Solidarity

bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50862119

As much as we call ee drivers and as much as we call other religions and faiths they all. Stand.by each other.
Unlike us English.
That would never happen here

Nice story is that. :sunglasses:
There are a lot of good people still.around after all,… and tbh (contrary to a lot of predjudicial bad feeling on here :unamused: ,) …any dealings I’ve ever had with Polish people, both over here and in Poland, I’ve found them to be ok,.and polite.

I bet that guy finds a difference with the DAF to his 30 year old truck eh?..What is it an International,.a Kenworth?
It’ll be like getting out of a 60s Ford Cortina into a modern Focus or whatever. :smiley:

Perhaps…

Ray White could crowd-fund his way home too?

Lorry drivers should be brothers in arms no matter where they hail from, in the UK we can’t even oblige one another at a motorway sodding slip road :unamused:

Wonder if the new Daf will still be plodding around only to finally give up in 30 year’s time :wink:

Juddian:
Lorry drivers should be brothers in arms no matter where they hail from, in the UK we can’t even oblige one another at a motorway sodding slip

Exactly .
here were all.out for each other.
How many times do we see ee drivers struggling to reverse onto a bay or what ever and we just sit there waitong impatiently.
Instead off getting out being a banksman or stopping traffic

If and .ee driver sees an ee driver struggling some will get out and help.
Where as us English seems be a case of wait n wait beep your horn maybe film it for YouTube.
Kind of sad In a way really. But that’s the modern world we live in. Everyone for themselves

edd1974:

Juddian:
Lorry drivers should be brothers in arms no matter where they hail from, in the UK we can’t even oblige one another at a motorway sodding slip

Exactly .
here were all.out for each other.
How many times do we see ee drivers struggling to reverse onto a bay or what ever and we just sit there waitong impatiently.
Instead off getting out being a banksman or stopping traffic

If and .ee driver sees an ee driver struggling some will get out and help.
Where as us English seems be a case of wait n wait beep your horn maybe film it for YouTube.
Kind of sad In a way really. But that’s the modern world we live in. Everyone for themselves

Not everybody though, thankfully, there are still a lot of proper drivers left, old and new.
Don’t let the arse holes who are among us become the majority. :bulb:

edd1974:
As much as we call ee drivers and as much as we call other religions and faiths they all. Stand.by each other.
Unlike us English.

What about those that raised money for the Polish driver murdered by a terrorist a couple of years ago? What about the drivers who’ve posted on here that they’ve taken food and drink to foreign drivers parked up in the UK over Christmas, or the one that was broken down on the A11 a year of so ago and once somebody on here realised they’d been parked there for a bit longer than normal, stopped and asked if they wanted a few supplies?
And no doubt many other Small acts of kindness going unnoticed, even if its just helping with directions, but none the less showing solidarity and understanding of other doing the same job, yes we have our fair share of knobbers who seem to blame EE drivers for all the problems, but most know they’re just people doing a job, it’s the system that’s at fault.

muckles:

edd1974:
Unlike us English.

What about those that raised money for the Polish driver murdered by a terrorist a couple of years ago? What the drivers who’ve posted on here that they’ve taken food and drink to foreign drivers parked up in the UK over Christmas, or the one that was broken down on the A11 a year of so ago and once somebody on here realised they’d been parked there for a bit longer than normal, stopped and asked if they wanted a few supplies?
And no doubt many other Small acts of kindness going unnoticed, even if its just helping with directions, but none the less showing solidarity and understanding of other doing the same job, yes we have our fair share of knobbers who seem to blame EE drivers for all the problems, but most know they’re just people doing a job, it’s the system that’s at fault.

Yep, a few years ago there was a Romanian driver parked up in the lay by on my local by pass day before Christmas eve ffs. :open_mouth:
It was either Christmas day or Boxing Day the Mrs made up a box of sandwiches mince pies, cake and the like, and a couple of bottles of beer, and me and the boy took it down to him in the car
His English was as bad as my Romanian :smiley: , but he got the idea that I was a driver myself,.and he couldn’t thank me enough.
I just felt sorry for the poor sod.
I’m just a trucking based angel of mercy. :sunglasses: :smiley:

robroy:

muckles:

edd1974:
Unlike us English.

What about those that raised money for the Polish driver murdered by a terrorist a couple of years ago? What the drivers who’ve posted on here that they’ve taken food and drink to foreign drivers parked up in the UK over Christmas, or the one that was broken down on the A11 a year of so ago and once somebody on here realised they’d been parked there for a bit longer than normal, stopped and asked if they wanted a few supplies?

Yep, a few years ago there was a Romanian driver parked up in the lay by on my local by pass day before Christmas eve ffs. :open_mouth:
It was either Christmas day or Boxing Day the Mrs made up a box of sandwiches mince pies, cake and the like, and a couple of bottles of beer, and me and the boy took it down to him in the car
His English was as bad as my Romanian :smiley: , but he got the idea that I was a driver myself,.and he couldn’t thank me enough.
I just felt sorry for the poor sod.
I’m just a trucking based angel of mercy. :sunglasses: :smiley:

When are they going to make you Archbishop of Canterbury, must be long overdue? :laughing:

Also I forgot to say after my rant, I’m really impressed by the generosity shown to him, far more good people around than we’re often lead to beleive.

Juddian:
Lorry drivers should be brothers in arms no matter where they hail from, in the UK we can’t even oblige one another at a motorway sodding slip road :unamused:

Wonder if the new Daf will still be plodding around only to finally give up in 30 year’s time :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
nice story though i cant help thinking of alternative endings.

there was always the option of selling the truck/combo spares and repairs to some truckie anorak who likes a project?
the sumps lying on the ground so its a set of shells/pistons and liners job at least. ( i do hope he helped the environment friendly option of dumping the old oil down a handy drain).
as soon as its cash in hand,then hop a flight home to live like a king with £50k in the bank…

a driver is a driver and the old school camaraderie has almost gone in the uk.
its still prevalent in ireland north and south and still there in europe,but as far as the uk is concerned then the only sign of it is when someones pointing a camera at you instead of helping.
possibly they took pity on him and are trying to get him home again as he is the first one to arrive in poland thats had a genuine excuse for being there?
at least having broken down in europe it should get him accustomed to similar issues trying to make his way home in a daf.

DAF. have a dealership in Iran, work out how that gets round the import rules.

biggriffin:
DAF. have a dealership in Iran, work out how that gets round the import rules.

Doesn’t affect new vehicles.

Under Iranian law, only vehicles less than three years old can be imported, so the Polish fundraisers intend to buy a secondhand 2017 DAF XF 106 tractor unit

:bulb: Could be a way of getting shot of the odd Actros here and there…

Flog the new wagon when he gets home and then use some of the money to bring the old one back and put a new N14 in it.That would probably work out cheaper and easier than paying the depreciation and maintenance costs of the replacement. :smiling_imp: :smiley:

I get out and help keep eye out when it is tight for another driver ( stuff the rule about …driver must not leave cab ect ect )if there is a problem with that we sort it out later… :imp:

My merc craptros threw its toys out of the pram last week, and refused to start Sunday morning in J26 truckstop… 0400, ready to run back towards home…

Luckily, the Polish driver next to me had not only a set of jump leads, he also didnt mind getting out and giving me a jumpstart. The fact that he didnt speak any English, and I dont speak any Polish, was no barrier to two drivers getting the job done.

the nodding donkey:
My merc craptros threw its toys out of the pram last week, and refused to start Sunday morning in J26 truckstop… 0400, ready to run back towards home…

Luckily, the Polish driver next to me had not only a set of jump leads, he also didnt mind getting out and giving me a jumpstart. The fact that he didnt speak any English, and I dont speak any Polish, was no barrier to two drivers getting the job done.

Typical bloody foreigner!
Taking work away from UK breakdown services.

There are probably several reasons why apart from bad manners as to why UK drivers are reluctant to help, they don’t have the knowledge or know how when it comes to mechanical problems and now so used to ringing the office for the slightest problem that it is of no concern to them how to fix minor faults and in all likelihood they don’t have any basic tools with them and so are unable to help anyway. So rather than show a lack of knowledge they just show a high level of ignorance maybe that is less embarrassing.

The money firms waste on needless callouts is huge, a callout at the weekend to jump start a fridge won’t leave you much out £500 how many sets of jump leads could you buy for that? Once you’ve done it a couple of times you can have a wheel changed and be on your way long before the tyre fitter has even turned up. I know that with “logistics firms” you aren’t allowed to do any self help but that is why they have the name logistics and not transport in their title.

Mazzer2:
Once you’ve done it a couple of times you can have a wheel changed and be on your way long before the tyre fitter has even turned up.

Struggle to get a 45 in if it goes smooth…

:smiley: