South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Bewick:
Can’t let the moment pass so here goes ! Congratulations to “The Boyo’s” for winning the Grand Slam 6 nations rugby Well done and well deserved ! :smiley: But England will win the World Cup !!! Well you have to believe ! :wink: So if they can’t I hope the “Boyo’s” will ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Thank you Dennis ,the dragon never sleeps this match had a lot of fight in it ,pity help Cardiff this morning wth all the clearing up to do :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:
Can’t let the moment pass so here goes ! Congratulations to “The Boyo’s” for winning the Grand Slam 6 nations rugby Well done and well deserved ! :smiley: But England will win the World Cup !!! Well you have to believe ! :wink: So if they can’t I hope the “Boyo’s” will ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Thank you Dennis from a proud Welshman… :smiley: :laughing: Nice to know you hold us Boyo’s as your 2nd favourite nation… :wink: maybe you were made to feel a part of the outfit during your frequent visits to the Abbey all those years ago :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: DENNIS BACH!! :slight_smile:

E.W.

EW car truck & bus:

Bewick:

Thank you Dennis from a proud Welshman… :smiley: :laughing: Nice to know you hold us Boyo’s as your 2nd favourite nation… :wink: maybe you were made to feel a part of the outfit during your frequent visits to the Abbey all those years ago :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: DENNIS BACH!! :slight_smile:

E.W.

Hi all,
Thanks for the comments,an outstanding game against Ireland yesterday.So proud of our team and country.Here is one courtesy of oily.

4D04B53E-F336-4701-9150-DCF1A5DC2637.jpg

Hi all. Finally got to see the extended highlights. Brilliant game and well earned grand slam. Number 2 in the world rankings, number 1 when we beat New Zealand in the world cup final.
Hoping to watch the whole game next weekend.
Busy in work as we start two new Atlanta/Orlando relays tomorrow, bringing the total to four. Hired two new drivers, thought great weekend off and another calls in sick! Off to work I go!
Regards Paul

EW car truck & bus:

Bewick:

E.W.

Just thought I would improve the S. Wales thread a bit E. W. !
These are shots of the two Brady Octopus Power Plus motors. The B/W shot of the new one HEO557 was a few months older than the one in the colour shot of JEC192 which was the one I was mate on with my long gone life long Pal Eric Postlethwaite. This was the Octopus that was a regular visitor into The Abbey with Signode banding from Barrow Steel. Great times they were too, not a care in the world for a young Lad from Kendal !
Cheers Dennis :smiley:

A South Wales scene .

Punchy Dan:
A South Wales scene .

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the picture.I reckon that’s Cwm Colliery at Beddau? Been closed many years now.Here is yet another Wynns photo,from their earlier days I think?

Hi all,
During 2013 we received a bare cab,then a bare chassis,followed by axles,air tanks etc etc.With the remaining components housed in a spread axle tilt parked at the late Kelvin Powell’s yard in Bridgend.We along with several others over the next six years,restored Rowland Ward’s VOLVO F89…

02AB9423-92EF-4453-ADD1-B3EAC2EF3EE1.jpeg

Hiya,
In a word Pete359 “WOW”

Good job well done Rowland my bag is packed, passport in hand and ferry booked where am I heading for mate, Buzzer.

Buzzer you will have to load the tilt Monday load and go ah ahregards rowly

Andrew you are like a magician a first class job again on rowlys truck thanks for my card and present ,rowly what’s next on the horizon for you what you buying next that truck will be the envy of the truck shows :slight_smile:

That’s very nice Rowly / Andrew :smiley: :sunglasses: ,I didn’t know there was a Caerphilly in the Middle East as well as in South Wales :laughing: :wink:

Yes Pete359,

Another amazing job fantastically well done :smiley: :smiley:

Looking Superb, Bet Rowly will be over the Caerphilly/ middle east Moon’s with that. :wink:

E.W.

That’s stunning, Rowly! :sunglasses: Robert

That looks better than when it left the factory Andrew / Rowly ! Seriously impressive chaps. :smiley:

Hi all. Andrew, Rowly and everyone involved what a superb job. As Dean said, looks better than when new. Rowly must be very happy, probably shed a tear of joy!
I can’t imagine the amount of work that went into the restoration, just brilliant.

Regards Paul

Buzzer:
Good job well done Rowland my bag is packed, passport in hand and ferry booked where am I heading for mate, Buzzer.

Isn’t that just typical of today’s young guns,no questions about pay or t&c’s just give me the big shiny truck :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . By the way what a stunning restoration brilliant job and hope to see it in the flesh soon :grimacing:

Hi hello everyone my 89 is stunnin all made possible by so many people a massive thank you to Andrew Cooper for a fantastic paint job and all is help westly the mechanic how the he’ll he done his part I don’t know Alan the electrician stripping every little part and taking hours and patience mugs Maguire stainles steelpipe work awesome job steve the interior what a outstanding job scrapper for the brand new air con unit and parts Dave holly tyres for his part castle coatings caerphilly loads and loads of parts sand blasting and coating Chris randsford sand blasting chassis and cab russ Fenwick from Scunthorpe for selling me brilliant cab and parts really looked after me my brother Kelvin picking parts up in Holland and a minutes notice to help me Paul pierce advance he would help in a minute Andy the fitter always there for me Chris at fleetwheel hours trying to get parts now a massive thanks to Steve at volvo nantgarwwho spent months trying too find me parts genuine ones this guy really helped me steve I thank you again and again and all the people all over the country and Europe who helped me because let me tell you I would never achieved this stunning f89 without all the people’s advice advice and help coz you can’t beat knowledge from older people I remember when I bought it home mc Jamie middle east legend in my eyes said to me as we sat talking drinking tee you got a he’ll of a job here never in a million years did I realize what I was taking on was Jamie right rip Jamie my great friend Jesus the Times when I wanted to Jack it all in done my bloody head in my wife going nuts saying all you ever think about his bloody lorries day and night when we are out you bore people to death but we got there there are so many I can’t think of everybody to thank opoliggies a big big thank thank you to my wife and sons Scott and Paul no interest in trucks but spent hours helping me but last of all Neil 142 who has been like a son to me nagging on my back all the time non stopp help you would not believe what he as Don for diamond of a man all through my illnesses 2 Minny strokes ankles pinned and welded and other props thanks niel and everybody who is helped would I do it again when I could have gone out and bought a brand new Scania no hassle grief stress of course I would transcon all stripped and ready to go to Andrew Cooper today for a start of a total refurb here we go again ah ah thanks from heart everyone and to any one I missed

See you later coops here we go again anybody got transcon parts for sale low loader coming ah ah