Sorry, haven't got a degree in electronics

Got into a 14 plate Volvo yesterday and there to greet me was an “Audio System” :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Whatever happened to Turn on radio, Choose frequency, select radio station to listen to ■■

And drive :unamused: :unamused:

Make you right there fella. Got into our new Belingo van and was greeted with the same. Couldn’t even find the touchscreen button to turn the radio off, ffs!

Could it be an age thing? :blush:

Was driving a brand new DAF the other day. Moved from lane two to lane one as traffic was starting to free up and I was in no hurry. Message flashed up on the dash ‘Well anticipated’… Man is someone out there trying to freak us out?

LIBERTY_GUY:
Was driving a brand new DAF the other day. Moved from lane two to lane one as traffic was starting to free up and I was in no hurry. Message flashed up on the dash ‘Well anticipated’… Man is someone out there trying to freak us out?

Its possessed next it’ll be changing gear for you :open_mouth:

LIBERTY_GUY:

Did it have a funny “pod” sort of thing attached to the windscreen? I think it must be a camera, I had a similar thing coming up to slow traffic I eased off and slowed down just using exhaust brake and it said same thing, and also something about saving service brake linings

The pod on the screen,is for lane departure warning ,it cuts off the radio and give a rumble through whatever speaker is on the side you have wandered…2 ways to stop it ,either witch it off or indicate when changing lane…God knows what BMW and Merc drivers wil do in their cars ,as they don’t have indicators :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

The more gadgets the better but I’d turn off the electronic driving instructor straight away.

best you don’t get a euro 6 DAF,you need the DAVIE to switch off he driving instructor :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had to set the radio up in an Actros for a guy at Expect in Bradford, he’d driven about 100 miles with static coming through!

LIBERTY_GUY:

I’ve driven a 14 plate DAF rigid and had the same thing, it’s quite patronizing ins’t it! :smiley: - You can turn it off in the menu’s, but I sort of got used to arguing with it! :laughing:

I also liked the driving efficiency percentage, and in the 3 days i had it, I improved it by 4 percent! :smiley:
Sadly I felt quite joyful when I gained a percent. :blush:

I know, I’m a sad git…

That’s the idea of it evil …not to make you feel a sad git but ,when you see that % improvement you then set yourself goals to see if you can get better …you may not finish your run ,but you will have a good % …It’s official name is the Driver Performance Assistace …It can’t be switched off unless using DAVIE you may be able to hide it via the menu button ,but you can’t switch it off …only moi with DAVIE can :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

maybe one of you can explain why a radio in a 13 plate MAN keeps going up and down on the volume when I am not even touching anything

Got into a Renault T Range the other and put my card in and it came up with “remembering personal settings” :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

truckman020:
maybe one of you can explain why a radio in a 13 plate MAN keeps going up and down on the volume when I am not even touching anything

We’ve got 4 brand new MANs and the all do this. The faster you go, the radio volume increases to compensate for the road noise. It’s called speed dependant volume control.

I do like being able to work out these electronic gizmo’s in trucks. Showed a guy at work before how to get the tacho unit to display your times without doing a printout. He mind was blown!

Correct damoq .most cars do It nowdays ,keeps the volume up to compensate technically for road speed …Nothing nowdays is simple…

norb:
Correct damoq .most cars do It nowdays ,keeps the volume up to compensate technically for road speed …Nothing nowdays is simple…

What annoyed me about the new MANs we have, is that the radio has got a fancy touch screen with colour display. It’s got buttons for sat nav and Bluetooth but doesn’t have them. So basically its just a radio with a fancy display. What’s the point in that?[emoji36]

norb:

My 52 plate Fiesta has that.

I got into a 3 month old Daf XF in January and as soon as I sat down, I heard all the cupboards lock tightly closed,the lower bunk swung round so it was just hard plastic with no mattress and the seat was locked in place. And when I switched the radio on, all the presets were locked so they couldnt be changed. It was when a message appeared on the centre display that said “please wipe your feet” I thought “this is strange”
A quick read of the manual determined that this particular model had a built in anti-agency tamper device installed. Apparently it works by figuring out how clean your hi-viz is… :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:
I know, I’m a sad git…

Indeed