South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

hello dai,
good effort mate,you seem to be posting the pictures,without any problems.that can be a secret art in itself :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
regards andrew.

Hi sime17
Ec14 and I were on the same table at Saturday’s party :unamused: and between Xmas and new year Peter and I went to a surprise 60th birthday party for a mutual friend of ours.i am very sorry to say that Peter hasn’t been well of late,though everyone is doing all that they can.regarding n.r. Evans’ fleet I noticed some new model actros’ yesterday,it’s a very big operation these days.thanks for your photo.
Regards andrew.
[/quote]
Andrew, sorry to hear that Peter’s not been well - I’ll be thinking about him. When I knew him he always seemed to have so much energy, I hope that irrepressible spirit will help him through whatever it is. Best wishes to him if he remembers Simon Rees from Haverfordwest who had X191 and DPK (I think both he and Graham would know me by sight but there were quite a lot of guys coming and going at NRs around that time - I wouldn’t blame them at all for not remembering the name!).

sime17:
Hi sime17
Ec14 and I were on the same table at Saturday’s party :unamused: and between Xmas and new year Peter and I went to a surprise 60th birthday party for a mutual friend of ours.i am very sorry to say that Peter hasn’t been well of late,though everyone is doing all that they can.regarding n.r. Evans’ fleet I noticed some new model actros’ yesterday,it’s a very big operation these days.thanks for your photo.
Regards andrew.

Andrew, sorry to hear that Peter’s not been well - I’ll be thinking about him. When I knew him he always seemed to have so much energy, I hope that irrepressible spirit will help him through whatever it is. Best wishes to him if he remembers Simon Rees from Haverfordwest who had X191 and DPK (I think both he and Graham would know me by sight but there were quite a lot of guys coming and going at NRs around that time - I wouldn’t blame them at all for not remembering the name!).
[/quote]
Hi simon,
Just sent you a pm.
Regards andrew.

hope this works

Wheale.jpg

think its working ok. this was a 6 wheeler, illtyd & john, added a second steer.

hi all,
gah1950 kindly rang me earlier :laughing: unfortunatley i was detained at work,though a mate of mine caught up with you later graham :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
[album][/]

Thank you for ringing graham :sunglasses: .this is my mate Dafydd who saw you,more from another mate,m4dogwalker soon :sunglasses:

swansea brs depot 1960, not an artic in sight,we had a thornycroft the same as wheale’s at holloways porthcawl ex london welsh meat cardiff, it had good brakes full air on all 4 axles but not a lot of guts. tony

hello andrew,
yes daffydd passed me around sarn iirc,very smart livery on those trucks considering they work in quarries etc,catch you soon.
regards graham.

gah1950:
hello andrew,
yes daffydd passed me around sarn iirc,very smart livery on those trucks considering they work in quarries etc,catch you soon.
regards graham.

Hi graham,
Appreciate the call mate,thank you.dafydd said you were going well :laughing:

Hello Sth Wales and Andrew, a few for you, Chepstow area thanks to Mark Hobbs.
Oily

Mark Hobbs 7402695008_f0c4ecc31f_b...jpg

Mark Hobbs Bedford 7365119438_0d12170db5_...jpg

Hi all,
This thread has been enhanced by a lot of contributors during the past few months,thanks everyone :sunglasses: .here’s another from m4dogwalker,a thyssen concrete powerhouse foden,class.we have plenty more to come!

pete 359:
Hi all,
This thread has been enhanced by a lot of contributors during the past few months,thanks everyone :sunglasses: .here’s another from m4dogwalker,a thyssen concrete powerhouse foden,class.we have plenty more to come!

I used to take aggregate to Thyssen’s at Llanelli in 1969 and then go back to Margam and load slag back to Mid Wales.
Cheers Dave.

Eilir has an extensive amount of pictures and information on mansel davies,he tells me that they ran 7 Scania’s :sunglasses: .

the three wise trucks :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

daibootsy:
the three wise trucks :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

good effort dai :sunglasses:. i thought it appropiate to post this,courtesy of a facebook friend david thomas,hirwaun 1982 :laughing:
[album][/]

D.R. MACLEOD, Waiting for the 5pm ferry at ULLAPOOL HARBOUR