Someone with a tractor unit needed for a day, cash waiting

Ok then this is the deal.

I need to either rent a unit for the day or have a owner driver with his unit come assist me for a few hours one day.
Cash waiting.

Basically I need my caravan moving from Anglesey to Frodsham (87 miles)…
Your caravan? yes my caravan… :grimacing:

The trailer is 40’ long, 8’ 3" wide and 14’ 6" high.
I am not sure of the weight but 10 tonnes would be a good estimate I think, so no heavy weight.

Although I am in transport I currently don’t have a unit and am subcontracting as a driver so there you go.
I will drive behind in the car with amber flashing lights and a sign. No operators licence is needed as this is a recreational vehicle.
Or rent me your unit and I will get someone to drive behind met etc… the options are endless as long as the bugger is moved to storage…

Please get in touch with a quote.
I need it moving soon-ish.

Please e-mail me direct on info@truckersnet.co.uk
or call: +44 (0)7572 453 789

cheers…

Toby

You haven’t mentioned whether it’s fit for the road. :confused:

Ken.

Quinny:

Ken.

I presume it will need a valid test certificate !

Quinny:

Ken.

Presumably not if someone is needed to drive behind it with beacons flashing. :astonished:

Quinny:

Ken.

well I think it is fit enough to be on the road otherwise I would not drive it myself…
Some twonk stole the back light lenses but I will bring a light board…

All seems solid and brakes are free… it was brought there a few months ago over the road behind an artic and seemed fine. Tires are up, it is the older leaf-spring suspension so no airbags to worry about…
Brakes worked…

So all well… roadworthy enough to make the trip…

Denis F:
I presume it will need a valid test certificate !

for what?
It ain’t a commercial trailer, it’s a recreational vehicle a caravan, no MOT needed…

Rob K:
Presumably not if someone is needed to drive behind it with beacons flashing. :astonished:

that is just to make sure… as I would not like to drive it full steam ahead after it has been stood a while…

perfect job for shuttlespanker, the biggest day cab in the land to pull the (proberly) biggest cavavan in the land.
hmmm 10tons might be a bit to heavy for globby480 to pull. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Interesting.

philgor:
perfect job for shuttlespanker, the biggest day cab in the land to pull the (proberly) biggest cavavan in the land.
hmmm 10tons might be a bit to heavy for globby480 to pull. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Go on you know you want too… :grimacing:

Rob K:

Interesting.

what is?
I know the outside needs a good coat of paint lol seen as you got that pic you also seen the rest of the inside have you?

Some diff left the windows open so I have some rain damage but hey nothing that some heat and paint cant sort…

I want to re-fiberglass the roof, re-paint the chassis, service the trailer, paint the outside and just re-decorate the inside over the next 6 months…
then it’s ready for action and I should have my own unit again…

With respect …

You have to remember that any trailer pulled behind a unit instantly becomes the reposibility of the operators licence holder …thus meaning if there are any defects with said trailer thats been standing for sometime its the o-licence holder who gets a black mark … if a PG9 was issued it goes on the operator not the owner of the trailer …
The worst thing is it looks a total ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (no offence meant just stating the obvious) and as if its been standing for months…and is going to attract attention from any authority vosa or otherwise …If it doesn’t have m.o.t it gets worse …although you could say your taking it for mot prep …

I would advise repairing the lights as opposed to a lightboard as that will attract more attention and plod will pull you into the nearest layby quicker than half a dozen 15yr old kids drinking lager in a ford fiesta …

Anyway good luck …

Why not get someone with a lowloader to move it for you then no probs with condition most recovery people have them for bus work or try a greedy farmer who may have a dolly

Mala99:
Why not get someone with a lowloader to move it for you then no probs with condition most recovery people have them for bus work or try a greedy farmer who may have a dolly

Looks a little ‘tall’ to be going on a low lowder??

Ross.

bigr250:

Mala99:

Looks a little ‘tall’ to be going on a low lowder??

Ross.

says 14.6’ on 1st post’ may be ok not sure depends on route

Why not rent a unit for the day and do it yourself? Looks abit sketchy for someone with an o-license to be doing it.

robdorling:
With respect …

You have to remember that any trailer pulled behind a unit instantly becomes the reposibility of the operators licence holder …thus meaning if there are any defects with said trailer thats been standing for sometime its the o-licence holder who gets a black mark … if a PG9 was issued it goes on the operator not the owner of the trailer …
The worst thing is it looks a total piece of [zb] (no offence meant just stating the obvious) and as if its been standing for months…and is going to attract attention from any authority vosa or otherwise …If it doesn’t have m.o.t it gets worse …although you could say your taking it for mot prep …

I would advise repairing the lights as opposed to a lightboard as that will attract more attention and plod will pull you into the nearest layby quicker than half a dozen 15yr old kids drinking lager in a ford fiesta …

Anyway good luck …

Fair enough I see your point.
The O-licence is not needed though so this could be as friends I would be happy to drive someone’s unit without their o-licence on display meaning it’s just a private thing and I “loaned” the vehicle…
That would give me the responsibility.

I have to agree that it looks like a piece of… :laughing:
It will get better lol when done I will post a pic or two…

Like I said I can see you point and I think that just renting a unit myself is the way forward…

Mala99:

I have to agree with some other posts that I think that it might be a much hassle to put it on a low loader…
I rang a couple people and they say they don’t want to do it on the low loader.
It is a bit of a distance surely to drive a tractor that far and back.

Saaamon:
Why not rent a unit for the day and do it yourself? Looks abit sketchy for someone with an o-license to be doing it.

Looks like that is what I will be doing…
No O-licence needed though so I thought there might be just someone with a unit…

It looks pretty cool i reckon, you should get some pictures when you move it and start painting the outside.

Saaamon:
It looks pretty cool i reckon, you should get some pictures when you move it and start painting the outside.

yeh I think it will be great when done…
I will make moving pics… :stuck_out_tongue:

Contact Top Gear, Clarkson and Co would love the challenge and might make a slot in their TV program to show how it was done.

I think you might struggle to even hire a unit without proof of O licence.

Ben9:
I think you might struggle to even hire a unit without proof of O licence.

This ^. Guaranteed 100%.

get a scabby old erf or iveco on the front and tell ;em your with the fairground.