So, what's your poison?

We all know that some of us here, prefer to drink foreign dish water ( :grimacing: hello Rob…), but for those with more discerning palates, what is your particular pleasure?

Can’t beat a good Scotch and some decent cheese.

Should’ve taken the picture before hitting the Scotch ND.

Foreign dishwasher? :open_mouth: How very dare you. :smiley:
Good old British John Smith’s, and Boddingtons for me. :sunglasses:
Oh yeh I forgot you’re Dutch :unamused: :smiley: …, but tbh I do like a bottle of Heineken when me and the Mrs are in Amsterdam, and the odd Grolsch, I’ll be more tactful than you though, wouldn’t dream of describing it as the same. :smiley:

It’s also true what they say about Guiness tasting better when drank in Ireland, don’t know why but a pint over there does taste different.
I also like American beer,…ok I’ll admit it,.I’ll drink anything. :blush: :smiley:
So basically I’m a confirmed beer man end of… :sunglasses:

Never been into spirits,.take them or leave them, me and a mate went through the entire bar optics on his stag do many years ago,.and I ended up in hospital bringing up blood, so that bad experience had an effect on me, although we did make pigs of ourselves tbf, so more me than the spirits. :blush:

Another mate introduced me to Baileys last Christmas,.they also do a Belgian chocolate one,.poured over a glass of ice is lovely, smooth and refreshing, drank through a straw, with an umbrella cocktail stick in the glass. :smiley:
God I sound like I drink ‘tart’s drinks’ now, :open_mouth: …I’ll need to man up later today, sit and and watch the football in my shorts with no shirt, drinking a can while burping loudly and breaking wind on the sofa to score back some ‘lad points’ :laughing: :laughing:

^^^^ you’ll be celebrating today bud, the other toon fan put on FB that they actually won a match or something recently.

^^^^ Really ^^^^

the maoster:
^^^^ you’ll be celebrating today bud, the other toon fan put on FB that they actually won a match or something recently.

Didn’t get to see it, (didn’t get back to 7pm yesterday :unamused: ) but got about a dozen texts telling me the score.
Had to happen sooner or later (after 11 games :blush: )
No point sacking Bruce, we need a takeover from that fat cockney ■■■■, then buy a strike partner for Wilson, (Carrol and our illustrious 40million centre forward :unamused: ain’t doing it) then build a new team around him and St Maximin.
There you go, got that off my chest, feel refreshed :smiley: … don’t want to hijack ND’s thread with my continuous football woes. :smiley:

Shipyard pale ale for me.
Funnily I, also like Rob, once had to go to hospital after drinking spirits and have avoided them since. The doctor gave me a “morning sickness” jab that they give to pregnent women to stop me throwing up as I was bringing blood up as well.
Lesson learned.

bundaberg-australia-apr-23-2019-600w-1393765886.jpg

robroy:
Oh yeh I forgot you’re Dutch :unamused: :smiley: …, but tbh I do like a bottle of Heineken when me and the Mrs are in Amsterdam, and the odd Grolsch, I’ll be more tactful than you though, wouldn’t dream of describing it as the same. :smiley:

It’s also true what they say about Guiness tasting better when drank in Ireland, don’t know why but a pint over there does taste different.
I also like American beer,…ok I’ll admit it,.I’ll drink anything. :blush: :smiley:

Never been into spirits,.take them or leave them, me and a mate went through the entire bar optics on his stag do many years ago,.and I ended up in hospital bringing up blood, so that bad experience had an effect on me, although we did make pigs of ourselves tbf, so more me than the spirits. :blush:

Another mate introduced me to Baileys last Christmas,.they also do a Belgian chocolate one,.poured over a glass of ice is lovely, smooth and refreshing, drank through a straw, with an umbrella cocktail stick in the glass. :smiley:
God I sound like I drink ‘tart’s drinks’ now, :open_mouth: …I’ll need to man up later today, sit and and watch the football in my shorts with no shirt, drinking a can while burping loudly and breaking wind on the sofa to score back some ‘lad points’ :laughing: :laughing:

Most of those drinks should be made illegal on quality grounds ,a bit like women over err a certain age shouldn’t be allowed to look young save twisting me neck when driving past ,they are a bit like that 1664 drink :laughing: time you started on real ale Rob being a proper man from these northern counties :laughing: :blush: :wink:

St. Miguel is my poison :smiley:

the maoster:
Should’ve taken the picture before hitting the Scotch ND.

Twas the cheese, hic, honest… :grimacing:

They actually do a Whisky cheese, very nice.

robroy:

:laughing: :laughing:

Heine… gheinnnnn… heiheiheinnnn…
That particularly foul concoction is not brewed, but they feed horses Grolsh, and bottle the horses urine…
(I have a swing top bottle tattooed on my arm… :blush: :grimacing: )

I can only drink Whisky, as I can sip it and enjoy a drop of different malts, whilst Rum or Vodka go down like lemonade, with predictable results… :open_mouth: :unamused:

so whats your poison?

that was a great song by alice cooper :slight_smile:

I’m partial to a Kronenburg, London Pride or a Doombar…
Or if I’m in Finland a Lapin Kulta or if I’m in Estonia a Saku :grimacing:

Gin and tonic…

Is my go to. Refreshing, invigorating and if your brave, it doubles as a handy snack if you like eating lemon or lime.

I have over the decades fallen in and out of love with all the beers known to man. Bitter, brown, stout, IPA, cider, lager you name it, I’ve spent time drinking it in large quantities. Particular favourites are Super Bok from Portugal, Red stripe from Jamaica, Singha from Thailand and Tiger from Singapore. If I went to a pub this afternoon, I’d order Guinness.

A Pinot Grigio rose wine is my preference with wine but if fill you my glass up with red or white, it’ll soon be empty.

edit typo

Miss my Friday after work pint or three of tenants lager then enjoy a few glasses of red wine with my evening meal :smiley: cheers Ray ps also enjoy a few dark fruit ciders

Punchy Dan:

robroy:

Most of those drinks should be made illegal on quality grounds ,a bit like women over err a certain age shouldn’t be allowed to look young save twisting me neck when driving past ,they are a bit like that 1664 drink :laughing: time you started on real ale Rob being a proper man from these northern counties :laughing: :blush: :wink:

:grimacing:

Tea or coke (cola)

Sent from my truck

Very glad to see no one has mentioned anything I recognise as wine yet, mostly identifiable by really bizare names like White Zinfandel and Pinot summut.

Am worried that Blue Estate is really suffering the driver blues if he’s drinking tea…unless theres a dash of brandy in there. Think the poor lad has realised we’re all really characters in a universe sized version of Euro Truck Simulator. :slight_smile: (Beginning to think Blue Estate is actually my long lost twin).

Re the Toon Army, I thought only Newcastle Brown Ale was a requirement for a true supporter? Unless that’s just dish water used to spot Sunderland supporters north of the river. Btw, how’s Carlisle Utd doing these days?

NDs choice…err, that cheese had the wrong colour wrapper on it! As soon as I become PM, my first decree is all cheese must be tasteless yellow wax in red wax and called Edam. We’ll show them what real food is. :open_mouth:

Star Down Under - can you ask the makers of Yellow Tail to stop importing it as apparently its seriously damaging your countries very illustrious wine rep.

Finally, I was with Stargazer albeit since I’m twinned with Blue Estate, can’t remember the last alcohol i had. :cry: ← lack of alcohol not being twinned.

When I was on Brit European Trans, I remember being stuck in the depot at Zeebrugge after getting a windscreen in my MAN, waiting for it to ‘seal’ overnight.
I had some time to kill, so taxi into Zeeby on the sea front in the sun, then into Monty’s bar where I happened to meet a couple of Brit drivers.
We got on this Belgian lager, and had a bloody good night.
.I was fine inside the bar, took a walk outside, the fresh air hit me and I was gone.
Woke up in morning with the hangover from hell, wasn’t shipping back over until night ferry so spent the full morning in the bunk suffering.

When I got up still feeling dog rough, I happened to show a couple of our Belgian drivers an empty bottle of the stuff we’d been on,.he looked at it with a ‘Wtf you shouldn’t have drank any more than two of those things’ :open_mouth: …apparently they were the Belgian equivalent of Carlsberg super specials, but stronger. :open_mouth:
Wish I could recall the brand, if only to avoid it in the future. :laughing:

@Trev…re Newcastle ‘broon ale’, I was stopped drinking it by the wife, as after an afternoon session, I used to use the plant on the landing as a urinal while sleepwalking, :blush: :blush: but the final straw was when I substituted the wardrobe for the plant. :blush: …she was NOT amused in the slightest, so promised never to drink it again ( in quantity though :smiley: )
:laughing: