South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Small Coal
Hi
EHA wasn’t that battle scarred when I drove it ! and my roping and sheeting was far better
Regards Allan (

Andrew,seem to remember you liked the Wynns Pacifics.

Click on pages twice to read.

DEANB:
Andrew,seem to remember you liked the Wynns Pacifics.

Good morning Dean,
Thank you for that.As a kid I was spell bound by those WYNNS motors.
regards Andrew.

Hi all,
A few here from the final days of Illtyd Thomas Transport.

Heres a bit more about that motor Andrew. :wink:

Here’s one for you Andrew ,this of deans page ,cracking article about keedwell didn’t know Paul worked for him ,is that Ian underhills brother mentioned in the pic

A02211.JPG

One for rowly, garador transcon is that catnics design

Hi all,
A S.C.O.W. Atki here,on the then new,Orb steelworks state of art weighbridge

0AFFAA11-842C-4EAE-AA3E-28291B4CD4B7.jpeg

Punchy Dan:

rward:
Punchy Dan wat am I missing in auction

brightwells.com/plant-machi … ollection/

The Scammell did well .

Unloading coil at port talbot,2nd pic construction of the new harbour,lorries loading at port talbot docks anyone recognise the firm

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

smallcoal:
Unloading coil at port talbot,2nd pic construction of the new harbour,lorries loading at port talbot docks anyone recognise the firm

hi smallcoal,
the new harbour was built by a joint venture MARPLES RIDGEWAY AND KIER ernie marples being a trans port minister in the then government, the caterpillar trucks were driven along the a48 from Culverhouse to cornelly quarry on a sunday morning around 1964 when new , they worked for 4 years along a haul road built for the job traveling through newpark farm sker farm and kenfig burrows
geoff

smallcoal:

Hiya,
I hope the guy loading alongside the ship is going to wind the trailer
legs up before moving off.

smallcoal:

Hi John / I think the firm unloading is BRS transit shed contract they had a fleet of blue AEC units with yellow dyson trailers remember little Keith the weighman and his twin they worked on that contract I think my brother Mr. Steel could confirm this . Cheers Ian .

Hi John
Ianto is spot on re: the information on the motors unloading on the docks
Regards Allan*

Harry Gill
Hi Harry
In the photo Small Coal posted the unit coupled to the trl:with it’s legs on deck is probably one of the ’ spotters’ the BRS had in the fleet based in the steel works at Port Talbot.
The ’ spotters’ had a hydraulic ram under the fifth wheel so that the driver just had to couple the air lines lift the fifth wheel and away to go.
Regards Allan
Retired 8yrs after 47yrs mostly ‘on the steel’

Mrsteel:
Hi John
Ianto is spot on re: the information on the motors unloading on the docks
Regards Allan*

Hi Allan,little Keith would that be piggy Keith from the weighbridge if you go on you tube type in iron ore convoy there’s two parts port talbot to llanwern you will see big Keith on there ,joints blue line and the rest

rward:

Very tidy outfit Rowly ! credit to you Mate ! Regards Dennis.