Some more hull outfits

Some more pics of Hull wagons and mishaps…

Would love to find out who C.M.A were…anybody■■?

Some BROOKSBANKS pics of Tiny Tim then and Now presently owned by Mr Parkin

HARRISON SOLWAY YX97.JPG

GLICKSTEN.jpg

Here is one of Dave Riby’s motors purloined off Bubblemans thread.

Any memories of Eric Camp from Cottingham who ran for Gliksten Doors. I have spoken to Springfield about him, but he was a family friend

Wheel Nut:

Here is one of Dave Riby’s motors purloined off Bubblemans thread.

Any memories of Eric Camp from Cottingham who ran for Gliksten Doors. I have spoken to Springfield about him, but he was a family friend

Yeah, Riby is now Eurovision (merged with Blakey)

Any one know anything of this company■■? SALTEND HAULAGE…it is possible that they operated from the old AIRPORT GARAGE at Saltend

SALTEND  2.jpg

DREWERY  AB SOLUTIONS.jpg

Anymore pics? :smiley:

JonB1973:
Anymore pics? :smiley:

Hull Registration but doubt the truck operated from Hull, presumably runway de-icer so could be for Humberside airport though

I reckon the unknown Bradford Commer TS3 buried in Anlaby Road is one of J G Fielders from Bradford,they carried bales like that like Ashworths from the same city.
I vaguely remember CMA,they could have worked out of the paint company in Hull whose name I forget,not Humbrol though. I think Blakeys did work out of the same place.
Malc Wheelnut will know the firm as it’s been mentioned before.

Chris Webb:
I reckon the unknown Bradford Commer TS3 buried in Anlaby Road is one of J G Fielders from Bradford,they carried bales like that like Ashworths from the same city.
I vaguely remember CMA,they could have worked out of the paint company in Hull whose name I forget,not Humbrol though. I think Blakeys did work out of the same place.

I think you meant Blundell Paints Chris, later Croda, then Axzo. Now gone along with Marfleet Refining, Seven Seas

Wheel Nut:

Chris Webb:

I think you meant Blundell Paints Chris, later Croda, then Axzo. Now gone along with Marfleet Refining, Seven Seas

Aye Malc,Blundell Permoglaze,that’s the firm and I think that’s where I saw the CMA wagon now and again,but what CMA stood for I haven’t got a clue.When you say Axco,could it have been the same firm that took Albright and Wilson over in Widnes? After an absence of 15 years on tanks I went back on them and delivered to the old A and W plant under a name similar or was it Elf Atacom,bloody hell,can’t remember,why did I ask. :laughing:

Some more Hull firms, the Premier and Universal tankers ;unknown copyright

TEPS ESWL.jpg

G BAYS.jpg

PREMIER NEW.jpg

PREMIER  NEW.jpg

I believe Premier Oil and Cake Mills was somehow mixed up with BOCM and Wray Sanderson

It later became John L Seaton and Croda.

This one looks like it is a Suttons contract motor owned by J E Hardisty from Garston

Huon Haulage was owned by a rather shady character called Don Thompson and he also bought Richardsons Transport.

PMB with the Middlegate tilt looks like an old Felixstowe motor

Smack on Wheelnut, Premier was formerly Wray Sanderson, i have one of their invoices from that period,the story (and there are a few i admit) that i heard about DT (Huon) was that he was transport manager at Ritchies and that one day Richardsons , without preamble suddenly decided to call it a day, there seems to be some confusion over who bought the name `Richardsons Hull Transport, some say IJ Blakey, they certainly, (Blakey), bought some of Ritchies trailers , i have a pic of one in their yard, however, DT went on to form Huon Transport, and when that folded he formed another company with a partner… ( that former partner is now an independant Caravan Transport operator out of Hull) … called either TODO or TODON HAULAGE
WALT WILDBORE out of Lee Smith Street in Hull ran for J.L.SEATON (John Love Seaton) and again you are right with Croda acquiring them, (Huon also muscled in on SEATONs, but i am told that when things became a little more competitive, he refused to drop his rates, so he lost out. There is a photo of a new motor belonging to Wildbore ( Albion LAD cab somewhereon here)
I have no idea who PMB were though, or LIONPORT, but thahnks for the other info

Very good images from a time long ago. Love the Link motors.

Don Thompson was a rogue and a charlatan who also ran a driving school from his house, totally useless as he let you drive, then read a paragraph out of Roadcraft to you. I did two saturday lessons and told him to stuff it. I went onto RTITB Training for Industry on Springfield Way for my class one and both CPC although I did do those by home study.

I am not sure how TODON came about, as the last owner was called Tony, but a friendly enquiry suggested it could have been Tom Wilkinson and Don Thompson originally :bulb:

(SEG) Stuart Esplen and Greenhough were in Wincolmlee

Wheel Nut:

Don Thompson* was a rogue and a charlatan who also ran a driving school from his house, totally useless as he let you drive, then read a paragraph out of Roadcraft to you. I did two saturday lessons and told him to stuff it. I went onto RTITB Training for Industry on Springfield Way for my class one and both CPC although I did do those by home study.

I am not sure how TODON came about, as the last owner was called Tony, but a friendly enquiry suggested it could have been Tom Wilkinson and Don Thompson originally :bulb:

Again , i think you could be right about TODON, my mate insists that he and D/T * started up as TODO, have you heard of them, i asked if he had any pics, said he would have a rummage when he had time.
This Tom or Tony Wilkinson, did he previously drive for Eltheringtons the Aluminum firm, and at one time a Cement Mixer??
Was down Wincolmlee the other day, passed by Sam Allons place,spoke to the office manager, very friendly, i was surprised to find that they had been around since 1920!!! In the 1960s and 70s they were running a fleet on carrying general/

billheads:

Wheel Nut:

Don Thompson* was a rogue and a charlatan who also ran a driving school from his house, totally useless as he let you drive, then read a paragraph out of Roadcraft to you. I did two saturday lessons and told him to stuff it. I went onto RTITB Training for Industry on Springfield Way for my class one and both CPC although I did do those by home study.

Again , i think you could be right about TODON, my mate insists that he and D/T * started up as TODO, have you heard of them, i asked if he had any pics, said he would have a rummage when he had time.
This Tom or Tony Wilkinson, did he previously drive for Eltheringtons the Aluminum firm, and at one time a Cement Mixer??
Was down Wincolmlee the other day, passed by Sam Allons place,spoke to the office manager, very friendly, i was surprised to find that they had been around since 1920!!! In the 1960s and 70s they were running a fleet on carrying general/

The reason I mention Tom Wilkinson was that me and an old mate were trying to trace his father. He knew his name was tom and he had some money in a haulage business, he also ran a large landscape gardening company. Don Thompson was probably the brains behind the transport side. But in later years Todon was run by one man called Tony Davison. I know Tony quite well, but we never got the full story about Tom, my mate is now dead and never did meet his father. :frowning:

Is Don Thompson still around?

Wheel Nut:

billheads:

Wheel Nut:

The reason I mention Tom Wilkinson was that me and an old mate were trying to trace his father. He knew his name was tom and he had some money in a haulage business, he also ran a large landscape gardening company. Don Thompson was probably the brains behind the transport side. But in later years Todon was run by one man called Tony Davison. I know Tony quite well, but we never got the full story about Tom, my mate is now dead and never did meet his father. :frowning:

Is Don Thompson still around?

Iam not sure wheelnut…am going to give my mate a call tomorrow and find out more about the TODO HAULAGE, will let you Know

Interesting about the SEG-liveried ERF - it was Rowntree’s? I’d thought that SEG was a subsidiary of Henry Diaper in Liverpool.

Administrative history:
Incorporated 21 Apr 1954 as Valley Transport Co Ltd. Renamed S.E.G (Warehousing and Distribution) Ltd, 22 Jun 1977. Acquired by Rowntree 1963.

Another Rowntree owned transport operator

Administrative history:
Incorporated 14 Jul 1953 as Contract (Motor Hire) Ltd, a subsidiary of Rowntree and Co. Renamed N.M.U. (1953), 3 Jan 1955. Renamed NMU Transport Ltd 4 Jan 1971. Renamed Rowntree Mackintosh Distribution Ltd 4 Dec 1986.

Wheel Nut:

Administrative history:
Incorporated 21 Apr 1954 as Valley Transport Co Ltd. Renamed S.E.G (Warehousing and Distribution) Ltd, 22 Jun 1977. Acquired by Rowntree 1963.

OK. I’m convinced! Thanks very much for the info.

240 Gardner:

Wheel Nut:

Administrative history:

OK. I’m convinced! Thanks very much for the info.

Wheelnut ; in response to our earlier postings about DonThompson and ref TODON TRANSPORT, my friend Tom Barrett assures me that Don Thompson was not involved with TODON, but, after the demise of HUON HAULAGE, Tom Barrett and Don Thompsson formed Todo Transport initially starting with a nightly London Trunk Service. I have included a pic of part of the curtain of an old Todo lorry (scrapper) which lies in his yard.