So, what's your poison?

Made the mistake of going for a beer after giving blood i was rat arsed after 3 pints :open_mouth: back home by 1.30.a very short Saturday afternoon session :blush: cheers Ray

Just about anything other than lager, it gives me nightmares . I do like a drop of rum though

My liquid intake is 90% tea 10% Ribena. Pretty much given up alcohol

On a side note, if you’re a designated driver, Becks Blue, this is about the best alcohol free lager I reckon.
It does actually taste like ‘real’ beer.

RAT - Painful, but reasonably quick.

My currently favoured tipple is a pint or few of Yorkshire Blackout, from the Great Yorkshire Brewing Company. Best served from York Railway Station bar on racedays, watching the pi**ed-up punters staggering about the place. Endless amusement.

robroy:
On a side note, if you’re a designated driver, Becks Blue, this is about the best alcohol free lager I reckon.
It does actually taste like ‘real’ beer.

It actually has a better sharper taste to it than the sweeter to me tasting alcoholic version.

Other than that Youngs Special, Fullers ESB and also Abott is ok.Can only seem to get the former on draught but they all taste better draught than bottled anyway.Prefer Fullers 1845 bottled than ESB.
Glennfiddich and Remy Martin spirits of choice.

These for starters :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

robroy:
When I was on Brit European

Continental.
Order of choice.
Dortmunder Union.
Hofbrau.
Cardinal.
Sometimes Nastro Azzurro as a last resort if those aren’t available.

1664, Carlsberg, Heineken etc etc a bit like Fosters here.All crap but often all that’s available over there.

Schnapps or Grappa chasers if you’ve got a strong stomach and still conscious after a few litres.No pint measures here. :smiley:

Lawrence Dunbar:
These for starters :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.0

Ooh, that’s a nice collection Larry. I recently finished a bottle of Glenffidich Founders Reserve, and I’ve got half a bottle of the Rum Cask edition left. I have a bottle of Highland Park Viking Honour, as yet unmolested, which I might open on my birthday :grimacing: .
Apart from Jura, my present favourite is Bunnahabhain Stiùireadair, very smooth, and deceptively qaffable… :grimacing:

Carryfast:
Schnapps or Grappa chasers if you’ve got a strong stomach and still conscious after a few litres.No pint measures here. :smiley:

I misread that as ‘Grandpa chasers’ and thought ‘ah, quite apt considering’ :wink:

Cotswolds single malt
Stella

Then good night everyone :smiley:
Obviously not on a school night

Speaking of Newcastle Brown, as I was before…I’ve got an Alan Shearer Testimonial special, commemorative bottle from when he retired.

Rob’s bit of useless information. :smiley:

A few more that I like, Neat & Sweet, Regards Larry. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

IMG_0133.JPGOops :laughing:

Ive just opened a Loch Lomond CLASSIC single Malt, If its good It will be on my list :laughing: , Well it is very smooth , Matured in an American Oak cask 40 volt, So to all you Malt drinkers give it a go, I sure you will like it, Regards Larry. (Im sure its a safe guard against the Covid Virus) :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

After a yr of no alcohol due to the medication I’m on , I could kill for a pear magners cider or a Pacifico lager

10 pints of Wifebeater Special Reserve or various pints of randomly named Cask Ale. The Cheese has to be Sage Derby.

trevHCS:
Star Down Under - can you ask the makers of Yellow Tail to stop importing it as apparently its seriously damaging your countries very illustrious wine rep.

I concur, Yellow Tail doesn’t impress me either. Do you get Brown Brothers there? BB don’t grow grapes nor do they ferment plonk, to the best of my knowledge, but they do blend some exquisite concoctions. I like my red as sweet as raspberry cordial. This one certainly fits the bill. Sorry, it’s empty. :laughing:

I like these two as well. Regards Larry.