Some more hull outfits

billheads:

240 Gardner:

Wheel Nut:

Administrative history:
Incorporated 21 Apr 1954 as Valley Transport Co Ltd. Renamed S.E.G (Warehousing and Distribution) Ltd, 22 Jun 1977. Acquired by Rowntree 1963.

OK. I’m convinced! Thanks very much for the info.

Wheelnut ; in response to our earlier postings about DonThompson and ref TODON TRANSPORT, my friend Tom Barrett assures me that Don Thompson was not involved with TODON, but, after the demise of HUON HAULAGE, Tom Barrett and Don Thompsson formed Todo Transport initially starting with a nightly London Trunk Service. I have included a pic of part of the curtain of an old Todo lorry (scrapper) which lies in his yard.

I am pleased about that. Tony D is a nice guy as is his son Chris, I would have been disappointed to hear that he was mixed up with Don Thompson.

To.Do. rings a bell but I didn’t think Huon or them would still be running, he must be in his eighties

Wheel Nut:

billheads:

240 Gardner:

Wheel Nut:

Administrative history:
Incorporated 21 Apr 1954 as Valley Transport Co Ltd. Renamed S.E.G (Warehousing and Distribution) Ltd, 22 Jun 1977. Acquired by Rowntree 1963.

OK. I’m convinced! Thanks very much for the info.

Wheelnut ; in response to our earlier postings about DonThompson and ref TODON TRANSPORT, my friend Tom Barrett assures me that Don Thompson was not involved with TODON, but, after the demise of HUON HAULAGE, Tom Barrett and Don Thompsson formed Todo Transport initially starting with a nightly London Trunk Service. I have included a pic of part of the curtain of an old Todo lorry (scrapper) which lies in his yard.

I am pleased about that. Tony D is a nice guy as is his son Chris, I would have been disappointed to hear that he was mixed up with Don Thompson.

To.Do. rings a bell but I didn’t think Huon or them would still be running, he must be in his eighties

:smiley: …Quite right, apparrently D/T handed over HUON to his Son, …after the demise of Huon Haulage…D/T and Tom Barrett started Todo Transport…i am to believe it ran for about 4/5 years before they wrapped up…Todo Transport is now T.BARRETT &SON Caravan Transport

Great photos and info of Hull hauliers,most of whom I remember from the 60s and 70s.I’m guessing that S E G was Stewart Eslpin and Greenhough or summat like that,and IIRC their yard was at Wincomlee.The photos of Premier Oil and Cake Mills’ AEC MK3 and MK5 are crackers. You could see most Hull based motors at the Woodside cafe at Rawcliffe,particularly John Formans who must have had an office there. :laughing: :laughing:

Chris Webb:
Great photos and info of Hull hauliers,most of whom I remember from the 60s and 70s.I’m guessing that S E G was Stewart Eslpin and Greenhough or summat like that,and IIRC their yard was at Wincomlee.The photos of Premier Oil and Cake Mills’ AEC MK3 and MK5 are crackers. You could see most Hull based motors at the Woodside cafe at Rawcliffe,particularly John Formans who must have had an office there. :laughing: :laughing:

Yes; ESPLEN.

A couple of T,Barrett lorries (of recent) & Others

INOVATE.jpg

DRAPER.jpg

HATFIELD.jpg

D&P.jpg

J WALES  & BAA179.jpg

Is Tom Barrett in Priestmans old yard? My mate ran City Plant and City Transport and were doing caravans, not sure what happened, he has probably retired now.

I have just found another picture of a British Cocoa motor, an old F10. Will load it on tomorrow

Think Blakeys deffinataly bought the Richardson name because they ran brand new motors in thart liverey from 1982

My grandad worked for Blakeys and i remember pulling into the yard one day and seeing some Richardson F88s lined up and i was praying that he got one lol

You got any more pics of Blakeys or Tozers?

The Chapman Shields photos are not mine, but I saved the picture of Ken Young to send to his family.

I do own the Cocoa Mills photo but it is a crap picture.

Ken Young Chapman Shields 1975.jpg

Chapman Shields Abbey St Hull 1975.jpg

chapman shields.jpg

Wheel Nut:
Is Tom Barrett in Priestmans old yard? My mate ran City Plant and City Transport and were doing caravans, not sure what happened, he has probably retired now.

Them Chappie Shields pics are great!!

I have just found another picture of a British Cocoa motor, an old F10. Will load it on tomorrow

"TOM BARRETT is on Tower House Lane just past Priestmans, he is in the old WARDS yard ( Wards ran Coaches) D&P are more or less next to him…see the pic of the old Hull and Glasgow depot below, has had another makeover since, is now a Wedding Dress etc establishement. Was built pre-war for Holdsworth & Burrill/Holdsworth & Hanson, then a BRS Garage before Hull & Glasgow Road Carriers took it over (Mr Dunne) later Falkinghams acquired H&G.

HFT 2.jpg

HFT 1.jpg

JonB1973:
Think Blakeys deffinataly bought the Richardson name because they ran brand new motors in thart liverey from 1982

My grandad worked for Blakeys and i remember pulling into the yard one day and seeing some Richardson F88s lined up and i was praying that he got one lol

You got any more pics of Blakeys or Tozers?

1 will see what i can dig out, have more Tozers i am sure

Her you are Jonb 2/3 for your scrapbook

RD YARD 2202 Correction.jpg

More great pics mate, My grandad worked for Robertson Dales on them Leyland artics, id heard Blakey was transport manager and when he set up on his own my grandad went with him :grimacing:

Always remember tozers having a nice fleet, you got any pics of Blakeys old yard?

A couple based in hull

some great stuff appearing there, especially the B&W photos. I never knew of a tie up between Link and Wilkinson. I presume that is the Wilkinson in Thomas Boags yard.

A mate sent me these after getting me very drunk earlier this week

Remember Tower Express

Steve Gardener parked in Chalons.

Wheel Nut:

Thats my old drive Malc, it was bought for me by an old boss, do you know where its based nowadays, and what its doing workwise?
Original reg is AR51 XET, bought new from Niel Jarrold at Attleborough Norfolk, imported from Austria, it had the Classic spec interior, but not the big lockers, then my boss got a good deal on a set of big lockers from Scania dealer in Stowmarket and had them fitted, its my microwave in there!
Boss (who bought it new)sold it (as it was doing tilts from Felixstowe and was frequently overloaded on the drive axle)to another bloke i worked for a few years later,(S.M. Parris) it was running mainly to Holland and back, with a few trips to Germany Italy and Spain thrown in, it then got sold (as Parris was doing more UK container haulage and wanted a 6 wheeler) to, i imagine, to the current owner.
Bloody good motor it was. Shame it never had the stickers taken off and had any TLC given to it like i used to!

kindle530:

Wheel Nut:

Thats my old drive Malc, it was bought for me by an old boss, do you know where its based nowadays, and what its doing workwise?
Original reg is AR51 XET, bought new from Niel Jarrold at Attleborough Norfolk, imported from Austria, it had the Classic spec interior, but not the big lockers, then my boss got a good deal on a set of big lockers from Scania dealer in Stowmarket and had them fitted, its my microwave in there!
Boss (who bought it new)sold it (as it was doing tilts from Felixstowe and was frequently overloaded on the drive axle)to another bloke i worked for a few years later,(S.M. Parris) it was running mainly to Holland and back, with a few trips to Germany Italy and Spain thrown in, it then got sold (as Parris was doing more UK container haulage and wanted a 6 wheeler) to, i imagine, to the current owner.
Bloody good motor it was. Shame it never had the stickers taken off and had any TLC given to it like i used to!

Maybe not yet, but it will soon look the part as he lives and breathes V8’s He does everything with it and rang me today from Ramstein.

He will read your comments when he gets home and will probably welcome the information. The FH16 and the other V8 530 were his too.

Copyright. Youngest V8 Fan :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

Is this the same chap :question: Looks like Scania is exHeros
youtube.com/watch?v=E_R2g9nww7w

niall2011:

Wheel Nut:

Is this the same chap :question: Looks like Scania is exHeros

The maroon Scania and the N&B FH were probably the only RHD trucks he has had, his first one was a LHD VW LT with a tilt body.

Wheel Nut:
some great stuff appearing there, especially the B&W photos. I never knew of a tie up between Link and Wilkinson. I presume that is the Wilkinson in Thomas Boags yard.

Yep, Thomas Boags yard Stoneferry Road Hull

Hi Bill,a friend of mine over here in the IOM was a salesman for Priestmans,north of England and Scotland area,and all their urgent Scottish spares requirements went on Falkinghams(Hull and Glasgow) trunks,never got let down he said.
Have you any photos of Wakes?

Chris