So now they will be evenworse at manouvering

Bungle666:

rob22888:
My opinion is that once you have passed your test you should get a restricted license that doesn’t allow you to drive on motorways. If you want to drive on motorways, you have to undertake x hours of training with an instructor then send proof that they have approved you to the DVLA to get your full license. If that means someone from Falmouth has to travel to Exeter for the weekend then so be it.

i agree with this, restricted licence and the displaying of a green L… No motorways, no more than 1 passenger under the age of 21, maximum 50MPH on ANY road for 2 years… then a Motorway course & assessment at the end of the probationary period…

driving licences should be earned, not practically given away like they seem to be now!

B…

As if to prove your point there was a story in the paper this morning about a guy who was over the drink drive limit,speeding down a country lane,lost control and smashed into a tree,killing his friend and another will be permanently scarred. He had passed his test two WEEKS earlier.
Too many people think driving is a right and not an earned privelidge. I have long since thought that after passing your test you should be made to sit another (albeit lesser) test every 6 months for two years to prove you are still capable. Having a good hours drive to impress someone is not a good indicator as to whether you are capable of driving

The-Snowman:

Bungle666:

rob22888:
My opinion is that once you have passed your test you should get a restricted license that doesn’t allow you to drive on motorways. If you want to drive on motorways, you have to undertake x hours of training with an instructor then send proof that they have approved you to the DVLA to get your full license. If that means someone from Falmouth has to travel to Exeter for the weekend then so be it.

i agree with this, restricted licence and the displaying of a green L… No motorways, no more than 1 passenger under the age of 21, maximum 50MPH on ANY road for 2 years… then a Motorway course & assessment at the end of the probationary period…

driving licences should be earned, not practically given away like they seem to be now!

B…

As if to prove your point there was a story in the paper this morning about a guy who was over the drink drive limit,speeding down a country lane,lost control and smashed into a tree,killing his friend and another will be permanently scarred. He had passed his test two WEEKS earlier.
Too many people think driving is a right and not an earned privelidge. I have long since thought that after passing your test you should be made to sit another (albeit lesser) test every 6 months for two years to prove you are still capable. Having a good hours drive to impress someone is not a good indicator as to whether you are capable of driving

I would also add to that a 3 points and out system instead of the 6 points and out they operate now… get 3 points, then its a 6 month “totting up” ban, and a retest at the end to get yer licence back… this would also reset the probationary period :slight_smile:I would also be tempted to add an engine size limit to no more than a 1 litre petrol or 1.2L Diesel… sick of seeing too many “kids” doing stupid things and bumping insurance up for the rest of us… for me and the missus on 2 cars were paying 2K a year on insurance! thats before the bloody road tax, fuel, maintenance ETC ETC…

B…

Bungle666:

The-Snowman:

Bungle666:

rob22888:

B…

I would also add to that a 3 points and out system instead of the 6 points and out they operate now… get 3 points, then its a 6 month “totting up” ban, and a retest at the end to get yer licence back… this would also reset the probationary period :slight_smile:I would also be tempted to add an engine size limit to no more than a 1 litre petrol or 1.2L Diesel… sick of seeing too many “kids” doing stupid things and bumping insurance up for the rest of us… for me and the missus on 2 cars were paying 2K a year on insurance! thats before the bloody road tax, fuel, maintenance ETC ETC…

B…

and no adding turbos or alloy wheels or owt sorty should keep the buggers in check for a bit

One thing that has passed us is the free membership to the Middle Lane Owners Club,must of been given out at driving tests a few years ago. :laughing:

Hope they don’t drop the 3 point turn, imagine what could happen…

youtube.com/watch?feature=p … sLS50#t=25