South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

pete 359:
Eilir has an extensive amount of pictures and information on mansel davies,he tells me that they ran 7 Scania’s :sunglasses: .

nice pic. i remember dad buying that from Mansel Davies back in 1985. He was selling all the scanias because he had started the volvo dealership!

Here’s another snowed up dodge k series but 18th Jan 2013, what’s the chances of the v8 Perkins bursting into life?

jonmea:

pete 359:
Eilir has an extensive amount of pictures and information on mansel davies,he tells me that they ran 7 Scania’s :sunglasses: .

nice pic. i remember dad buying that from Mansel Davies back in 1985. He was selling all the scanias because he had started the volvo dealership!

hi,
i wondered when m.d. went all volvo? i thought it was when the highline was launched.i also remember them with seddon atki 401’s.for me they are and always will be an iconic welsh haulier :sunglasses: .
regards andrew.

and ignorant regards rowly

Another Mansel Davies pic.
Cheers
Oily

pete 359:

daibootsy:
the three wise trucks :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

good effort dai :sunglasses:. i thought it appropiate to post this,courtesy of a facebook friend david thomas,hirwaun 1982 :laughing:
[album][/]

And I bet the weatherman didn’t give out any Red warnings then.

SteveD:

pete 359:

daibootsy:
the three wise trucks :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

good effort dai :sunglasses:. i thought it appropiate to post this,courtesy of a facebook friend david thomas,hirwaun 1982 :laughing:
[album][/]

And I bet the weatherman didn’t give out any Red warnings then.

Hi Steve,
Yes and all the vehicles weren’t strangled with sophisticated technology!

oiltreader:
Another Mansel Davies pic.
Cheers
Oily

Thanks oily,

Another from m4dogwalker,I had no idea :exclamation: that mansel davies had ever ran an man :question: shows how little I know :laughing:

Hi Pete 359
Very interesting to see the different vehicles that Mansel Davies has run over the years, however would you have a photo of that F86 that’s following the MAN. My father drove one for years at a coal yard in Brynamman and we have no photos so are always on the lookout!!
Evs127

Evs127:
Hi Pete 359
Very interesting to see the different vehicles that Mansel Davies has run over the years, however would you have a photo of that F86 that’s following the MAN. My father drove one for years at a coal yard in Brynamman and we have no photos so are always on the lookout!!
Evs127

Hi,
Glad you like the photos :sunglasses: .none of these pictures are mine,member m4dogwalker is kindly sending ,along with a few others some brilliant photos to share.it’s amazing what can turn up sometimes :exclamation:
Regards andrew.

Hi Andrew
It’s great to look on this site and see what new memories of my younger years are brought back with the photos that turn up - so again a very big thank you.
Regards Clive

hi all, what a snowfall we got stuck in yard no trucks went out so took photos of our yard :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

042.JPG

034.JPG

039.JPG

036.JPG

029.JPG

030.JPG

i found this remains of an old mandator in blaenavon b4 xmas :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

013.JPG

012.JPG

smallcoal:
i found this remains of an old mandator in blaenavon b4 xmas :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hello Smallcoal,
It is not a Mandator.- It’s a Beaver, with a Leyland fuel tank and rear axle.
There is a 680 engine under the cab. - Can you tell us the reg No ?
regards - Hywel.

IMG_0001.jpg

Price:

smallcoal:

Hello Smallcoal,
It is not a Mandator.- It’s a Beaver, with a Leyland fuel tank and rear axle.
There is a 680 engine under the cab. - Can you tell us the reg No ?
regards - Hywel.

hi mate,it been stripped no plates on it at all thats how i found her :slight_smile: cheers john

hello all,
She must have been a fair truck with a 680 in it,.
graham.