South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

pete 359:

pv83:

pete 359:

Mr. Smith pointed this thread out to me, and I’m glad he did… some absolute cracking footage on here regarding heavy haulage!

Any idea what make that trailer is? Interesting swan neck on it…

Cheers, Patrick

Good morning Patrick,
Thanks for the comments.Tbh,i wouldnt know for sure 100%.Though imo that WYNNS trailer could well be a French built Nicolas? A very popular emerging brand back then.I think they were bought out by one of the other big trailer manufacturers?
regards Andrew.

Hello Patrick/Andrew.
Not sure what make the trailer behind the ‘Crusader’ is but the neck design looks like an early attemp of a ‘Live’ neck.

Old leyland advert 1965.

gah1950:

pete 359:

pv83:

pete 359:

Mr. Smith pointed this thread out to me, and I’m glad he did… some absolute cracking footage on here regarding heavy haulage!

Any idea what make that trailer is? Interesting swan neck on it…

Cheers, Patrick

Good morning Patrick,
Thanks for the comments.Tbh,i wouldnt know for sure 100%.Though imo that WYNNS trailer could well be a French built Nicolas? A very popular emerging brand back then.I think they were bought out by one of the other big trailer manufacturers?
regards Andrew.

Hello Patrick/Andrew.
Not sure what make the trailer behind the ‘Crusader’ is but the neck design looks like an early attemp of a ‘Live’ neck.

Cheers mate :wink:

Hi all,
A great Chris Richards Transcon shot here,leaving Llanwern loaded with coil,probably for the midlands…

Some adverts from 1982.

Click on page twice to read.

Hi all,
Here is an image courtesy of my old mate,Clive Davis,another load of welsh rebar heading for Hinkley Point.Thanks Dean.Some old firms there,Day’s are still with us…

3A39D504-3324-4032-A495-82ABD5BBD23A.jpg

Hi all, a tanker crash in port talbot 1960,notice the clipping it said traffic was held up for hours :laughing: :laughing: seeing there wasn’t much traffic around then

image.jpeg

Hi all,
Wynns yet again here,looks like their having some help from two of Hills of Botley’s Scammell’s…

pete 359:
Hi all,
Wynns yet again here,looks like their having some help from two of Hills of Botley’s Scammell’s…

Some cracking pics Andrew.

Heres some real oldies from South Wales.

Click on pages twice.

wales steamers.jpg

DEANB:

pete 359:
Hi all,

Some cracking pics Andrew.

Heres some real oldies from South Wales.

Click on pages twice.

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the photos mate.At the start of the Industrial revolution there was an iron works near Abergavenny,I dare say some of those steamers may well have worked out of there…
Regards Andrew.

Dave would of liked this .

Punchy Dan:
0Dave would of liked this .

Hi dan ,I think that was driven by George it was always back loading out of port talbot was the sharples boys ,foundry sand from Birmingham to the abbey then coil back up ,I seen one of seths rigids last week on west wales

pete 359:
Hi all,

Cracking shots there mate, ta!

smallcoal:
Hi all, a tanker crash in port talbot 1960,notice the clipping it said traffic was held up for hours :laughing: :laughing: seeing there wasn’t much traffic around then

Hi Smallcoal,
Thanks for the photos.There’s been a bit on Facebook about this accident.Apparantley it happened at night,I’m guessing ,the Scammell is loaded? (Petrol) as it’s east bound,so maybe loaded at Swansea or Llandarcy?.A very memorable incident for those there!

Hi all,
Trucknet member EC14’s mate Jeff “llanybri”called into work recently,to deliver a tractor to us.

Hi all,
Owner driver Steve Griffiths From Abergavenny and his hard working ERF.Regularly seen on the M4…

86233E77-4193-484B-A220-1947D9B53918.jpeg

Wynns.

Click on pages twice to read.

Can’t let the moment pass so here goes ! Congratulations to “The Boyo’s” for winning the Grand Slam 6 nations rugby Well done and well deserved ! :smiley: But England will win the World Cup !!! Well you have to believe ! :wink: So if they can’t I hope the “Boyo’s” will ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.