Sorry if this has been asked before

Im running a laptop of my 300 watt nikkia invertor, its running throught the 24v socket (15A), its running ok, just wondered if there is any chance of me blowing the laptop up?? It seems to be running ok but I’d like to make sure…

Many thanks in advance…

Potter:
Im running a laptop of my 300 watt nikkia invertor, its running throught the 24v socket (15A), its running ok, just wondered if there is any chance of me blowing the laptop up?? It seems to be running ok but I’d like to make sure…

Many thanks in advance…

im have done that no problem as long as you have correct fuses.mine needs a 18 amp fuse and jackplug socket is 20 amp so im ok.

You need to be more concerned about how much the inverter is pulling through the socket in the truck.

They are usually around 15 amps.

Corrections will be forthcoming if I am incorrect.

EDIT: GETZ got in there while I was posting.
:LOL:

You’ve no problem with the laptop, The charging unit will cut out before any damage occurs.

But my personel preference is not to use invertors through the cig lighter for any length of time.
A direct battery feed through a decent thickness of cable is always best.

You should have no problems at all, your socket is able to handle 360 watts (24 volts x 15amps) so the inverter, even if you are using it at full power will not overload that, most laptops draw less than 120 watts so the inverter is easily able to handle the laptop and your laptop will only take what it needs so will not self destruct.

The only thing to be careful of is that inverters usually have two power ratings, one is continuous the other is peak, basically if you run it at the PEAK rating for too long it will overheat.

Yes for those eagle eyed out there I swapped continuos for PEAK.

thanks for all the replys, im going to run the engine for a minute before i go to bed to make sure it starts!!

Potter:
thanks for all the replys, im going to run the engine for a minute before i go to bed to make sure it starts!!

Starting the engine will take more out of the batteries than running it for 1 minute will replace and make it more likely you won’t start in the morning.

I regularly run a 150 watt inverter to power my laptop for 6 or 7 hours, and more sometimes, and the vehicle always starts no problem. That is in a variety of trucks.

I run my tv and laptop off a 150w inverter through a 12v socket with no probs, that is at the same time, so I can browse trucknet and watch the dross on tv…