Some Brickies !

Searching through the shoe-box a few days ago, came across this one, taken at London Brick’s transport depot in Peterborough.

Apparently, that’s me sat in it.

IMG_0017.jpgShoe boxes,thats jogged the old memory files.Just been looking through mine and found some I took with my first box brownie.
Here’s an old S.Cooke Comet No 11 DNU 220 loaded with breeze blocks ex Haddon Concrete Staveley.
Would’nt keep the brickies going long with this load.Taken around 58/59 at the top of Cromford Hill
The late Alwyn Pattila drove this and he had just parked up for the day.That road now leads into the bottom car park at Black Rocks.

lemonmouth:
Borderer - It’s been a good few years but I’m sure George Armitage’s main works was Howden near Leeds :confused: If I remember you had to run up a hill between a row of cottages and the works was on the top of the hill.
This Baggeridge Guy might bring back a few memories :wink:

Can you post the photo again cannot view on photobucket.com ? Great to see this truck again.

It would be great see photos of the Baggeridge brick Big J Guy having problems viewing it photobucket can you post it again?

Can any help ?would like to see picture of baggeridge Bj 6 guy posted by lemonmouth on photobucket but can not view it 0n this web site .

paulsim:
Can any help ?would like to see picture of baggeridge Bj 6 guy posted by lemonmouth on photobucket but can not view it 0n this web site .

Hows this :wink:

lemonmouth:

paulsim:

Hows this :wink:

Lemon GREAT photo thanks for that. used to load these out of the Kingsbury site over twenty years ago.Do you know anyone who has photos of the four wheeler Commer cv,s Baggeridge used to run .

These any good Paulsim :smiley:

Trev.

lemonmouth:

Trev.

Yes great thanks again.

Gilbraith Haulage had the contract to carry Nori bricks Accrington.

paulsim:

lemonmouth:

Trev.

Yes great thanks again.Could i be cheeky and ask any of the more modern commers with Hiabs on having some models made once again thanks.

Sorry Paulsim, they are the only Baggeridge photo’s I have, hopefully someone else will come up with something, :wink:

Thanks again . :slight_smile:

paulsim:
Thanks again . :slight_smile:

Is there any members with photos of the four wheeler commers with hiabs on that Baggeridge used to run ? .

Bonk have you any Joe Swinglehurst pics

6 Pullman.jpg

4 Swinglehursts.jpg

All taken by McGinty.

Thanks Kel they’re crackin:-
B844 TBA was the first motor I drove after my test, I passed on the Tuesday and got a job with Joe on the Friday, he took me for a test drive in TBA upto Housley and back (I was ■■■■ and thought he was gonna change his mind) this motor was Eric Suttons at the time but the trailer on the pic was normally behind a yellow (Boral Edenhall colours) A reg6x2 MAN which I went to Plymouth in on the following Monday.
E739 KRE was Mick Hargreaves from new and was the first truck we’d seen with a twin splitter in.
C288 WRE at the time was John Muirs this was the 1st 8 wheeler I’d driven on my 2nd day I did a Grantham with John.
D273WCH was John Wordsworths and was well ahead of its time when there was still loads of Rievers about. Joe had a fondness for his MANs’

Not many years later John Muir, Mick Hargreaves, John Wordsworth and myself all ended up together as Tarmac o/d’s and Eric Sutton went o/d with his crane.

Found this one whilst having a browse.

VOLVO F86.jpg
I wonder how many F86’s LBC operated?

A few photos here, courtesy of LBCSteve, who can be found on Flickr.

CRANES.jpg

images.jpg

featured2.jpg