South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

smallcoal:

Price:

smallcoal:
i found this remains of an old mandator in blaenavon b4 xmas :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hello Smallcoal,
It is not a Mandator.- It’s a Beaver, with a Leyland fuel tank and rear axle.
There is a 680 engine under the cab. - Can you tell us the reg No ?
regards - Hywel.

hi mate,it been stripped no plates on it at all thats how i found her :slight_smile: cheers john

Hi Smallcoal,
That Beaver or Badger could be H Morgan - Cwm, as you found it in Brynmawr.
It is in their colours - Green and Red. cheers - Hywel.

Price:

smallcoal:

Price:

smallcoal:
i found this remains of an old mandator in blaenavon b4 xmas :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hello Smallcoal,
It is not a Mandator.- It’s a Beaver, with a Leyland fuel tank and rear axle.
There is a 680 engine under the cab. - Can you tell us the reg No ?
regards - Hywel.

hi mate,it been stripped no plates on it at all thats how i found her :slight_smile: cheers john

Hi Smallcoal,
That Beaver or Badger could be H Morgan - Cwm, as you found it in Brynmawr.
It is in their colours - Green and Red. cheers - Hywel.

Hi all,
Correct howel that is the turbo beaver owned by Morgan’s of cwm :wink:

pete 359:

oiltreader:
Another Mansel Davies pic.
Cheers
Oily

Thanks oily,

great picture andrew

volvof16man:

pete 359:

oiltreader:
Another Mansel Davies pic.
Cheers
Oily

Thanks oily,

great picture andrew[/quote.

That brings back some memorys.
Used to do 3 loads a week of new potatoes from Pembroke to Glasgow market, them were the days. :laughing:

South Wales haulier doing Middle east run with a Transcon, no its not Hicks or CVH. :wink:
Neil.

This is British nylon spinners of pontypool.what a fleet!

pete 359:
This is British nylon spinners of pontypool.what a fleet!

They certainly did have a big fleet Andrew,one which I had forgotten about.They employed a lot of people in their day.
Cheers Dave.

That was what later became ICI fibres next to the A4042 at Mamhilad. The buildings still there. Apparently the biggest factory floor in the country at the time. [I preferred the Brynmawr rubber factory myself]
Neil.

mechanic77:
That was what later became ICI fibres next to the A4042 at Mamhilad. The buildings still there. Apparently the biggest factory floor in the country at the time. [I preferred the Brynmawr rubber factory myself]
Neil.

Hi Neil,
Is that the large brick building near the roundabout before goytre :question:
Regards andrew.

I remember delivering chemicals there in the early 1960s, was the address British Talywain, Pontypool. ■■
Cheers Leyland 600

Andrew, thats the one.

Leyland600, that address would be the other side of Pontypool, on the side of a hill.
Neil.

Hi Neil,
Cheers for that,I can’t say I remember the place :blush: we have family living near there.have heard my parents mention British nylon spinners though.a hell of a big fleet :exclamation: very aerodynamic for the time.

Thanks for that information, with regard to the aerodynamics particularly of the Atkinsons they would need as little as possible wind resistance at 29.4 mph as that is the maximum geared speed stated in the L745 brochure. I have a mate with just such a vehicle a 1954 Atkinson and with 10-00 x 20 tyres fitted has geared it up to 33mph. A David Brown 557 overdrive gearbox is urgently required. Does anyone know of the whereabouts of such a box ?
Cheers, Leyland 600

My first truck RR265

Couple of our DAF 85’s

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi all,
Here are a few more sent to me by m4dogwalker.courtesy of my mate Bubbleman all taken during the 80’s.

andrew m.d had a fabulas fleet in the earlier years 111 88 beuts no getting away from it regards rowly

andrew m.d had a fabulas fleet in the earlier years 111 88 beuts no getting away from it regards rowly

Here’s one you’ll love rowly mate :sunglasses: I never knew m.d. Had a140 :blush:
http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac267/pete359_bucket/ipad2/e6a65b43aa157a78d6a6d176a330063e.jpg[/img]]

andrew i never new he had a 140 and i thought i new all his types god when he bought that. he new he was going places i love them 140s no point in asking him any info he would tell you where to go ah ah regards rowly