South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

Morning Andrew,
Thanks for the info on the Merc,
Not sure if this is the Trevor Davies from Llanwrda? Pete

pete smith:
Morning Andrew,

It is one of Trevor Davies is ones they did operate 2 Fodens possably a load of Franklins cattle cake

ianto:

pete smith:
Morning Andrew,

It is one of Trevor Davies is ones they did operate 2 Fodens possably a load of Franklins cattle cake

Thanks for the information Ianto, photo was taken on the M54 junction 4 at Telford, Pete

Think one or both Fodens of Trevor Davies were sold to Archers Transport Birmingham the red and cream painted wagons that used to do a lot of forklift transport depot by the Belfry golfclub

ianto:
Think one or both Fodens of Trevor Davies were sold to Archers Transport Birmingham the red and cream painted wagons that used to do a lot of forklift transport depot by the Belfry golfclub

Hi Ianto,
Archers also bought E319 SWN,a FODEN that Joint had brand new,driven by the late Ron Howells.When i passed their yard just over a year ago,after returning the B.J.Waters AEC Mercury we restored to Darley Dale,i could see E319 still parked there,it’s a real graveyard in Archers,i could see dozens of old motors there,a bit like Rosser used to be,only with FODEN’S…
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:
Hi all,
Hoover at Merthyr,ran a lot of these Mercury’s.

Hi Andrew, I have never seen that photo before.Any idea where it was taken?

JAKEY:
Dai , that big Scania looked good .

Afternoon Jakey,
The 111 would have had a good clean by Bill Blake before the competition and i had many a run in this motor.
It out pulled all the other 111,s in the fleet and 1 very early sunday morning my late dad give it the gunnels.

Question for Andrew did Ron Howells end is driving career with Taylors of Martley.
I am sure i knew him.
He would tip Melton mowbray on nights back to Taylors yard and bring empty Nacanco beer cans to tip in Caldicot for the Magor brewery.
A few years ago he done the Calor Gas job for Joints?
Dai

scania81:

JAKEY:
Dai , that big Scania looked good .

Afternoon Jakey,
The 111 would have had a good clean by Bill Blake before the competition and i had many a run in this motor.
It out pulled all the other 111,s in the fleet and 1 very early sunday morning my late dad give it the gunnels.

Question for Andrew did Ron Howells end is driving career with Taylors of Martley.
I am sure i knew him.
He would tip Melton mowbray on nights back to Taylors yard and bring empty Nacanco beer cans to tip in Caldicot for the Magor brewery.
A few years ago he done the Calor Gas job for Joints?
Dai

Hi Dai,
Tbh with you,I am not 100% sure what Ron did after Joint finished? I know Ron’s son mike drove for Taylor’s,so I think you’re right Tbf.I will ask Mike.
Hi Allen,I am sorry I don’t know where that Hoover photo was taken.
Regards Andrew.

Blue dart Ford.

2 new actros in new colours in our old bury depot

image.jpeg

smallcoal:

John,
I think they look terrible,what did they have to decide that, a kids colouring competition? no sorry bring back the original livery, apologies Pete!

pete smith:

smallcoal:

John,
I think they look terrible,what did they have to decide that, a kids colouring competition? no sorry bring back the original livery, apologies Pete!

The colour scheme is the limited editon Actros1 colour scheme Pete, nothing to do with Clarkes livery.

Available in two typically MB unimaginative flavours…

Silver and crappy turquoise green…

or

Black and crappy turquoise green…

Source and image rights > commercialmotor.com/news/pr … enz-choice

The good news is they are only making 100 of them :laughing:

Hiya,
Does any driver really care what their “cart” looks like, so long as it gans,
stops does the job and fills the pay packet on Friday it certainly never
bothered me I never yearned for the new motor in the yard.
thanks harry, long retired.

Yes Harry its called pride if a driver doesn’t like what he or she is driving then they wont put 100% into the job
cheers
Rich

They got 4 in black they are for the long serving drivers who look after their truck as a reward there will be no more on the fleet :smiley: so keep your eyes open Pete

Reef:

pete smith:

smallcoal:

John,

The colour scheme is the limited editon Actros1 colour scheme Pete, nothing to do with Clarkes livery.

Available in two typically MB unimaginative flavours…

Silver and crappy turquoise green…

or

Black and crappy turquoise green…

Source and image rights > commercialmotor.com/news/pr … enz-choice

The good news is they are only making 100 of them :laughing:

Pentagon in Fareham have one of the silver ones out side it’s reception

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tribsa:
Yes Harry its called pride if a driver doesn’t like what he or she is driving then they wont put 100% into the job
cheers
Rich

Hiya,
Whoa whoa whoa, I never got a complaint about my work rate and I always
gave 100% to the job but so long as the motor did the job that was enough,
on the rare occasion I got to the yard it was park up couple up and ■■■■ off
so long as the inside of the cab was clean and I could see through the glass
was enough for me washing and polishing was for those who wanted to do it.
Whoops what am I getting myself into, time for bed.
thanks harry, long retired.

smallcoal:
They got 4 in black they are for the long serving drivers who look after their truck as a reward there will be no more on the fleet :smiley: so keep your eyes open Pete

Hi John,
I saw one in Midland truck in Wednesfield yesterday, no Clarkes decals on though so that explains Reefs comments about there being only 100! Cheer’s Pete

Hi all,
I found this photo online,earlier today.Could that be a J&M Transport F88■■?

And is that a Joint Motorways in front of Wincanton Andrew?

bloomer2.jpg