Some old Truckfest pics

Not sure what the year was or even if all the pics were taken in the same year, the newest motor i found was an E reg. All taken at Truckfest Peterboro.

great photos. wonder how many of those firms pictured are still running ?

Saw that Swiss Flyer Scania around a lot years ago, I’m sure I’ve been on the ferry out of Felixstowe with it a few times. Great pics Kindle.

Coffeeholic:
Saw that Swiss Flyer Scania around a lot years ago, I’m sure I’ve been on the ferry out of Felixstowe with it a few times. Great pics Kindle.

Probably Neil,he used to ship in & out of Felixstowe every week,came from the Yorkshire area if I remember rightly.

Used to have "Yes,I’m a poseur" written on the doors.

Young blonde haired guy. Ladies man. His wife divorced him & it was goodbye to the Swiss Flyer. He had to sell up to pay his wife. Decent bloke tho’.

very nice photos with your picture of the EMC volvo

being for me the best one, thanks a lot.

JE Fuller is still about ,well his son Mark runs the firm…done a bit for him once

i used to see the pink scanny on the M6 around crick area
it used to be driven by a lady guess thats why its pink then :open_mouth:

Good to c some of the older trucks , personal fav is the black F16 globie had a big soft spoty for volvo globbies

I think John Scholey is still dreaming of setaside and living off farmers grants :smiley:

bryan nunn is still going, and am i right in thinking the guy who was behind santa fe started aitinson topeka (spelling??)

euromat:
bryan nunn is still going, and am i right in thinking the guy who was behind santa fe started aitinson topeka (spelling??)

I think he did, bit of a fan of American railroads hence the names.

Dave Jenkins:

Did she use to pull a bulker with it?

Coffeeholic:

Dave Jenkins:

I think so neil I think the gals name was Kay

I think there was a feature of her in one of the truck magazines, with her truck on the cover.

Coffeeholic:
I think there was a feature of her in one of the truck magazines, with her truck on the cover.

Also on TV now I think of it… It was a documentary following a day in the lives of 3 owner/drivers. She was one of them , Graham Cordiner an other and the last one was that “Bobby Ball” look a like who had the Atki Strato in blue with murals all over it and pulled a brick trailer… anybody else remember this■■?

I need to lie down , remembering that made my head hurt…!!! :unamused: :wink:

I do remember it now you mention it. I posted a picture from my collection of Graham Cordiner’s Scania on THIS thread a couple of years ago.

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:12 pm Post subject:

Coffeeholic wrote:
Dave Jenkins wrote:
it used to be driven by a lady guess thats why its pink then

I think so neil I think the gals name was Kay

Spoke to my mate about her truck he remebers it pulling a tipper?
and the paint job was done free by the paint company to show off there pink paint! all the wanted was a small advert on the truck !

montana man:

Coffeeholic:

Also on TV now I think of it… It was a documentary following a day in the lives of 3 owner/drivers. She was one of them , Graham Cordiner an other and the last one was that “Bobby Ball” look a like who had the Atki Strato in blue with murals all over it and pulled a brick trailer… anybody else remember this■■?

yeah i remember that programme, i used to love watching it

chris harriot was the guy with the sheddon atki

montana man:

Coffeeholic:

was the owner of the blue atki-strato chris harriot if i remember rightly he packed the brick work in & got a fridge trailer & used to pull outa woodys (coolchain) on the a2 just outside sittingbourne.