So now they will be evenworse at manouvering

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30249249

Latique:
Three-point turn may be dropped from UK driving test - BBC News

oh err she is not wearing a seatbelt , he is looking like wanting to score (erm rather than mark) her. :wink: :laughing:

I can go backwards but I can’t for the life of my parallel park.

Be testing them on how to brush hair and apply makeup in the outside lane doing 70 mph, and that’s just the blokes :smiley: :laughing:

She could practice her 3 point turns astride me if she thought it might help her pass :smiley:

3-point turns are irrelevant today because there are roundabouts at most T-junctions anyway :open_mouth: :confused:

scrap but it should still be taught in lessons, plus add motorway driving to the exam, and courtoius driving aswell, would stop the ■■■■■■■■■ and knuckle draggers from stopping at the end of a motorways slip or sitting at 45 in the middle lane petrified

Turn in the road & reverse around the corner pointless exercises really. Don’t think it’s remotely controversial that they are being got rid of. I’m with the DVSA on this one.

Not sure about this using a sat nav instead of following road signs ■■■■■■■■ though. I swear we are going to end up living in a world where nobody has any decent road knowledge and need a sat nav to get to the shops.

It should be based on bare essentials rather than luxury items like satnavs. The ability to navigate using road signs, landmarks and maps is recognised as a driving skill. Removing them is reducing the required level of skill and using satnav is not an adequate substitute

Yes,have them use a sat nav rather than follow road signs. Then when they pass their test and jump in a car to drive for the first time unsupervised and don’t HAVE a sat nav,they will be so much safer for us all when they are trying to follow road signs. Also removing the three point turn is a great idea. Why learn it and then show you can do it when obviously the best time to do it for the first time ever is when your on your own and want ot turn around on a busy street.
What could possibly go wrong? :unamused:

rob22888:
Turn in the road & reverse around the corner pointless exercises really. Don’t think it’s remotely controversial that they are being got rid of. I’m with the DVSA on this one.

Not sure about this using a sat nav instead of following road signs ■■■■■■■■ though. I swear we are going to end up living in a world where nobody has any decent road knowledge and need a sat nav to get to the shops.

+1

scanny77:
It should be based on bare essentials rather than luxury items like satnavs. The ability to navigate using road signs, landmarks and maps is recognised as a driving skill. Removing them is reducing the required level of skill and using satnav is not an adequate substitute

The bean-counters would love this cost-cutting exercise. Sign-makers would be less happy…

Teaching people where and how the indicator stalk is is something that appears to be lacking!!!

I think they should sit down and think about the whole test ’ I see a lot of new drivers that can’t drive to the right standard but yet they have a little bit of paper that says they can ’ it’s unsafe and that’s why you have cars pulling in front to close and you end up pushing them down the motoway. And like somebody side before satnav really we’ve seen what happens when some of us truck drivers follow them we get stuck or hit a low bridge ’ times have moved on but the test should move on to better drivers not make them worse . Bit of a rant hope it makes sence :smiley: :open_mouth: :confused: :blush:

Replace 3 point turns with handbrake turns IMHO. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

What can possibly go wrong? :smiley: :smiley:

theantbox:
Teaching people where and how the indicator stalk is is something that appears to be lacking!!!

+1

Dotty D:
I think they should sit down and think about the whole test ’ I see a lot of new drivers that can’t drive to the right standard but yet they have a little bit of paper that says they can ’ it’s unsafe and that’s why you have cars pulling in front to close and you end up pushing them down the motoway. And like somebody side before satnav really we’ve seen what happens when some of us truck drivers follow them we get stuck or hit a low bridge ’ times have moved on but the test should move on to better drivers not make them worse . Bit of a rant hope it makes sence :smiley: :open_mouth: :confused: :blush:

My opinion is that once you have passed your test you should get a restricted license that doesn’t allow you to drive on motorways. If you want to drive on motorways, you have to undertake x hours of training with an instructor then send proof that they have approved you to the DVLA to get your full license. If that means someone from Falmouth has to travel to Exeter for the weekend then so be it.

rob22888:
My opinion is that once you have passed your test you should get a restricted license that doesn’t allow you to drive on motorways. If you want to drive on motorways, you have to undertake x hours of training with an instructor then send proof that they have approved you to the DVLA to get your full license. If that means someone from Falmouth has to travel to Exeter for the weekend then so be it.

i agree with this, restricted licence and the displaying of a green L… No motorways, no more than 1 passenger under the age of 21, maximum 50MPH on ANY road for 2 years… then a Motorway course & assessment at the end of the probationary period…

driving licences should be earned, not practically given away like they seem to be now!

B…

rob22888:

i agree with this, restricted licence and the displaying of a green L… No motorways, no more than 1 passenger under the age of 21, maximum 50MPH on ANY road for 2 years… then a Motorway course & assessment at the end of the probationary period…

driving licences should be earned, not practically given away like they seem to be now!

B…

Bungle666:

rob22888:

B…

I agree with this as well then maybe kids will stop killing them selfs and others’ I try to be professional like most of us good drivers but it’s the muppets around us that make are job harder