Some of you really crack me up!

Saaamon:

Constantine:

Saaamon:
Most 4wheeler drivers have attutide problems and cut in before you flash anyway.

Well driving from North London into all of East Anglia inlcuding Essex, Suffolk and even lower into Kent I’ve always found on Saturdays that everyone flashes me in (i’m either driving a puddle jumper or 18t). Regardless of whether they drive an artic or a rigid and of course vice versa from myself. And that includes container and Stobart drivers!

But also I don’t leave anyone hanging in lane 2 if we are climbing a steepish hill or coming off a slip road :wink:

I don’t know a lot, but I do try to be considerate to all lorry drivers (and even other road users) as I view the road as a place to be shared, gosh how naive am I after holding an HGV licence nearly 8 years! :blush:

7.5t drivers are fine, its just 4wheelers for me, not saying everyone is the same at all your clearly one of the alright people, i worked for a company that done pallet network stuff and all the 4 wheeler drivers there had this stinking attitude problem yet the 6 wheelers and 7.5t drivers were all sound.

That’s alright Saamon I wasn’t having a pop at you bud, (I’m sure you wouldn’t worry if I had anyway, water of a duck’s back etc). As you said most and not everyone I’ll just take myself out the most pile, until I make a mistake and then put myself back in :laughing: . Even though some days I must forget to use an indicator or flash someone in/out somewhere by the laws of statistics alone! Apologies if I have ever done that to any of you! :blush: :laughing:

I was just using my example to the OP that on the M25, A12, M11, A14 etc, etc everyone seems to look after each other when it comes to flashing in and other helpful thanks communications even when I am driving a Scania P280 18 tonner. :unamused:

Ok I know I am only hobby driving on a Saturday, but that day can be as equally busy as a weekday, sometimes worse I am told (yet to see it with my own eyes :open_mouth: )

And it wasn’t on knock on box or Stobart drivers by saying they even do it, I just wanted to dispel some myths and say everyone seems to do it when I am around. I promise :grimacing:

I find most drivers very helpful even from other companies since I’ve come back to driving weekends again last year, which I am truly grateful for, no attitudes yet…

But most importantly like everyone said before, if you get hung up on this, you’re well on the way to having a heart attack through stress related driving.

C

It helps getting flashed back in , but I’m not that bothered either way …

I generally only flash other slow moving trucks back in , if I’m doing 55 and a van flys past at 60 his well clear , 7.5t arnt that long any way sometimes I do some times I don’t either way it’s no big deal…

Get yourself a stobart wagon then see how many times you DON’T get flashed in or DON’T get a friendly indicator flash after flashing someone in.
I flash anything in if it passes slowly…it’s called courtesy. And yes I do have some even though i’m an ex tipper driver;-)

I just flashed a very short wheel based 7.5t skip lorry in , as an Arctic driver do I gain courtesy points :smiley:

SYE-1:
I just flashed a very short wheel based 7.5t skip lorry in , as an Arctic driver do I gain courtesy points :smiley:

No. because skip drivers don’t count! :wink:

SYE-1:

Did you ask him to swipe your courtesy points reward card? If not I am afraid if you look in the very long and boring T&C’s that you can’t claim those points! :laughing:

C

I flash anything in, class 1, class 2, rigids, vans, cars, bikes etc. :grimacing:

TTX boy:
a tipper driver didnt flash me in on the M6 nr stoke just before xmas and it ruined my xmas.This driver just didnt give a toss how i was going to pull back in safely without him flashing me in.It completly ruined my xmas and new year and found it hard to sleep for the first few nights after the incident.My wife noticed a change in my behaviour and told me to go and seek help.Has any other drivers been affected in this way ■■?

you want some razor blades? :grimacing: :grimacing:

Darb:
I flash anything…/quote]

It’s ok until you get caught by the old bill…or so I have been told :laughing:

C

I know exactly how long my truck is so I won’t flash you in as you will be going faster than me and I don’t expect you to flash me in should I risk an overtake at 40 mph because that’s as fast as I’m going anywhere with plant and machinery and an hourly rate so steady away is my rule you run your own race :sunglasses:

ladder49:
I know exactly how long my truck is so I won’t flash you in as you will be going faster than me and I don’t expect you to flash me in should I risk an overtake at 40 mph because that’s as fast as I’m going anywhere with plant and machinery and an hourly rate so steady away is my rule you run your own race :sunglasses:

You never go faster than 40? I’m not surprised you don’t expect to be flashed in, I find it hard to believe you’ve overtaken anything ever at that speed (barring pushbikes or people with poorly right legs)

It would be handy if people who don’t acknowledge being flashed in perhaps had an identifying sticker on their cabs, it would save me an absolute fortune in wasted electricity! :smiley:

BTW, merely indicating left does NOT constitute acknowledgement. :wink:

TTX boy:
a tipper driver didnt flash me in on the M6 nr stoke just before xmas and it ruined my xmas.
This driver just didnt give a toss how i was going to pull back in safely without him flashing me in.
It completly ruined my xmas and new year and found it hard to sleep for the first few nights after the incident.
My wife noticed a change in my behaviour and told me to go and seek help.

Has any other drivers been affected in this way ■■?

Working for greeny is enough reason to seek help.LOL

What’s the proper acknowledgement then… :blush:

I do left indicate in, then quick right, then quick left. Seen some do loads of indicator flashing like a Christmas tree, or others who do one right only, or hazards lights on for one or twice flicks, or the worst ones who put on the hazard lights on for way more than a couple of seconds (which scares the bejesus out of me as I then expect an obstruction up ahead, that I hadn’t seen when I invited them in, what did I miss and then I come off the gas! :confused: )

Not that I really worry, they’ve come in without having taken me and the cab with them and I hope I know what they are doing now as I have invited them in front of me. :laughing:

C

ladder49:

If you overtake me doing 40mph, flashing you in would be the least of my worries!!! :slight_smile:

FarnboroughBoy11:

ladder49:

If you overtake me doing 40mph, flashing you in would be the least of my worries!!! :slight_smile:

+1 :smiley:

Its the my Dads bigger than your Dad syndrome.You are supposed to be professionals.

Just out of curiosity, what is the official highway code\vosa view on flashing?

Did a DHeLl chep pallet induction\driving assessment last year, at the end he said flashing, never really paid much attention, cuz me right arm wuz givin me so much grief :unamused:

Whats gets me is being flashed in in my coach (im not knocking it :wink: ) as by the time im passed im miles away, still acknowledge though :wink:
I also flash trucks out if they want to pull out to overtake and move over if their joining from a slip road :wink:

Nothing to do with VOSA (unless you’ve got one or more non-functioning headlamps!). Official Highway Code stance is that headlamp flashes have only one purpose - to warn another road user of the presence of your vehicle.

^^

This!