So Scotland wants to breakaway

But the Scots dont make decent ale, the best ales come from the Norfolk area…

For those unenlightened English “people”,Cullen Skink is a fish soup popular on the East coast around Arbroath and other fishing communities.Scotland is home to many thousands of English people who seem to be in no particular hurry to go back down South.

Think too many people associate a nation’s citizens with their football support, the vast majority of people of Scotland have no truck with the oche I the noo Jimmy wig brigade.

Sorry to burst your bubble but last I checked 30% means Scotland don`t want to break away, a vast majority of Scotsmen are proud to be part of the UK.

Rather than being colonised by the English the real truth is Scotland was hugely influential in creating what is a country responsible for creating and spreading democracy and fair values.

We seem to have slightly different social values when it comes to trying to decrease the gap between rich and poor so the UK Government in place at this time won`t help but it will never generate enough support.

A Country who had a huge Calvinistic work ethic that still struggles with tens of thousands of immigrants of a different faith means we don’t trust each other with any decision without questioning which side of this divide it benefits.

This religious divide will rear its ugly head soon enough in this debate, there’s a certain Church that won’t be able to help themselves. lol

We are too busy distrusting each other to worry about England and know we will make a coos arse of it.

The old Clan mentality is to prevalent up here for even most of us to trust we could go it alone.

Thankfully most of the UK is free from thick, fat, Xenophobic Lorry drivers and we realise the right of all UK citizens to relocate to parts of their own Country to try to better their lives, the movement is both ways and the only disadvantage to this is having to put up with some of these said people.

We will all just be States in a federal Europe soon anyway so what’s the point.

Is Blackpool still suffering the invasion of thousands of marauding Jocks, must be hell for the thousands of marauding stag and hen party trippers.

Harry Monk:
Apparently, the two options on the ballot paper are going to be “Och aye” and “Awa an’ bile ya heid” :wink:

wheres the like button lol

Geoffo:
Might make 'em better at football… :smiley: :smiley:

aye rite mare chance o gogzy becoming world drifting champion than that happening

triple-tango:

If you ever had a pint of Tolly Cobbled in the sixties then that statement would prove that you are not an expert on the subject. :laughing:

alamcculloch:
For those unenlightened English “people”,Cullen Skink is a fish soup popular on the East coast around Arbroath and other fishing communities.Scotland is home to many thousands of English people who seem to be in no particular hurry to go back down South.

Haddock, potato, onion and evaporated milk among other things, very tasty and popular all around the NE coasts but not so as Stornoway black pudding :slight_smile:
Goes well with a nice bit of scooty dumpling

mushroomman:

triple-tango:

If you ever had a pint of Tolly Cobbled in the sixties then that statement would prove that you are not an expert on the subject. :laughing:

The beer that comes out of Tolly Cobbald or Tollymache as they were called comes straight out of the Orwell which is Suffolk not Norfolk and Norfolk beer is out of Cantly suger beet factory waste outfall. All beer starts improving at Tadcaster, and quite how Shepeard and Neame of Faversham can win awards for their watered down bilge water I will never know :unamused:
Give us a pint of 80/- any day …

aranger:
Rather than being colonised by the English the real truth is Scotland was hugely influential in creating what is a country responsible for creating and spreading democracy and fair values.

This religious divide will rear its ugly head soon enough in this debate, there’s a certain Church that won’t be able to help themselves. lol

There’s no reason as to why anyone has to stay in a federal Europe.

The fact is the so called ‘union’ between England and Scotland was built on the blood of those Scots who didn’t agree with it just like the Federation of the USA was built by killing all of those who disagreed with it and no doubt a federal europe would degenerate into such a civil war in the long term.

The religeous thing should be a matter of choosing right right from wrong and just like Henry V111’s views on marriage and how to treat women amongst other ‘issues’,related to the establishment and ideas,of his CofE denomination,which are nothing to be proud of,and just like the vicious Red Coats and the some of the actions between the Clans,not everything which both sides did is/was right just as my Catholic grandmother,who married into a CofE family,taught me. :bulb:

youtube.com/watch?v=hM76Wkwk … ure=relmfu

youtube.com/watch?v=e4h6Vf1P … ure=relmfu

youtube.com/watch?v=D5MBLYlb … ure=relmfu

Speaking as an Englishman it’s time to go our seperate ways and for us both to have a referendum on leaving Europe too.Whoever then doesn’t like the result can live on whichever side of the border they choose.
If only it wasn’t so cold and miserable up there compared to down South though. :wink:

But the warmth of the Scots people as a whole makes up for that in comparison to coldness of the miserable bloody southerners.
ps. ex Ipswich, london, stockbroker village of Goffs Oak, N. Yorks & now the real Gods country :wink: :slight_smile:

Just a thought, I know it were a few years ago I lived in Goffs Oak but a snobbery bunch of ‘better than thou’ morons you could never find. Hope they all lost their large mortgage repayments in the financial crash. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

raymundo:
Just a thought, I know it were a few years ago I lived in Goffs Oak but a snobbery bunch of ‘better than thou’ morons you could never find. Hope they all lost their large mortgage repayments in the financial crash. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

That’s because it’s still Norf of Watford.They were just stuck up Norverners who thought they were proper Suvverners. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

As for me I’d have deserted the Red Coat Army and got back home to god’s own country down proper Saf PDQ before reaching Watford. :wink:

Anyway hopefully we’ll be hearing more of this because it’s a lot better than God Save our Queen (or King). :smiling_imp: :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=7vkYiCdn … re=related

Carryfast:

aranger:

There’s no reason as to why anyone has to stay in a federal Europe.

The fact is the so called ‘union’ between England and Scotland was built on the blood of those Scots who didn’t agree with it just like the Federation of the USA was built by killing all of those who disagreed with it and no doubt a federal europe would degenerate into such a civil war in the long term.

The religeous thing should be a matter of choosing right right from wrong and just like Henry V111’s views on marriage and how to treat women amongst other ‘issues’,related to the establishment and ideas,of his CofE denomination,which are nothing to be proud of,and just like the vicious Red Coats and the some of the actions between the Clans,not everything which both sides did is/was right just as my Catholic grandmother,who married into a CofE family,taught me. :bulb:

youtube.com/watch?v=hM76Wkwk … ure=relmfu

youtube.com/watch?v=e4h6Vf1P … ure=relmfu

youtube.com/watch?v=D5MBLYlb … ure=relmfu

Speaking as an Englishman it’s time to go our seperate ways and for us both to have a referendum on leaving Europe too.Whoever then doesn’t like the result can live on whichever side of the border they choose.
If only it wasn’t so cold and miserable up there compared to down South though. :wink:

Think the Scottish reformation had a little more substance than Henry and his new bit of stuff. lol

Could be said the Redcoats would not have been there if we had stopped sending armies into the north of England to relieve our boredom, the only thing unusual about William Wallace( the real one not the fictional one Mel Gibson had a dream about one night lol) was he went a bit further south than the many before him.

Think the English have an impression we are all up here dying to don our kilts and go back to those days, 90 % of the population was embarrassed and upset at the fans at Hampden booing Englands and indeed our own national anthem, wish I could say that was a minority.

I agree there will come a time and indeed that religious wall is crumbling with each new generation, (I cant wait, though its possibly 30 years away before its totally eradicated) when religion and politics are no longer intertwined , mental that a country that has 80% of the population practically atheist is arguing over who God likes the most. lol

We are a Nation of squabblers who when Edinburgh needs a new road we will spend 5 years debating what to give Glasgow to stop them going nuts and vice versa.

Alex Salmond’s Independence in Europe slogan blows the no need to stay in Europe argument out the window also, so that means me moving down there and thats a no no, I hate the English. :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

Independence and looking after our affairs is a grand idea but we are asking the question a couple of decades too soon, thats why it won’t happen, though this could give England an idea and we may end up with no choice. lol

aranger:
Think the Scottish reformation had a little more substance than Henry and his new bit of stuff. lol

Could be said the Redcoats would not have been there if we had stopped sending armies into the north of England to relieve our boredom, the only thing unusual about William Wallace( the real one not the fictional one Mel Gibson had a dream about one night lol) was he went a bit further south than the many before him.

Think the English have an impression we are all up here dying to don our kilts and go back to those days, 90 % of the population was embarrassed and upset at the fans at Hampden booing Englands and indeed our own national anthem, wish I could say that was a minority.

I agree there will come a time and indeed that religious wall is crumbling with each new generation, (I cant wait, though its possibly 30 years away before its totally eradicated) when religion and politics are no longer intertwined , mental that a country that has 80% of the population practically atheist is arguing over who God likes the most. lol

We are a Nation of squabblers who when Edinburgh needs a new road we will spend 5 years debating what to give Glasgow to stop them going nuts and vice versa.

Alex Salmond’s Independence in Europe slogan blows the no need to stay in Europe argument out the window also, so that means me moving down there and thats a no no, I hate the English. :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

Independence and looking after our affairs is a grand idea but we are asking the question a couple of decades too soon, thats why it won’t happen, though this could give England an idea and we may end up with no choice. lol

:confused:

You think that the Red Coats went up there in the 18 th century in response to a Scottish invasion of England which happened in the 13 th century and then just decided to murder loads of Scottish people to stop them coming back here again. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

If I was living there and was a Scot I’d be voting out go it alone and stand on your own two feet and this time no one needs to get hurt doing it.As for Salmand’s ideas on Europe he’ll have to change his mind on that if/when we get the referendum here and vote out ourselves.Which puts the two countries back where they should have been if that vicious zb ■■■■■■■■■■■■ Red Coat army had done what I’d have done by turning back at Watford and telling the murdering nutter to carry on on his own and then hope the Scots got him when he crossed their borders. :bulb:

Carryfast:

aranger:

You hate the english but don’t like the Scots booing our national anthem and you think that the Red Coats went up there in the 18 th century in response to a Scottish invasion of England which happened in the 13 th century and then just decided to murder loads of Scottish people to stop them coming back here again. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

I think you’ll find that the religeous situation here was a lot different before Henry V111 th than after that and there’s no way that any Scottish ‘Reformation’ could have been made to stick without the success of Henry’s ideas which were all driven by his wish to have as many wives as he wanted even if they were engaged to someone else together with a typical Red Coat idea of how to deal with the problems of the ‘divorce settlement’ concerning many of his dumped wives.

If I was living there and was a Scot I’d be voting out go it alone and stand on your own two feet and this time no one needs to get hurt doing it.As for Salmand’s ideas on Europe he’ll have to change his mind on that if/when we get the referendum here and vote out ourselves.Which puts the two countries back where they should have been if that vicious zb ■■■■■■■■■■■■ Red Coat army had done what I’d have done by turning back at Watford and telling the murdering nutter to carry on on his own and then hope the Scots got him when he crossed their borders. :bulb:

What are you prattling on about, see the smilies ya troll.

Its a wee text box, explaining the lot is a little hard as you have found with your drivel.

Might as well answer your drivel, the reformation would have been influenced more by Martin Luther than whether Henry got his hole or not.

Though Henry allowing the owning and reading of a bible without getting your neck stretched would have been appealing.

The Highland clearances are a stain on not only the English but also Lowland Scots, who were Scottish after all despite the Highlanders claims of different parentage.

The ships and the selling of Scots to the slave trade was as bad as it was for Africa but Scots landowners needed the room for Sheep.

The defeat of the Jacobites would have pleased the majority of Scots who didn’t particularly want anything to do with their Highland neighbours.

Most battles around this time had more to do with Gentry and Noblemen ( sticks in my throat those titles for them) wanting to increase their Estates and Monies.

The pride that people would feel in the UK is in what we have became as a Union rather than how we got there.

Not saying anything that was done by either Scots or English was anything to celebrate but the mythical notions of fighting for any just cause are just that mythical, always was and always will be a fight to make the rich richer and to manipulate the poor.

aranger:

Carryfast:

aranger:

You think that the Red Coats went up there in the 18 th century in response to a Scottish invasion of England which happened in the 13 th century and then just decided to murder loads of Scottish people to stop them coming back here again. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

If I was living there and was a Scot I’d be voting out go it alone and stand on your own two feet and this time no one needs to get hurt doing it.As for Salmand’s ideas on Europe he’ll have to change his mind on that if/when we get the referendum here and vote out ourselves.

Which puts the two countries back where they should have been if that vicious zb ■■■■■■■■■■■■ Red Coat army had done what I’d have done by turning back at Watford and telling the murdering nutter to carry on on his own and then hope the Scots got him when he crossed their borders. :bulb:

Its a wee text box, explaining the lot is a little hard as you have found with your drivel.

With all the stick I get on here it’s a bit difficult to know wether the smilies mean a joke or not. :bulb: :unamused:

So I’ve edited it.

But if I had a pound every time someone says I’m a troll just because I don’t agree with them I’d be (very) rich and if disagreeing on here makes anyone a so called troll then that makes just about everyone on here a troll except me. :unamused:

As for what the Scottish wanted to do within their own borders that was a matter for them to sort out just like today and there’s no reason why we need/ed to get involved with the place.

Carryfast:

aranger:

Carryfast:

aranger:

If I was living there and was a Scot I’d be voting out go it alone and stand on your own two feet and this time no one needs to get hurt doing it.As for Salmand’s ideas on Europe he’ll have to change his mind on that if/when we get the referendum here and vote out ourselves.

Which puts the two countries back where they should have been if that vicious zb ■■■■■■■■■■■■ Red Coat army had done what I’d have done by turning back at Watford and telling the murdering nutter to carry on on his own and then hope the Scots got him when he crossed their borders. :bulb:

With all the stick I get on here it’s a bit difficult to know wether the smilies mean a joke or not. :bulb: :unamused:

So I’ve edited it.

But if I had a pound every time someone says I’m a troll just because I don’t agree with them I’d be (very) rich and if disagreeing on here makes anyone a so called troll then that makes just about everyone on here a troll except me. :unamused:

Tried to explain it a bit better but its impossible on a daft website.

Well pulling me up for a joke is a bit trolly. lol

aranger:

Carryfast:

aranger:

You hate the english but don’t like the Scots booing our national anthem and you think that the Red Coats went up there in the 18 th century in response to a Scottish invasion of England which happened in the 13 th century and then just decided to murder loads of Scottish people to stop them coming back here again. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:

I think you’ll find that the religeous situation here was a lot different before Henry V111 th than after that and there’s no way that any Scottish ‘Reformation’ could have been made to stick without the success of Henry’s ideas which were all driven by his wish to have as many wives as he wanted even if they were engaged to someone else together with a typical Red Coat idea of how to deal with the problems of the ‘divorce settlement’ concerning many of his dumped wives.

Might as well answer your drivel, the reformation would have been influenced more by Martin Luther than whether Henry got his hole or not.

Though Henry allowing the owning and reading of a bible without getting your neck stretched would have been appealing.

The Highland clearances are a stain on not only the English but also Lowland Scots, who were Scottish after all despite the Highlanders claims of different parentage.

The ships and the selling of Scots to the slave trade was as bad as it was for Africa but Scots landowners needed the room for Sheep.

The defeat of the Jacobites would have pleased the majority of Scots who didn’t particularly want anything to do with their Highland neighbours.

Most battles around this time had more to do with Gentry and Noblemen ( sticks in my throat those titles for them) wanting to increase their Estates and Monies.

The pride that people would feel in the UK is in what we have became as a Union rather than how we got there.

Not saying anything that was done by either Scots or English was anything to celebrate but the mythical notions of fighting for any just cause are just that mythical, always was and always will be a fight to make the rich richer and to manipulate the poor.

I have also realised my mistake in mentioning Redcoats policing the lowlands of scotland but you get my drift, the English were a often sent to do this as a means of stopping the cross border raids.

So I’ve edited it.

[/quote]
Tried to explain it a bit better but its impossible on a daft website.

Well pulling me up for a joke is a bit trolly. lol
[/quote]
You think you would be very rich for being accused of trolling■■? By my reaconing you would have less than £8000 to date!!! now I ain’t rich but I wouldn’t say £8000 would make me very rich lol

aranger:
I have also realised my mistake in mentioning Redcoats policing the lowlands of scotland but you get my drift, the English were a often sent to do this as a means of stopping the cross border raids.

Yeah right and what happened after Culloden was just a ‘bit’ of ‘cross border policing’ and it’s more than a co incidence that the Red Coat army made quite a name for itself in ‘other’ places not just Scotland for it’s Waffen SS type methods.Not surprising considering where the orders were coming from being a German Royal.As,I’ve said,the union was built on force and murder not democratic choice.It’s been a long time coming but now that looks like it’s finally going to be put right. :bulb: