchers advert. 1978.

wales fletch.PNG

That seems very good money for a class 2 driver in 1976. Back then I was recently married and earning 58 pence an hour as a hgv fitter, possibly why I swapped trades a few years later and changed from wielding spanners for a comfy seat inside the cab! :laughing:

Pete.

DEANB:
Old leyland advert 1965.

I’ve just been reading some pages on here………………

Would Arlington on Penarth Road eventually be CV Sales? If so,my Mandator was in for a repair one Saturday morning and I had to load at Baglan Bay and get home to Sheffield.It was the time of the diesel shortage,1974 and I had been told that Calor Transport Briton Ferry and Entress Llansamlet were unable to refuel A E Evans as they were short themselves.I had some diesel but not enough to get home.There was a filling station near CV Sales so I walked across and asked if I could buy 25 gallons of derv.Surprisingly the attendant said yes,so when wagon was fixed,I filled up and I gave him a cheque with my signature on back - remember those days? When I got back to Sheffield late Saturday afternoon I put 72 gallons in the 75 gallon tank,so it were close. :open_mouth: :smiley:

Windrush I drove for catnic1975 to 1996 wages and condition fantastic hard job mind brilliant bunch of drivers I miss it ever day regards rowly ward

Hi all,
A fantastic turn out at the 2019 Hereford Truck Show,the organisers of that event,in my opinion have it running like a well oiled machine.Some stunning trucks,Good weather,great mates and beer.All raising money for the air ambulance charity.Heres a few of the classics amongst hundreds of beautiful motors in attendance.

4D300046-D286-4D7F-904A-75A3088776F3.jpeg

0EB962C6-68CE-4AEF-8F23-D7750D0085A8.jpeg

[attachment=2]DBF79D77-9F0B-4892-8744-B201B17B171E.jpeg[/attachment]

Hi all,
Three classic AEC photos here of two Aec’s,courtesy of Bryndon Evans.

BF060B28-03C2-41AE-A690-BC73700032DB.jpeg

92AAC381-5FE8-43DD-8F5E-0E750166892D.jpeg

D909D2AE-6659-4C64-A6A0-40448EEF01D9.jpeg

Hi all, Andrew brilliant photo’s there. Billy Smarts circus that takes us back a bit! Two things I enjoyed as a kid visiting the circus, the clowns and the trucks.
Well done to the person who matched up the trucks.
Nice photo’s from Hereford, no doubt Dave the Renegade was keeping an eye on the show from his resting place.

Paul

pete 359:

I read somewhere on here that Briton Ferry Steels did a changeover at Eardisley railway station yard and sure there was a photo. Were they not BRS contract wagons?
Nice old photos of my favourite wagon,the AEC MK5. :smiley:

Chris Webb:

pete 359:

I read somewhere on here that Briton Ferry Steels did a changeover at Eardisley railway station yard and sure there was a photo. Were they not BRS contract wagons?
Nice old photos of my favourite wagon,the AEC MK5. :smiley:

Think they were Chris, I seem to remember seeing a pic of one in George Reads yard when that was a BRS depot.

Pete.

Paul John:
Hi all, Andrew brilliant photo’s there. Billy Smarts circus that takes us back a bit! Two things I enjoyed as a kid visiting the circus, the clowns and the trucks.
Well done to the person who matched up the trucks.
Nice photo’s from Hereford, no doubt Dave the Renegade was keeping an eye on the show from his resting place.

Paul

Hi paul,
Thanks for the reply.I was thinking about Dave,whilst we were there actually,the man that first started this thread.A few more classic welsh motors here,Firstly a pair of photos from the High Wycombe depot of BRS,a regular haunt back then.Finally,a Bristol at Luton,So a Peter Davies picture.

022D7D0C-F81D-4DDF-A21B-C1DE99286B78.jpeg

Some pics of porthcawl truck show starting with mr ward standing is mechanic 77.also Brian Alexander new daf and dai echoes scania,and hicks daf

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

49432BEA-08D0-44D8-9B48-8A8A09BADB01.jpeg

6CA8B1DD-A5F2-467A-91E1-A4C546A6D831.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Some more

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Some more pics

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Pic courtesy of Chris farnah,Mike the driver of this has passed away I was told yesterday in porthcawl truck show RIP Mike

Hi all. John, thanks for posting photo’s from Porthcawl. Seemed to be a good turnout, especially from Hick’s. Someone may want to tell Neil (mechanic77) its summer, and Porthcawl is a seaside resort!
We have dried out here, back to hot, hot humid weather today.
Moving house this weekend, should of hired yourself, Mark and Jakey.

Take it easy, Paul

Paul John:
Hi all. John, thanks for posting photo’s from Porthcawl. Seemed to be a good turnout, especially from Hick’s. Someone may want to tell Neil (mechanic77) its summer, and Porthcawl is a seaside resort!
We have dried out here, back to hot, hot humid weather today.
Moving house this weekend, should of hired yourself, Mark and Jakey.

Take it easy, Paul

Hi mate no probs weather on and off here but didn’t put the dampeners on things yes a good turn out ,me mark and jakey would have found an old Bedford and made the trip :laughing: hope the move goes well take it easy and bend your knees :laughing: :laughing: