So in 5 Years, Minimum Wages

Im just wondering, if 50-70% Driving jobs are on 9£ h in 5 years drivers will be on minimum wage?

Iw seen class 1 on 9£ rates. :open_mouth: F00kin Madness. :open_mouth:

In my opinion ( my alone ) in 5 years rates should be around or over 20£ h. 20£ -30£ Range. Maybe. Any one working below 15£ is and will be a mug.

Regards.

You should maybe stay off what you’re smoking…

I’ve seen MANY MANY jobs BELOW £9 PH, Many drivers are in line for a pay rise :unamused: :smiley:

In five years I’ll be on early retirement so I really couldn’t give one.

It’s already virtually a minimum wage job, and when cabotage restrictions are finally removed it won’t even pay as much as that. My prediction is that in 10 years time, nearly every truck on UK roads will be driven by an eastern European earning £200 a week. Not that I care, I’ll be well out of it by then.

A would say there is still many jobs under 8ph and its the truth.

Conor:
You should maybe stay off what you’re smoking…

+1[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Dan ze Man:
Im just wondering, if 50-70% Driving jobs are on 9£ h in 5 years drivers will be on minimum wage?

Regards.

Yes they probably will be, very close to minimum wage right now & as we all know nothing ever changes…

still be plenty muppets on here working for it UP THE TUBE DRIVERS :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Today’s Tube strike isn’t about money!

In five years time £9 per hour wouldn’t be enough to be a living wage. A big con from Osborne and Cameron.

Dave the Renegade:
In five years time £9 per hour wouldn’t be enough to be a living wage. A big con from Osborne and Cameron.

To be fair the Labour Party isn’t exactly shouting for massive wage increases and getting out of the global free market economy cheap labour scam.Probably because they think that keeping the in work benefits dependency culture going and maintaining the immigrant vote is as important to them as the low wage economy is to the CBI and the Cons. :unamused:

Carryfast:

Dave the Renegade:

To be fair the Labour Party isn’t exactly shouting for massive wage increases and getting out of the global free market economy cheap labour scam.Probably because they think that keeping the in work benefits dependency culture going and maintaining the immigrant vote is as important to them as the low wage economy is to the CBI and the Cons. :unamused:

Time will tell, but I can’t see £9 an hour being enough in 2020.

Dave the Renegade:

Carryfast:

Dave the Renegade:

Time will tell, but I can’t see £9 an hour being enough in 2020.

Just pray that Le Pen will throw a grenade into the whole zb banker driven scam and bring it all down. :bulb: :wink:

Born Idle:

NO ITS about sticking together and not getting ■■■■■■ in the arse SHAME A FEW ON HERE DONT but as long as they got A SHINY truck hey

topmixer11:

Born Idle:

NO ITS about sticking together and not getting [zb] in the arse SHAME A FEW ON HERE DONT but as long as they got A SHINY truck hey

+1

topmixer11:

Born Idle:

NO ITS about sticking together and not getting [zb] in the arse SHAME A FEW ON HERE DONT but as long as they got A SHINY truck hey

I don’t care what anybody says, a modern day Tube driver is NOT worth a starting salary of over £49K for a 36 hour week & 43 days holiday.

Now the tubes catching up with other major cities and going 24/7, does this mean salaries have to go up even more? £60K? Where does it end? There needs to be a shake up and these drivers need their wings clipping & a reality check, as it’s extorting the taxpayer & tube users out of an absolute bloody fortune.

Fair to say that on their already excessive salaries, I’m not overly sympathetic towards their dismay at having to work some unsociable shifts. These are hardly low/middle paid workers getting shafted by greedy bosses.

Tin hat on

rob22888:
I don’t care what anybody says, a modern day Tube driver is NOT worth a starting salary of over £49K for a 36 hour week & 43 days holiday.

Now the tubes catching up with other major cities and going 24/7, does this mean salaries have to go up even more? £60K? Where does it end? There needs to be a shake up and these drivers need their wings clipping & a reality check, as it’s extorting the taxpayer & tube users out of an absolute bloody fortune.

Fair to say that on their already excessive salaries, I’m not overly sympathetic towards their dismay at having to work some unsociable shifts. These are hardly low/middle paid workers getting shafted by greedy bosses.

Meanwhile contrary to the Con Party propaganda. :unamused:

rmtlondoncalling.org.uk/node/5725

rob22888:

Tin hat on

I think they are, that’s what I’d want to be on if I lived in one of the most expensive cities in the world responsible for thousands of lives during my working day[emoji15]

It’s what the majority voted for! :wink:

rob22888:

Doesn’t seem a lot when you consider that you’d be hard pushed to buy a two bedroom terraced house for less than £500,000 in the parts of London where the tube depots are located.