So you dont want to pay for a Truck Satnav?

I have been using a new App called ‘Truck Route UK’ It checks your route using Google Maps for Ht/Wt restrictions after you enter your parameters.
I use it to check the route that my Car Satnav picks and its only £5 instead of £400. You can set it to display restrictions up to 30Km from your chosen route and edit accordingly. It is NOT a SatNav but a route checker and is UK ONLY at present. Hope this helps somebody. ps. I have no connection to the developers, just trying to help.

How good is it ? Does it miss any bridges ?

viking7000:
its only £5 instead of £400.

I think that’s a teeny bit disingenuous, as the retail price of a proper truck satnav from one of the major makers is £270, and you’d have to add the cost of a car satnav (£80-£100) to your £5 anyway.

I can see it would be good for someone doing trunking ect but those who like me do 10-15 drops a day in city centres/villages/anywhere it would take forever to plan routes around this.
Tbh I have drive a artic for 10 years just using a car Tomtom which cost £80 and added low bridges as POI’s and done ok.
Good find though

It must be old age, but I can’t seem to remember how I managed to get around and occasionally find places, without hitting bridges and getting stuck in country lanes, before they invented the Satnav…

How did anything ever get delivered?

Satnav. £250+
Phillips Trucker Road atlas. £20

[at the next roundabout, take the fourth exit]

I dont know if it misses any bridges as far as I know some guy has got a truckers atlas and added all the bridges and wt limits to the app. I would imagine a lot of people already have a car sat nav or nav app Raymondo. 5 quid is less than a 20 quid road atlas, and it saves trees.
I dont know how anything got delivered either years ago, what with all the strikes, breakdowns, no power stearing, no night heaters, no windsreen no brakes etc etc.
At least you had room to park up at night for your 3 hour sleep on the plank accross the doors.

fdm:
It must be old age, but I can’t seem to remember how I managed to get around and occasionally find places, without hitting bridges and getting stuck in country lanes, before they invented the Satnav…

Satnav. £250+

It must be old age…
It must also be your age that fails to make you see how much your post contradicts yourself…,a sat nav is a aid to help you,much the same as a map is an aid to help you.
You used a map as an aid the same as most now use a sat nav as an aid.
The irony of someone saying “I don’t need a sat nav because I’m the most brilliantest driver ever” and then they whip out a map to see how to get somewhere is crazy.

ckm1981:
The irony of someone saying “I don’t need a sat nav because I’m the most brilliantest driver ever” and then they whip out a map to see how to get somewhere is crazy.

Agree totally.

I imagine that the same people drive their 1962 Hillman Imp home, settle down to watch their 9 inch black and white tv and sometimes help their missus doing the weekly hand washing 'cos “this new fangled stuff is pointless”!

I remember the good old days when I used to kneel in front of my Videostar top loader with the TV times and spend the next hour and a half programming times to tape my favourite shows, now it’s done in a matter of seconds with a few presses of the remote ggrrrr and don’t get me started on series link !!! Bloody technoligical advancement winds me right up !!!

:grimacing:

ckm1981:

fdm:

Satnav. £250+

It must be old age…
It must also be your age that fails to make you see how much your post contradicts yourself…,a sat nav is a aid to help you,much the same as a map is an aid to help you.

Did i say anything against the Satnav (part from the cost)? Technology is great, and I use Google maps to get me to my destination, saves having to lug a box of local AtoZ around :wink: . But I don’t type in my destination and then listen for the next 4 hours telling me how to get from Southampton to Warrington…
And I check on the map for likely trouble spots, if I’m not familiar with a route.

My peeve is with those who just listen to re voice telling them where to turn, without having the faintest idea where they are, or where they’re going.

I don’t know about Satnav - but you’d need a time machine if you wanted to drive a 1962 Imp - They didn’t start making them until 1963 [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Roymondo:
I don’t know about Satnav - but you’d need a time machine if you wanted to drive a 1962 Imp - They didn’t start making them until 1963 [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Never let the facts get in the way of a good put down.

Roymondo:

It’s a fair cop guv. You got me bang to rights there Roymondo, my whole post was based on a fabrication. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Society is to blame, an early arrest is not anticipated…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I started using a car sat nav a few weeks back,never thought I’d have one.Very handy for the last 1/2 mile or so.Still use my Phillips Truck Atlas to check for bridges and weight limits.

Weight limits?

(ex bulkfarm driver… B-) :-SS )

fdm:

ckm1981:

fdm:

Satnav. £250+

It must be old age…

Did i say anything against the Satnav (part from the cost)? Technology is great, and I use Google maps to get me to my destination, saves having to lug a box of local AtoZ around :wink: . But I don’t type in my destination and then listen for the next 4 hours telling me how to get from Southampton to Warrington…
And I check on the map for likely trouble spots, if I’m not familiar with a route.

My peeve is with those who just listen to re voice telling them where to turn, without having the faintest idea where they are, or where they’re going.

I’m with you on this subject, Google maps and a road atlas, and a London street map, that’s all I carry, you’d be surprised how many times when I google a new address to me, I find that its close to some where I know well enough :wink:

viking7000:
I dont know if it misses any bridges as far as I know some guy has got a truckers atlas and added all the bridges and wt limits to the app. I would imagine a lot of people already have a car sat nav or nav app Raymondo. 5 quid is less than a 20 quid road atlas, and it saves trees.
I dont know how anything got delivered either years ago, what with all the strikes, breakdowns, no power stearing, no night heaters, no windsreen no brakes etc etc.
At least you had room to park up at night for your 3 hour sleep on the plank accross the doors.

ahhhhhhhhhhh,the good old days,when men were men,and sheep were nervous,and you only had to use your brain,and read a road sign that said …low bridge…then fekoff in the other direction. that’s how stuff got delivered.(my plank only reached across halfway to the engine hump).

Roymondo:

viking7000:
its only £5 instead of £400.

I think that’s a teeny bit disingenuous, as the retail price of a proper truck satnav from one of the major makers is £270, and you’d have to add the cost of a car satnav (£80-£100) to your £5 anyway.

If its an App it may be Phone or Tablet