Some old Truckfest pics

Nice to see a pic of the old EMC 88
As far as i know the owner Mike still has it tucked away some where.
The last i saw of him he was on for Oswestry waste paper.

harry:
Young blonde haired guy. Ladies man. His wife divorced him & it was goodbye to the Swiss Flyer. He had to sell up to pay his wife. Decent bloke tho’.

I think you will find that the guy who owned it “MICK” turned it on its side on the Brussels ring and wrote the lot off.If i remember the reason he quit after that was that he had no CMR insurance in place at the time and the outfit he was pulling for sued him for the lost load.

Sandy McCracken is still going strong.
It’s probably the son who’s running it now though.

Fantastic pics guys thank you for sharin them with us :sunglasses: :laughing:

Always liked the “tennant” fleet from forth scotland… heres a pict from truckfest scotland from a few years ago…

Brilliant pic Fallmonk

oh yeah, the pic of the trucks isnt too bad either :smiley:

Since you liked the picts heres some more!

Very smart mate, the more you put up the better! I like the blue one with the pink stripe.

Nice pics Fallmonk. I like the black Merc, apart from the extra spotlights.

i remember the blue v8 scania was featured in a truck mag many moons ago, looked well smart, wonder whats happened to it now?

Fallmonk:

Sure i remember seeing that Globy XL in the background in the Truckfest review in one of the magazines a year or few back. If it is the one it has one of the best reg. plates i’ve ever seen

GL03YXL

Good one eh?! Although it’ll look better when the '08 regs come out! I’m pretty sure that’s the one. Anyone confirm for me?

kindle530:
Not sure what the year was or even if all the pics were taken in the same year, the newest motor i found was an E reg. All taken at Truckfest Peterboro.

Mark Kendrew who owns the silver Scanny was also one of the drivers of the Allinsons motors.
When Allinsons sold up he and another guy Martin Headley ( Baby Hippo) both bought their trucks from Allinsons and set up as owner drivers. Both were doing very well the last time I saw them.
In the early and mid 90’s I used to run to Italy with them together with Joe Sharp when he first set up. I was on for Harvey’s at the time with a 3300 Daf.
I remember being weekended in Dover and one saturday night we walked all the way back from the new age club absolutley rat arsed and decided for a laugh to put all the traffic cones on the pavement out onto to dual cariageway all the way back to the docks. We were that ■■■■■■ that we didnt notice the cop car following us at staggering pace. Just as we got to the roundabout at the bottom of jubilee way the coppers put the siren on and made us walk all the way back putting the cones back. We were sobber when we did get back to the wheelhouse.

Paul