So who is going to comply

I don’t think it will come to it.

But theres enough ■■■■■■■ idiots on £9 per hour at Longs of Leeds, Shipley Transport, PD Bannister, Gee’s of Wakefield, A Davies, CM Downton, Eddie Stobart, Jack Richards (you can add your own) that will be rubbing their hands at getting the chance of doing more than 84 hours in a week

m.a.n rules:
a licence is one thing,driving a modern day lorry is another… :exclamation:

Those Army lads will have been trained on Fodens, Roadtrains,.and (Oshkosh? ) tank transporters.
So I reckon a ‘car-like’ modern truck with an auto box will be a piece of ■■■■ in comparison.

Monkey241:
Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs -Stalin.

Not really someone I’ve ever thought of taking life advice from, to be fair.

Each to his own …

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

The public’s gratitude can be a very fickle thing indeed.

Jimmy McNulty:

But theres enough [zb] idiots on £9 per hour at Longs of Leeds, Shipley Transport, PD Bannister, Gee’s of Wakefield, A Davies, CM Downton, Eddie Stobart, Jack Richards (you can add your own) that will be rubbing their hands at getting the chance of doing more than 84 hours in a week

Hmmm…It’s a bit unfair to call all lads idiots who are on no choice regional wages, but I get your point that there will certainly be idiots among them who are willing to do this extra for the same rate, under the circumstances.

I deliver drugs,so if I’m able…I’ll do what I can.
Uncharted waters ahead…we may need to pull together.

MegaHips:
Been offered a lot of store delivery work through a company for asda and i’m doing it today and tomorrow, they’re obviously trying to keep shops stocked up due to [zb] buying pallets of bog roll at a time. Personally i won’t be going over the normal hours even if im allowed/encouraged to. I thought they were in place for road safety or did i get the wrong end of the stick?

Also love how they are talking about it for supermarket drivers when i’ve had enough after one store delivery, never mind maxing out my hours and some on top of that.

You wont be asked or encouraged to go over and if when your card is downloaded you have done you wont be asked back. Anyhow, I believe that our contractors are paid day rate, so no incentive to go over.

Monkey241:
Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs -Stalin.

Not really someone I’ve ever thought of taking life advice from, to be fair.

Each to his own …

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Indeed, a rather worrying thing to quote when you realise just how many millions he had murdered…I am not saying that humans don`t need murdering, but I would rather the virus did it. :laughing:

That’s coz you’re an ■■■■

There are thousands of drivers/trucks not busy from the container industry , events companies and the like who can step up and work for supermarkets…to keep us all fed.
The 100 hr week won’t happen lads. Let’s face it restaurant deliveries will soon stop if Boris shuts all the restaurants , and them lads are real grafters on multidrops!

Yeah but…a lot of us will be out of action for a couple of weeks

I reckon things will turn uncomfortable

robroy:

Jimmy McNulty:

But theres enough [zb] idiots on £9 per hour at Longs of Leeds, Shipley Transport, PD Bannister, Gee’s of Wakefield, A Davies, CM Downton, Eddie Stobart, Jack Richards (you can add your own) that will be rubbing their hands at getting the chance of doing more than 84 hours in a week

Hmmm…It’s a bit unfair to call all lads idiots who are on no choice regional wages, but I get your point that there will certainly be idiots among them who are willing to do this extra for the same rate, under the circumstances.

There is a choice Rob in this part of the world, or any for that matter.

I can understand it if they are taking £9 per hour because it means no in cab cameras, corporate ■■■■■■■■ and all of that, and at the same time can afford to live from 50 hours at that rate but when you are taking those jobs with the idea that you are on good money at 600 take home because you have done 3 15’s, 2 13’s and ran in Saturday then there is a problem.

But there is always someone willing to do it.

Punchy Dan:
I’ll do it ,what ever it is if there’s money involved I’am ready :smiley:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
id be of a similar opinion though to be honest itl make no difference to me anyway as ive never given a toss about drivers hours other than having a card that looks ok on examination,hence if i do go out again itl be with total disregard to hours anyway and il work it to suit myself. :slight_smile:

We’ve got a bit of strife on here.
Stand up ffs.

commonrail:
We’ve got a bit of strife on here.
Stand up ffs.

That was part of my point, the honourable thing to do would be as you say, stand up, do your bit.
But what about the way we are looked upon usually, ie a necessary evil, not an asset to the economy and society in general. :unamused:
Look at how important essential stuff to us in our job is just conveniently and continuously ignored, year after year… chronic parking shortages for example, lack of facilities for us.
Pay and conditions on the whole, victimisation for pedantic stupid ■■■■ laws, pure money making cash cow regs, and all the rest of it…but hey, suddenly we are expected to be heroes.

Look, if push came to shove, and something dramatic came up (however unlikely) where I could actually save lives , I’d be in there with the rest, but I mean man ffs, is it JUST me who sees it like this? … it’s a bit rich expecting us to do anything over and above I reckon…and that’s without taking into consideration the ridiculous long hours we are allowed to work already :open_mouth:

robroy:
I could say we should all stick together, but I may as well say we should all change our ■■■■■■■■■, the chances are about equal. :unamused:

I’ve read to the most recent post on this thread, and there are some reasonably valid points, but the thought of sticking together just nails it.
Sticking together. . . . Ha Ha Ha

Sorry, I’ll express that a bit more clearly. . . . Sticking together . . . HA HA ■■■■■■■ HA!

dexxy57:

robroy:
I could say we should all stick together, but I may as well say we should all change our ■■■■■■■■■, the chances are about equal. :unamused:

I’ve read to the most recent post on this thread, and there are some reasonably valid points, but the thought of sticking together just nails it.
Sticking together. . . . Ha Ha Ha

Sorry, I’ll express that a bit more clearly. . . . Sticking together . . . HA HA [zb] HA!

I agree entirely.
What about changing your ■■■■■■■■■? :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

Well, same principal, if we’re all in it together . . .

What are the chances?

dexxy57:

robroy:

Well, same principal, if we’re all in it together . . .

What are the chances?

Ok, Saturday night, one whisky too many, I’m out of here.

Good luck with the Truck Drivers Union Rob. And I mean it sincerely with the ‘Good Luck’. If ever there were a bigger bunch of ‘I’m All Right Jacks’ then you and I have yet to discover them.

If it’s that bad why over work the existing driver pool.When there are retired like me who might be able to drive a truck for the last time under domestic hours regs using log books and waive the medical and DCPC also making special allowance for physical limitations.

commonrail:
Yeah but…a lot of us will be out of action for a couple of weeks

I reckon things will turn uncomfortable

It wont happen unless a person is physically incapable because “it’s just a cold” so people will selfishly soldier on.