Some of you really crack me up!

I put a topic on here a while ago about flashing other trucks in! When I was driving units n trailers I always flashed in all trucks & sometimes caravans etc, after all it only takes a second. I am now on a 4 wheel rigid through my choice & very rarely get flashed in when I overtake?

I was out in the luton van last week with a small load & almost every artic flashed me in? Why! The luton is nowhere near as long as the rigid & yet the professionals flash me in!

This irritates me! When artics & other trucks pass me I will flash you in when I feel it is safe for you to come in, not when you put your indicater on!

:unamused: You will end up in an early grave if you let silly things like this get to you !!

I was once driving up the M1 minding my own business when i caught up with another Lorry, which is rare for me as i am 52 mph tops. As i went by and got past i got no flash from him, and i do know my length of vehicle. As i got further up the road i noticed that he was flashing lorries in and they were mainly Class 1 vehicles.

I wouldn’t worry but i do know how you feel though. It gets on my ■■■■.

What really gets my goat is when you flash in a bendy who is clearly taking his time to get back in and holding other trucks up and get no thanks for it, or knocking it off a few clicks as they are taking forever to get by and still don’t get a thanks for it. I don’t let it get to me and just get on with the job.

Most 4wheeler drivers have attutide problems and cut in before you flash anyway.

Besides the rules on what vehicles i should or shouldnt flash any more useful tips?

Saaamon:
Most 4wheeler drivers have attutide problems and cut in before you flash anyway.

but i have 6 wheels lol

bazstan009:
Besides the rules on what vehicles i should or shouldnt flash any more useful tips?

lol! Quality.

Saaamon:

I’m glad you put most as I haven’t! I’ve driven class 1 wagon n drag the lot, I treat all drivers the same, apart from Audi drivers!

I feel the class oners of today have an attitude problem( look at me I’m a class one driver). Lets face it we are all doing the same bloody job!

Saaamon:

I agree.

I dont care if the drivers have been on artics for 60 years or that they are just doing a local run in a 4 wheeler but the fact is, that on the actual day they are in a rigid i will look down on them as mere peasants accordingly :laughing: :laughing:
And i expect the same treatment when ever i have to drive a rigid :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
I flash rigids in anyway.

Oh not this again… :unamused:

Does it really matter either way if your flashed in or not? I do as its courtesy regardless if its a rigid or a artic.

From a peasant rigid driver :laughing:

I really couldn’t give a toss whether others “flash me in” or not - But if they do (and I notice it) I’ll usually give a little wiggle on the indicators by way of acknowledgement. To do otherwise would simply be bad manners. I hardly ever flash anyone else in as the vast majority of drivers pull in before there is a safe gap in front of me anyway and it’s almost always totally unnecessary.

My own pet peeve is those who appear incapable of using their indicators on roundabouts and similar - typically indicating far too late to be of any use to anyone, or continuing to indicate right until they have actually started to leave via their chosen exit.

Ffs let this topic die a death if you dont flash or get flashed in ■■■■ it theres more to life than this ■■■■■■■■ why worry yourself over it

a tipper driver didnt flash me in on the M6 nr stoke just before xmas and it ruined my xmas.
This driver just didnt give a toss how i was going to pull back in safely without him flashing me in.
It completly ruined my xmas and new year and found it hard to sleep for the first few nights after the incident.
My wife noticed a change in my behaviour and told me to go and seek help.

Has any other drivers been affected in this way ■■?

Roymondo:
My own pet peeve is those who appear incapable of using their indicators on roundabouts and similar - typically indicating far too late to be of any use to anyone, or continuing to indicate right until they have actually started to leave via their chosen exit.

Same as mine and I try to keep my cool on the road regarding this. But I find by Saturday at 3pm in a town centre I’m starting to grind my teeth quite a bit at a fairly large number of the population, who cannot competenly operate a indicator stalk fitted for their benefit so they don’t have to stick their hand out of the window instead! :imp:

Saaamon:

Well driving from North London into all of East Anglia inlcuding Essex, Suffolk and even lower into Kent I’ve always found on Saturdays that everyone flashes me in (i’m either driving a puddle jumper or 18t). Regardless of whether they drive an artic or a rigid and of course vice versa from myself. And that includes container and Stobart drivers!

But also I don’t leave anyone hanging in lane 2 if we are climbing a steepish hill or coming off a slip road :wink:

I don’t know a lot, but I do try to be considerate to all lorry drivers (and even other road users) as I view the road as a place to be shared, gosh how naive am I after holding an HGV licence nearly 8 years! :blush:

Constantine:

Saaamon:

Well driving from North London into all of East Anglia inlcuding Essex, Suffolk and even lower into Kent I’ve always found on Saturdays that everyone flashes me in (i’m either driving a puddle jumper or 18t). Regardless of whether they drive an artic or a rigid and of course vice versa from myself. And that includes container and Stobart drivers!

But also I don’t leave anyone hanging in lane 2 if we are climbing a steepish hill or coming off a slip road :wink:

I don’t know a lot, but I do try to be considerate to all lorry drivers (and even other road users) as I view the road as a place to be shared, gosh how naive am I after holding an HGV licence nearly 8 years! :blush:

7.5t drivers are fine, its just 4wheelers for me, not saying everyone is the same at all your clearly one of the alright people, i worked for a company that done pallet network stuff and all the 4 wheeler drivers there had this stinking attitude problem yet the 6 wheelers and 7.5t drivers were all sound.

Saaamon : (In bowler hat, green jacket and green trousers) I look down on him (Indicates Daf1691) because I am upper-class.

Daf1691: (Pork-pie hat and high viz vest) I look up to him (Saaamon ) because he is upper-class; but I look down on him (FarnboroughBoy11) because he is lower-class. I am middle-class

FarnboroughBoy11: (Cloth cap and string vest) I know my place. I look up to them both. But I don’t look up to him (Daf1691) as much as I look up to him (Saaamon ), because he has got a bendy truck.

Saaamon : I have got a bendy truck, but I have not got any money. So sometimes I look up (bends knees, does so) to him (Daf1691).

Daf1691: I still look up to him (Saaamon ) because although I have money, I am a lowly rigid driver. But I am not as lowly as him (FarnboroughBoy11) so I still look down on him (FarnboroughBoy11).

FarnboroughBoy11: I know my place. I look up to them both; but while I am poor, I am honest, industrious and trustworthy. Had I the inclination, I could look down on them. But I don’t.

Daf1691: We all know our place, but what do we get out of it?

Saaamon : I get a feeling of superiority over them.

Daf1691: I get a feeling of inferiority from him, (Saaamon ), but a feeling of superiority over him (FarnboroughBoy11).

FarnboroughBoy11: I get a pain in the back of my neck.

With apologies to John Cleese et al

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Santa, that was quality mate, well done :slight_smile:

Who gives a flying duck anyway… :unamused:

Santa:
Saaamon : (In bowler hat, green jacket and green trousers) I look down on him (Indicates Daf1691) because I am upper-class.

Daf1691: (Pork-pie hat and high viz vest) I look up to him (Saaamon ) because he is upper-class; but I look down on him (FarnboroughBoy11) because he is lower-class. I am middle-class

FarnboroughBoy11: (Cloth cap and string vest) I know my place. I look up to them both. But I don’t look up to him (Daf1691) as much as I look up to him (Saaamon ), because he has got a bendy truck.

Saaamon : I have got a bendy truck, but I have not got any money. So sometimes I look up (bends knees, does so) to him (Daf1691).

Daf1691: I still look up to him (Saaamon ) because although I have money, I am a lowly rigid driver. But I am not as lowly as him (FarnboroughBoy11) so I still look down on him (FarnboroughBoy11).

FarnboroughBoy11: I know my place. I look up to them both; but while I am poor, I am honest, industrious and trustworthy. Had I the inclination, I could look down on them. But I don’t.

Daf1691: We all know our place, but what do we get out of it?

Saaamon : I get a feeling of superiority over them.

Daf1691: I get a feeling of inferiority from him, (Saaamon ), but a feeling of superiority over him (FarnboroughBoy11).

FarnboroughBoy11: I get a pain in the back of my neck.

With apologies to John Cleese et al

:laughing: :laughing: Good one :wink:

TTX boy:
a tipper driver didnt flash me in on the M6 nr stoke just before xmas and it ruined my xmas.
This driver just didnt give a toss how i was going to pull back in safely without him flashing me in.
It completly ruined my xmas and new year and found it hard to sleep for the first few nights after the incident.
My wife noticed a change in my behaviour and told me to go and seek help.

Has any other drivers been affected in this way ■■?

yes i went to the doctor and he gave me a 2 week sicknote a pile of pills and was told not to get too stressed or my head could explode :frowning: