So who is going to comply

This has been touched on in the other threads already.
It’s going to happen, shelves in shops are empty so the drivers hours rules are going to be relaxed, they’re getting desperate, so I’ll put a months wage on it.

So basically what you could be going to get nicked for this week, with the addition of being looked upon as being a totally irresponsible dangerous and ultimately unsafe driver, and carnage risking, thundering juggernaut driving, public enemy,… (or breaking the drivers hours rules) is going to be suddenly and miraculously as if by magic, now deemed acceptable and 100% safe :open_mouth: …with no risk of even running over a bunny rabbit or a fluffy kitten, …because it suits THEM as they are running out of those bog rolls and beans. :unamused: .

So what’s your take on it?

Is it …

''Bring it on, 90hours? Think of my brilliant wage at 10 quid an hour right through"

Or is it …

‘‘They can go and ■■■■ themselves, it’s a matter of principle,…ie, you can’t just move the goalposts with all the ■■■■ going over your time usually brings, when they’ve drummed it into us that it is ‘‘dangerous’’ then just change their policy and opinion when it suits’’.

I’ve said before on the other thread, imo …if you comply to this you’re a ■■■■ mug. :bulb:

Also on a side note… think what we could achieve by using this crisis to our advantage, :bulb:
Ok, some would say that is immoral, but when the boot is on the other foot, there are no scruples to shaft US, and turn US over! :imp:
I could say we should all stick together, but I may as well say we should all change our ■■■■■■■■■, the chances are about equal. :unamused:

Option 2
The rules which were in place when I passed my test which ain’t changed for 14 years since they stopped the 3 15 min breaks and changed to 1 15min and 1 30min

And ZB the establishment
Sent from my warehouse of bog roll

Not going to change a thing for me, i’ll work at my pace and me normal hours which vary from 7 to 12 hour shifts depending on the run, only once in a blue moon will the heady heights of a 14 hour day be reached and that’s when summat’s gone badly wrong.

Not interested what some pen pusher resplendent in pointy shoes tells me is ok or not ok to suit their agenda of the moment, i know what’s a decent working day and when i’ve done enough i’m buggering off home.

Or… the real risk isn’t empty shelves.
It’s employee and driver sickness.
I wonder how many class 1s the army currently has?

I suspect you’ll see them used before drivers hours are relaxed…but I dont see this as the time for collective action.

Perhaps play the hero…then push for the rewards?

Good publicity always looks better than being perceived as playing the ■■■■ - which is precisely how it would be perceived.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I don’t do shop deliveries etc. . But if did I’d not do it. Stuck to hours as there are now

I don’t do shop deliveries etc. . But if did I’d not do it. Stuck to hours as there are now

i’m with ya rob(or is it red robbo :wink: ) i wil carry on doing my 2 days a week total hours 14 in their vw caddy and ■■■■ the rest of them :laughing:

that is what happened in The Coal Strike…iirc. …as our depot delivers ‘housewears’,my job could be in danger :frowning: not a lot of goods arriving from China,and we don’t sell bog rolls or beans. worrying times.

Juddian:
Not going to change a thing for me, i’ll work at my pace and me normal hours which vary from 7 to 12 hour shifts depending on the run, only once in a blue moon will the heady heights of a 14 hour day be reached and that’s when summat’s gone badly wrong.

Not interested what some pen pusher resplendent in pointy shoes tells me is ok or not ok to suit their agenda of the moment, i know what’s a decent working day and when i’ve done enough i’m buggering off home.

Gets my vote. You can bet your home that when pointy shoes is telling you that the 20hrs he wants you to do is all OK that come 5pm he’ll be going home at his normal finishing time and not doing a minute extra.

Unfortunately this whole crisis has come at the wrong time for me, and as such, I’ve got far too much other stuff on to be doing any overtime. Shame really, I might have done the odd day here and there otherwise

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

thousands and thousands is the answer to that.

a licence is one thing,driving a modern day lorry is another… :exclamation:

Monkey241:

Perhaps play the hero…then push for the rewards?

Good publicity always looks better than being perceived as playing the [zb] - which is precisely how it would be perceived.

Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs. - Joseph Stalin

All the supermarkets need to do is concentrate on the essentials, rather than filling their vehicles with fizzy pop and other non-essentials like clothes etc, this would reduce the number of deliveries and counter the 20% drop in employees that is being forecast.

Also many of us have witnessed the inefficient planning that happens in retail deliveries and the lack of common sense applied by the pointy shoe management who will hopefully be working from home.

jakethesnake:

thousands and thousands is the answer to that.

More of a rhetorical question [emoji6]

Sixties boy:
All the supermarkets need to do is concentrate on the essentials, rather than filling their vehicles with fizzy pop and other non-essentials like clothes etc, this would reduce the number of deliveries and counter the 20% drop in employees that is being forecast.

Also many of us have witnessed the inefficient planning that happens in retail deliveries and the lack of common sense applied by the pointy shoe management who will hopefully be working from home.

This. We have plenty bog roll in our warehouse, more being delivered every day. Last night I took a trailer into store that had 3 pallets of decorative stone, a pallet of trampolines, a pallet of BBQ’s and a pallet of self lighting charcoal, had spaces left too. hey ho its all overtime for me :smiley:

I’ll do it ,what ever it is if there’s money involved I’am ready :smiley:

Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs -Stalin.

Not really someone I’ve ever thought of taking life advice from, to be fair.

Each to his own …

Been offered a lot of store delivery work through a company for asda and i’m doing it today and tomorrow, they’re obviously trying to keep shops stocked up due to ■■■■■■■■■ buying pallets of bog roll at a time. Personally i won’t be going over the normal hours even if im allowed/encouraged to. I thought they were in place for road safety or did i get the wrong end of the stick?

Also love how they are talking about it for supermarket drivers when i’ve had enough after one store delivery, never mind maxing out my hours and some on top of that.

m.a.n rules:
a licence is one thing,driving a modern day lorry is another… :exclamation:

Mmmmm. Yes its easier than its ever been