South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

I came across these Leylands near New Tredegar, Heads of the valleys. Hope you all enjoy.
Mat

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Down in Tiverton, south west.

image.jpg

Larry Dunbar and myself was talking to guy (owner driver) at the recent
ā€œdoā€ in Newcastle heā€™s still using a 6 wheel Seddon Atkinson unit on a day
to day basis running at 38 tons gross on the structural steel job this old
girl is in excellent nick and 33 years old the O/D himself is pushing 70.
thanks harry, long retired.
[/quote]

Evening all, hi Harry,ā€¦that young,ā€¦ bloomin kids in road haulage today!!! Cheerio for now.

mechanic77:

hi all,
after surviving,only just!!! yet another brilliant steelboys christmas party,then i think itā€™s appropriate to post this blue line aec picture taken in the abbey, this very early ergomatic is courtesy of eilir a.k.a.trucknet member m4dogwalker, neil mate,thanks for the models :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:.
[album][/]

mechanic77:

Hi all, nice models Neil.

Regards Paul.

These pictures from eilir show blue line at their final home,what was the brs depot in Bridgend.

pete 359:
These pictures from eilir show blue line at their final home,what was the brs depot in Bridgend.

I was going to ask about D David but it was the same company as Blue Line then ? I know they were both at Tondu,can see it on the cab doors now in me mind. :laughing:

Chris Webb:

pete 359:

I was going to ask about D David but it was the same company as Blue Line then ? I know they were both at Tondu,can see it on the cab doors now in me mind. :laughing:

hi chris,
i think? the david family originally owned blue line and they ran a few motors in amongst the firm branded as d.david and sons,phil allot from north cornelly drove for them for years and many of the trucks he drove had that name on them.i remember colin oā€™brian used to come to joints yard regularly and as i am aware he owned blue line then during 80ā€™s and 90ā€™s.dai cap could tell us more than i would know about that.
[album][/]

Sorry about the photo quality - early camera phones!

This was my pride and joy at NR, given new to the gentleman Mike Pocock who I then shared it with when he went 4 on/4 off. Quite a step up from the ERF ECX I had before (you couldnā€™t know unless youā€™ve spent a few months in one- honest :unamused: they were a step back from the EC Olympics)

This was the best job I ever had, away four days, home four days, running tidy all over uk on clean work with mostly good kit (see above!). Got to meet 2 of Mr Cooperā€™s friends whilst there - EC14 (Graham) was in the traffic office for a bit and a thoroughly good egg - and ā€˜Peterā€™, whose various NR trucks feature on this thread. Lovely loke Pete but CHRIST he can talk! Iā€™ll never forget him telling us about the time he crushed his fingers in the stable door in such graphic detail I nearly passed outā€¦ Iā€™d say pass on my regards Andrew but I doubt theyā€™d remember me - I was only there between 2003 and 2006 when our first daughter arrived and time away tramping became harder to handle.

Iā€™m still in touch with a couple of guys from my time there, one of whom is still with them - Iā€™d go back like a shot (when they get rid of those Actroses :wink: )

And hereā€™s what I get to drive occasionally these days - wish it was more often.

This is also an update as Carringtonā€™s wagons have appeared twice before on here - pages 65 and 549. This is an example of what theyā€™re running now, albeit usually with a curtainsider on the spuds. AJ refers to founder Alan Carrington, I was in school with his sons John and Tom. I hadnā€™t driven for a year when I bumped into John in Tesco (where else - thereā€™s not much to do in Haverfordwest!) and he offered me the odd weekend shift - well every little helps! They have another XF and a CF tractor and a few rigid curtainsiders too.

sime17:

Sorry about the photo quality - early camera phones!

This was my pride and joy at NR, given new to the gentleman Mike Pocock who I then shared it with when he went 4 on/4 off. Quite a step up from the ERF ECX I had before (you couldnā€™t know unless youā€™ve spent a few months in one- honest :unamused: they were a step back from the EC Olympics)

This was the best job I ever had, away four days, home four days, running tidy all over uk on clean work with mostly good kit (see above!). Got to meet 2 of Mr Cooperā€™s friends whilst there - EC14 (Graham) was in the traffic office for a bit and a thoroughly good egg - and ā€˜Peterā€™, whose various NR trucks feature on this thread. Lovely loke Pete but CHRIST he can talk! Iā€™ll never forget him telling us about the time he crushed his fingers in the stable door in such graphic detail I nearly passed outā€¦ Iā€™d say pass on my regards Andrew but I doubt theyā€™d remember me - I was only there between 2003 and 2006 when our first daughter arrived and time away tramping became harder to handle.
Iā€™m still in touch with a couple of guys from my time there, one of whom is still with them - Iā€™d go back like a shot (when they get rid of those Actroses :wink: )

Hi sime17
Ec14 and I were on the same table at Saturdayā€™s party :unamused: and between Xmas and new year Peter and I went to a surprise 60th birthday party for a mutual friend of ours.i am very sorry to say that Peter hasnā€™t been well of late,though everyone is doing all that they can.regarding n.r. Evansā€™ fleet I noticed some new model actrosā€™ yesterday,itā€™s a very big operation these days.thanks for your photo.
Regards andrew.

NR Evans have recently taken a load of new Renault Premiums too.

WALTERS TRANSPORT, PONTLLIW.

WALTERS PONTLLIW

ken williams, swansea.

daibootsy:
ken williams, swansea.

Hello dai,
Not heard off you for a while mate :smiley:

hi andrew, i am ok, back home for amin.thougtook ashly down walters yard back in august these are some of the pics we took.ht i try and sort this downloading, seems to work so far.