Something fairly light-hearted

A few things which can seem trivial but which, out of all logical proportion, can irritate the c#ap out of you … in no particular order:-

People (usually cars/vans) who park in the middle of the lay-by. This means that you can’t get in behind them… because your ar#e will be sticking out – and you certainly can’t get in in-front, and you can guarantee that they’ll look at you like you have two heads if you try to get them to move the car/van.

People who don’t know how wide their vehicle is! Biggest culprits here are usually camper-vans; the clue is in the title, mate, it’s a camper-VAN. You really don’t need to be over the white line!

People who drive ‘on their brakes’. You know the sort, the flipping brake lights flick on and off so often you sometimes wonder if they’re trying to send you a morse-code message.

…… and, on the subject of brakes, I am getting sick to the back teeth with staring at high-level brake lights. USE THE BL##DY HANDBRAKE

People who don’t know what those shiny things sticking out the side of their vehicle are for. 'Nuff said.

Pick a speed and stick to it. 5mph either way is fine, and understandable, but the sort who do 40, then up to 60, then back down to 40 because they’ve been distracted then…

…… and, on the subject of speed (and I quite understand that this may be particular to The Highlands), those who can’t go around a bend at anything over 20mph [perhaps they think their vehicle will fall over?] but then do 60 on the straights!

Want to add anything?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Think you’ve pretty much covered most of my pet hates apart from the one where cars coming down a clear on slip to join the carriageway seem to have a default speed setting of 51mph and will not accelerate until (a) I decide to pull out and pass them, or (b) until they’ve completed at least 2 miles at 50mph and have “settled in”.

And those who when joining a motorway ( not only car drivers ) think they have the god given right to enter…expecting everyone to move over for them…then leave em sitting in the middle lane…the difference between loaded and empty comes to mind.

the impatient people who pull out in front of you, making you brake, who then go 10 yards down the road and put their right indicator on!

Car drivers doing 50 in the first lane so that when you pull out to overtake them forces everyone else out into the third lane or those behind to ease off causing the concertina effect further back
Ditto but in middle lane so you either have to sit behind them (in either lane) or illegally undertake them.
N.B. They probably think they are doing 56 for fuel economy but don’t take into account the poor calibration of car speedometers. If they were doing 56 it wouldn’t be too bad!

Hycus:
the impatient people who pull out in front of you, making you brake, who then go 10 yards down the road and put their right indicator on!

That without a doubt was one of my real pet hates.

Car drivers that dither while waiting for traffic lights to change.
They are not looking to see when they change but decided to fiddle in the car.
The lights change, they sit there, then the light goes to red again.
What do they think is going to happen.

Light hearted? You’ve just raised everybody’s blood pressure! Where’s my beetroot juice…I’ll be back when I’ve stopped frothing…

Magicmikew:
Car drivers doing 50 in the first lane so that when you pull out to overtake them forces everyone else out into the third lane or those behind to ease off causing the concertina effect further back
Ditto but in middle lane so you either have to sit behind them (in either lane) or illegally undertake them.
N.B. They probably think they are doing 56 for fuel economy but don’t take into account the poor calibration of car speedometers. If they were doing 56 it wouldn’t be too bad!

Made worse when they decide to speed up because they don’t want to overtaken by a lorry. And worse still when they slow back down again but don’t leave enough room for you to pull back into lane one! Grr!

Truck drivers that think their in cars and change lanes at the slightest whiff of a hold up then try and get back in before I’ve undertaken them realising the error of their ways.

Truck drivers who try and pass you whilst in an acceleration zone that have a slower top speed, usually i’ll hang them out to dry and bask in the glory of their stupidity.

Truck drivers who leave me hanging out to dry when they have a higher top speed after I’ve almost past them in an acceleration zone.

Truck drivers who can’t blindside reverse for ■■■■, new passes are exempt.

Anyone with a double barreld surname.

Goods in staff that totally ignore you then get upset when I walk off at the point they eventually approach the counter.

Anyone who takes a phone call while I’m talking to them.

IGNORANCE
IGNORANCE
IGNORANCE
AND MOST OF ALL IGNORANCE…

if I let you out or let you thru a gap just wave/flash ya lights, it won’t kill ya…

These idiots really do test my Christian driving techniques…

[emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

polytrotter:
IGNORANCE
IGNORANCE
IGNORANCE
AND MOST OF ALL IGNORANCE…

if I let you out or let you thru a gap just wave/flash ya lights, it won’t kill ya…

These idiots really do test my Christian driving techniques…

[emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I adopt a more atheistic attitude to driving :
If there’s no afterlife I’m in no particular hurry to leave this one.
If I don’t have Jesus for a copilot I’m looking out for myself.
And since it means I don’t need to drive to church/mosque/temple/synagogue, everyone else is a little safer too.
[emoji3] [emoji56]

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

No body put FOG lights they kill me and with the weather we’ve had every tool that can’t figger out how to drive in snow just puts there fog lights on and gos 5mph

FOG LIGHTS And all of that above me thinks

:slight_smile: :grimacing: :unamused: :open_mouth:

A minority of car drivers who follow each other like sheep,a road i come down (priory rd cricklade)is two way,one side usually has cars on it,so oncoming cars usually give way and flash you through,today a number of cars just kept coming even though cars in front of them had come to a stop,result was i couldn’t go anywhere and neither could the vehicles behind me,oncoming vehicles have right of way but most do stop leaving a gap,but today they just followed each other like sheep until everything came to a standstill.

the maoster:
Think you’ve pretty much covered most of my pet hates apart from the one where cars coming down a clear on slip to join the carriageway seem to have a default speed setting of 51mph and will not accelerate until (a) I decide to pull out and pass them, or (b) until they’ve completed at least 2 miles at 50mph and have “settled in”.

Definitely this.

Sent from my ALBA 5 using Tapatalk

Win-Stone:
A few things which can seem trivial but which, out of all logical proportion, can irritate the c#ap out of you … in no particular order:-

People (usually cars/vans) who park in the middle of the lay-by. This means that you can’t get in behind them… because your ar#e will be sticking out – and you certainly can’t get in in-front, and you can guarantee that they’ll look at you like you have two heads if you try to get them to move the car/van.

…… and, on the subject of brakes, I am getting sick to the back teeth with staring at high-level brake lights. USE THE BL##DY HANDBRAKE

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Posters who think they are getting round the auto-censor by mis-spelling words. :smiling_imp:
But in your case they would have got through. :grimacing: :laughing: Sorry I couldn’t resist it!

But back on topic… car drivers that sit in the middle lane at much less than the speed limit, when lane 1 is empty, apart from me behind them and force an overtake by me going right round them, in a car btw, and back to lane 1 and they still sit there.

The other thing that irrates the [zb] out of me is the phrase “boils my ■■■■”, now that really messes with my ratio.

Colingl:
The other thing that irrates the [zb] out of me is the phrase “boils my ■■■■”, now that really messes with my ratio.

:laughing: You prefer “that’s rippin ma knittin” don’t you? :wink:

I prefer either aye, right or bolt ya rocket. :wink:

There should a special place in Hell for pedestrians who walk up to a pelican crossing, press the button, see the road is clear and then walk cross, without waiting for the lights to change. The traffic then stops about half a minute later when ■■■■ for brains is nearly home.
So we all sit at a red light for no one.
Really “boils my ■■■■” [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

sent using smoke signals

Motorway Jct 1 mile. Car driver overtakes and pulls in front then decreases speed as they are coming off at the Jct. Why overtake in the first place you fool!