So now it starts

Just left work for the day and noticed a fuel cap missing off one of the trucks, 30 galls gone.

so whats starting exactly

People have always been nicking fuel m8, I suppose it could get worse as the cost rises, but it’s really nothing new that’s happening.

Yep ! my fuel cap has 2 locks on it , and a grill so you cant stick pipes in to the tank , last week what was left of my fuel cap was on the floor, and a big bar was rammed in to my tank , over 300 itres gone , phoned the police , not interested , didnt even come out , load and trailer untouched ,

Been down this road before no point in locking the fuel caps so tommorrow I’ll syphon off whats left in all the tanks put the fuel in 45 gall drums and store in warehouse then put a sign up on the side of the trucks “all tanks empty you thieving B…s try somewhere else”

Which is why I have always been opposed to locking fuel caps, they will always find a way, and that involves damage, at least if there is no lock you still lose the fuel, but that’s all.
I once replaced the fuel cap on a car with a rubber one after the sods cut the fuel line under the car. Didn’t notice the theft 'till I got about 100 yards on my way to work and the engine mysteriously stopped. :smiling_imp:

and again , this time cheap fuel cap on floor a big puddle of fuel under tank ,about 200 lts taken , AND AGAIN police not interested , ■■? so whats the answer , move my bunk to top of tank , and weekends take my tanks off and take them home with me , theres a lot of sleepless nights now , and why arnt the rozzers interested ■■ is stealing from trucks legal now .

There are tealeafs everywhere, and its not a new problem.

However that woman who died during a fuel theft is an awful reminder of the problem.

its a old problem , but if the rozzers dont care ,what message is that sending out , there getting fearless now if you wake up and find scum helping them selves , and the police not interested ,its down to you the driver and or owner to stop them , one of two things will happen , 1 you steam in and kick the living crap out of them ( hoping theres only one of them ) then get arrested for assault , 2, you steam in and there mob handed AND YOU get the living crap kicked out of you ,! the only way i think might get the rozzers involved is when a " have a go driver " is killed , just like the farmer who lost his wife , or we all make insurance claims and the insurance firms put pressure on the chinless wonders in charge and police , at some stage someone somewhere is going to see the solution secure free parking for trucks , BUT i believe we have covered this subject before and got no where . after all this is Britain we dont do solutions .!

THE TEMPLAR:
and again , this time cheap fuel cap on floor a big puddle of fuel under tank ,about 200 lts taken , AND AGAIN police not interested , ■■? so whats the answer , move my bunk to top of tank , and weekends take my tanks off and take them home with me , theres a lot of sleepless nights now , and why arnt the rozzers interested ■■ is stealing from trucks legal now .

Perhaps its where your parkig templar. it doesn’t matter what you do to protect your tank, its like liquid gold now with the price so high, if you make your cap so secure that they can’t get it off the’ll prob just stick a screw driver through the tank and catch what they can.

Did you tell the police and get a crime number o both occasions for the insurance??

see a tv show about this - think it was panarama or something but it was cars it was happening to - they would drill a hole in the tank(it was only certain models) - take the fuel and ■■■■ off- so not only where they losing their fuel they had to buy a new tank and get it fitted and i dont think the insurance covered it either - terrible.

When I had this happening to my trucks I just had the quantity in the tanks that was going to be used that day,so tanks were low when returning to the yard. Alot of inconvenience filling up on a daily basis, but it stopped the theft as they soon move on.

Heres the thing , i ALWAYS park with other trucks , in lighted areas , with or without cctv or close to busy roads , anything to make them think its not worth the risk , but its not working they want it and nothing is going to change there minds , when i phone the police straight away im in trouble as i dial 999 , they give me another number who take details , time etc then i have to ask for a crime number , and thats it no follow up or progress report , if nones been hurt they dont come out , and now i learn my insurance isnt going to pay out anymore for loss of fuel and damage to my tanks , as like most things in British transport its all one sided , bring back the good old days when it was the load they wanted ,its cheaper to repair a trailer , AND the rozzers always came out when you phoned them the load has been stolen , these are sad confusing times we live in .

THE TEMPLAR:
its a old problem , but if the rozzers dont care ,what message is that sending out , there getting fearless now if you wake up and find scum helping them selves , and the police not interested ,its down to you the driver and or owner to stop them , one of two things will happen , 1 you steam in and kick the living crap out of them ( hoping theres only one of them ) then get arrested for assault , 2, you steam in and there mob handed AND YOU get the living crap kicked out of you ,! the only way i think might get the rozzers involved is when a " have a go driver " is killed , just like the farmer who lost his wife , or we all make insurance claims and the insurance firms put pressure on the chinless wonders in charge and police , at some stage someone somewhere is going to see the solution secure free parking for trucks , BUT i believe we have covered this subject before and got no where . after all this is Britain we dont do solutions .!

What you’ve gotta do mate,is ring the Police,tell em that there are thieves nicking the fuel from your truck and that you are just about to go outside and shoot them with your shotgun !!!

They’ll be there in about 2 minutes :wink:

i hear you bikemonkey , my mate said i should have told the police people are stealing my fuel and there get away car has no tax on it , they would have sent the helicopter up and armed response ,

THE TEMPLAR:
Heres the thing , i ALWAYS park with other trucks , in lighted areas , with or without cctv or close to busy roads , anything to make them think its not worth the risk , but its not working they want it and nothing is going to change there minds , when i phone the police straight away im in trouble as i dial 999 , they give me another number who take details , time etc then i have to ask for a crime number , and thats it no follow up or progress report , if nones been hurt they dont come out , and now i learn my insurance isnt going to pay out anymore for loss of fuel and damage to my tanks , as like most things in British transport its all one sided , bring back the good old days when it was the load they wanted ,its cheaper to repair a trailer , AND the rozzers always came out when you phoned them the load has been stolen , these are sad confusing times we live in .

Apparently they wont come out now if there are no lines of inquiry, and if you haven’t seen or heard them then they will not get anything to investigate. its due to the lack of front line bobbies alledgedly.

I’d be changing insurance companies if i were you, how can they say they are no longer covering you fo theft!! thats why we pay them so much.

duplicate, DOH,]

The police are just not interested. our railway station had all the gates stolen, just as the police were leaving, a woman spoke to them and said she had seen it all, but didnt say anything in case they took offence(a fence) lol

Anyway, word of advice, doesnt matter what security locks you have, all they do is unscrew the gauge…and theres a big hole to syphon all they want.

One of our subbies, other O/D`s have it too, is Chequer plate, right across the catwalk, over the tank, and a proper lock over the tank, low side skirts, to stop them getting under the truck, even at the back of the unit…a lot of expense, it looks nice, but you will never get your fuel nicked.

We found a giant hole in the road outside our depot, the boss reported it, and the police said They were looking into it

Police investigated the theft of all the toilet bowls and urinals from the public toilet…when asked about the crime they said they have nothing to go on

truckyboy:
The police are just not interested. our railway station had all the gates stolen, just as the police were leaving, a woman spoke to them and said she had seen it all, but didnt say anything in case they took offence(a fence) lol

Anyway, word of advice, doesnt matter what security locks you have, all they do is unscrew the gauge…and theres a big hole to syphon all they want.

One of our subbies, other O/D`s have it too, is Chequer plate, right across the catwalk, over the tank, and a proper lock over the tank, low side skirts, to stop them getting under the truck, even at the back of the unit…a lot of expense, it looks nice, but you will never get your fuel nicked.

We found a giant hole in the road outside our depot, the boss reported it, and the police said They were looking into it

Police investigated the theft of all the toilet bowls and urinals from the public toilet…when asked about the crime they said they have nothing to go on

All I can say is it’s lucky for you that Darenth Hospital was closed and demolished… :smiley: :smiley:

Truckyboy was born in Charlton, just off Ha Ha Road :stuck_out_tongue:

They are coming to take him away :wink: