Sorry, haven't got a degree in electronics

The-Snowman:
I got into a 3 month old Daf XF in January and as soon as I sat down, I heard all the cupboards lock tightly closed,the lower bunk swung round so it was just hard plastic with no mattress and the seat was locked in place. And when I switched the radio on, all the presets were locked so they couldnt be changed. It was when a message appeared on the centre display that said “please wipe your feet” I thought “this is strange”
A quick read of the manual determined that this particular model had a built in anti-agency tamper device installed. Apparently it works by figuring out how clean your hi-viz is… :laughing:

The system decided that you are an agency driver? It paid you a compliment :sunglasses:

norb:
That’s the idea of it evil …not to make you feel a sad git but ,when you see that % improvement you then set yourself goals to see if you can get better …you may not finish your run ,but you will have a good % …It’s official name is the Driver Performance Assistace …It can’t be switched off unless using DAVIE you may be able to hide it via the menu button ,but you can’t switch it off …only moi with DAVIE can :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know mate, and playing it’s game (and knowing it) makes me sad! :laughing:
That truck is now with a permanent employee, after being with other agency drivers. And when he took it over, it was back down at the % I started with, so were the other drivers trying to lower the percentage? :open_mouth: As in the 3 days i drove it, anticipation, easing off the throttle and reduced braking needs were what pushed the % up. However, I think to get to 100%, you would need to remove the break pedal from the truck! :laughing:

I must admit I was let loose in a 64 plate FH the other week. Excellent bit of kit but I never did master the radio. I like to switch between R4 R2 and 5Live during the day. It was hard work

damoq:

norb:
Correct damoq .most cars do It nowdays ,keeps the volume up to compensate technically for road speed …Nothing nowdays is simple…

What annoyed me about the new MANs we have, is that the radio has got a fancy touch screen with colour display. It’s got buttons for sat nav and Bluetooth but doesn’t have them. So basically its just a radio with a fancy display. What’s the point in that?[emoji36]

Use the settings button to turn the bluetooth on, the sat nav may be disabled by the dealer but would not work without a genuine micro sd card anyway. For reference the sat nav is ■■■■■ and is of very little use to the truck. It pays no attention to the height or width even when correctly programmed in.
The speed dependant volume is turned up/down or off by setting it to zero in the audio adjustment section accessed by pressing rhs knob

stig414:

damoq:

norb:
Correct damoq .most cars do It nowdays ,keeps the volume up to compensate technically for road speed …Nothing nowdays is simple…

What annoyed me about the new MANs we have, is that the radio has got a fancy touch screen with colour display. It’s got buttons for sat nav and Bluetooth but doesn’t have them. So basically its just a radio with a fancy display. What’s the point in that?[emoji36]

Use the settings button to turn the bluetooth on, the sat nav may be disabled by the dealer but would not work without a genuine micro sd card anyway. For reference the sat nav is [zb] and is of very little use to the truck. It pays no attention to the height or width even when correctly programmed in.
The speed dependant volume is turned up/down or off by setting it to zero in the audio adjustment section accessed by pressing rhs knob

I tried turning the Bluetooth on but its greyed out on the display and pressing it done nothing. They are hire trucks from Ryder so I would assume they are poverty spec.

Our latest ones don’t even have lights in the roof ffs! The bluetooth being greyed out means a trip to turn on at the dealer. A shame really as the system is actually very good quality, better than our fitted phone kits tbh.

stig414:
Our latest ones don’t even have lights in the roof ffs! The bluetooth being greyed out means a trip to turn on at the dealer. A shame really as the system is actually very good quality, better than our fitted phone kits tbh.

Not really that bothered as I drive an Actros.[emoji3] We’ve got the 4 MANs from now till January for doing Poundworld. Supposed to use the MANs on the trunk but I managed to persuade the gaffer to let me use my Actros when i do it every 2nd Sunday.

damoq:

truckman020:
maybe one of you can explain why a radio in a 13 plate MAN keeps going up and down on the volume when I am not even touching anything

We’ve got 4 brand new MANs and the all do this. The faster you go, the radio volume increases to compensate for the road noise. It’s called speed dependant volume control.

Is that like the fair-the louder you scream, the faster we go. [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]