So How Come I Got A Working Time Infringement?

Yes. The most common mistake is with the 15 minute/6 hours. Because you worked hours totalling between 6-9 you needed 30 minutes.
There is no need to take 15 minutes as if it’s under 6 no break is needed. If over 6 (and before 9) 30 minutes is needed.
The only reason for 15’s is as you said to extend your clock.

As said your total working time in the shift was over 6 hours, if the working time is between 6 hours and 9 hours you need to have a total of 30 minutes break/breaks.

You complied with the 6 hour rule for the RT(WT)R but not with the total break requirement.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106684&p=1762489#p1762489

Seggons:
Thanks for that M1cks and Tachograph. Would I be right in saying it’s the same principle for 9 to 12 hours working time. ie, you need to have had 45 minutes worth of break before going over 12 hours but equally you need 45 minutes worth of break if your total hours of working time is between 9 and 12?

If your working time is over 9 hours you need to have a total of 45 minutes break but it only needs to be before 12 hours if that’s the total working time you’re doing.

Lets say you work a 13 hour shift, you must make sure that at no time do you go over 6 hours working time without a break, but as long as you comply with that you can have the breaks at any-time.
The only stipulation is that WTD breaks cannot be at the immediate start or immediate end of the shift.

Working time and shift time are not the same

Working time is the driving time + other work time that you record during a shift

↑↑ As far as I can see they seem to think the last 31 minute break doesn’t qualify but I can’t see why.
The only thing I can think of, but it would be a bit bizarre, is if they think you need a 45 minute break to be taken after 9 hours working time, but I doubt if that’s what it is.

Maybe someone else can see something I’ve missed.

When you get an infringement that you don’t understand you should ask the TM or compliance manager if there is one, they are legally obliged to see that you understand what the infringement is for.

I see nothing illegal in that for either tacho or RTD regs so I would refuse to accept it as an infringement

Point out why it is not then if the company disagree then ask them or their agent why?

They didn’t take into account the first 17min break and the second 15min break for the 12+hrs WTD therefore they only counted the 31 (32 they said, but you know, “analysts”) minutes of the third break what they are saying is that 31 (32) should’ve been a 45min, but as to why the first two breaks weren’t counted… beyond me tbh

Top right of page:
Insufficient Break in Working Period
Date 04/11/2014, Worked: 13h 26min,
Qualifying Break: 0h 32 min

Reef:
They didn’t take into account the first 17min break and the second 15min break for the 12+hrs WTD therefore they only counted the 31 (32 they said, but you know, “analysts”) minutes of the third break what they are saying is that 31 (32) should’ve been a 45min, but as to why the first two breaks weren’t counted… beyond me tbh

Top right of page:
Insufficient Break in Working Period
Date 04/11/2014, Worked: 13h 26min,
Qualifying Break: 0h 32 min

I think they missed the 31 and counted the 17+15=32

I got the idea that they only counted up to the 9 hour point

:laughing: Oh yeah, I forgot about adding them two… ha! ■■■■ you basic maths :imp:

Seggons:
As it stands it’s unsigned and has been left on the managers desk to look over. With the infringement being at the end of the day my first thought was I’d done a manual entry the following day and gone over the 6 hour rule but it isn’t the case here. I get the impression I’ve discovered a bug/glitch in the software. Thanks all for looking over it. :smiley:

That may very well be the case, if your TM can’t explain the infringement you should suggest that he ask the analysis company :wink:

And don’t let him BS you either!

Taco rules baffle me.

OK, so I was under the impression that after 4.5 hours of driving, you had to take a 45 minute break, a 15 minute then 30 minute, or 30 minute then 15 minute?

Just passed my class 1, and have a job lined up once my ADR course is done, but I see alot of conflicting views on taco regulations, despite correctly answering all my taco related theory questions ( I assume answered correctly, given I got them right on mock exams)

Can someone explain to me just how EXACTLY the WTD works? Last thing I want to do is go out to work and end up getting infringements because I’m not fully aware of how it works!

The Drivers Hours

gov.uk/government/publicati … cles-in-gb

Endgame:
Taco rules baffle me.

OK, so I was under the impression that after 4.5 hours of driving, you had to take a 45 minute break, a 15 minute then 30 minute, or 30 minute then 15 minute?

Has to be 15 min then 30min

I normally do 16 then 31 or 46 at least

Just passed my class 1, and have a job lined up once my ADR course is done, but I see alot of conflicting views on taco regulations, despite correctly answering all my taco related theory questions ( I assume answered correctly, given I got them right on mock exams)

Can someone explain to me just how EXACTLY the WTD works? Last thing I want to do is go out to work and end up getting infringements because I’m not fully aware of how it works!

Thanks Animal - will have a read through that later.

Endgame:
Taco rules baffle me.

No offence fella but if this isn’t concrete evidence that the current DCPC and Theory test aren’t working then I don’t know what is!

I’m not knocking you but there is something seriously flawed if you are still as a fresh pass having issues with certain parts of the drivers hours regulations, let me try to explain…

Endgame:
OK, so I was under the impression that after 4.5 hours of driving, you had to take a 45 minute break

Careful with your wording and therefore your understanding of the rule here, It should read… “Upon reaching 4.5hrs driving” not “After 4.5hrs driving”

Endgame:
you had to take a 45 minute break, a 15 minute then 30 minute

Yes you are correct its 45 mins which can be split into two seperate breaks where the second one MUST be a minimum of 30 minutes so to follow your above example 15mins followed by a second 30 mins

This is the bit that worries me though…

Endgame:
or 30 minute then 15 minute?

It should be taught and therefore blindingly obvious to you at your stage to know that you cannot take 30min then 15mins because like I said previously the second break MUST be a minimum of 30 minutes

Endgame:
but I see alot of conflicting views on taco regulations

Unfortunately this industry is full of people who “think” they are right, and at least 50% of them would get a nasty shock if/when VOSA/DVSA get involved!

Endgame:

I could rattle off all the ins and outs but honestly its all covered here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=71511 Make yourself a cuppa turn all other distractions off and have a good read, thats the best advice I can offer my friend.