So had a second one today

I mean, the second time I was treated badly due to me being Polish.

This time the stuff in the place we were delivering to, asked my van-boy where he comes from. When he answered that he’s from Turkey, they started to shout at him “There is no place for such as you in this country”. The situation was hot so I tried to calm them down, as my van boy is not the one who let others go like that, but whey they recognized that I am Polish they were even more winded up.

So I heard all usual stuff like we ■■■■■■■■ are coming and stealing their jobs etc etc.

The fun bit though was that they were both from Pakistan and only one of them was able to speak communicative English…

I can understand Scottish or English people being unhappy about emigration, but come on - these guys should diplomatically shut up and ask Allah that noone ask them to get out of this country…

orys:

This time the stuff in the place we were delivering to, asked my van-boy where he comes from. When he answered that he’s from Turkey, they started to shout at him “There is no place for such as you in this country”. The situation was hot so I tried to calm them down, as my van boy is not the one who let others go like that, but whey they recognized that I am Polish they were even more winded up.

So I heard all usual stuff like we [zb] are coming and stealing their jobs etc etc.

The fun bit though was that they were both from Pakistan and only one of them was able to speak communicative English…

I can understand Scottish or English people being unhappy about emigration, but come on - these guys should diplomatically shut up and ask Allah that noone ask them to get out of this country…

Sorry to hear of your troubles Orys. I can’t really offer you many crumbs of comfort, but your experience is probably typical of many up and down this fair land every day. I’m afraid the politicians of whatever colour will let this keep happening because it keeps the heat off them. One bright day, no time soon, people will realise that we all live in one global village, and we actually have mutual interests that it would behove us to fight for shoulder to shoulder instead of face to face :unamused:

You want to listen to the arguments down Normanton Road in Derby, there are Pakistanis calling Sikhs immigrants, both of them stick together when it comes to Poles and all three then complain about the Iranians :laughing:

I get the same treatment in the village because I am from Yorkshire and living in Derbyshire yet most of the ones who complain followed the work around the local pits, mainly Scots :wink:

Wheel Nut:
You want to listen to the arguments down Normanton Road in Derby, there are Pakistanis calling Sikhs immigrants, both of them stick together when it comes to Poles and all three then complain about the Iranians :laughing:

I get the same treatment in the village because I am from Yorkshire and living in Derbyshire yet most of the ones who complain followed the work around the local pits, mainly Scots :wink:

Dont forget, the Pak / Ind / Iranians, who are all VERY god / allah fearing, HATE the Afghans, the PL / CZ / LT /LV / BG / RO, mingle in with the local~~, and just get on with it IMO, watching from the sidelines.............~~ ~~I have Bangledeshi mates who are 50/50 muslim [some drink / some dont], who cannot stand the Somalis, both countries are muslim :open_mouth: , they also don`t trust the Afghans, and hate the ROMA, funny old world innit… :unamused:~~
Solidarnose, Orys, Solidarnose… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Stanley Mitchell:

Wheel Nut:

Dont forget, the Pak / Ind / Iranians, who are all VERY god / allah fearing, HATE the Afghans, the PL / CZ / LT /LV / BG / RO, mingle in with the local~~, and just get on with it IMO, watching from the sidelines.............~~ ~~I have Bangledeshi mates who are 50/50 muslim [some drink / some dont], who cannot stand the Somalis, both countries are muslim :open_mouth: , they also don`t trust the Afghans, and hate the ROMA, funny old world innit… :unamused:~~
Solidarnose, Orys, Solidarnose… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]
Yeah, no one likes the Somalis especially the neighbours

The Scots put that much energy into hating the English we havent got the puff to hate the other Nationalities.

Wheel Nut:
I get the same treatment in the village because I am from Yorkshire and living in Derbyshire …:wink:

Well that’s an absolute disgrace for a start! All Yorkshiremen should be banned from entering Derbyshire, and if they want to travel through it, they should have to get a visa in their passports… :laughing:

orys:

So I heard all usual stuff like we [zb] are coming and stealing their jobs etc etc.

dont worry mate i have had it for past 57 years, me dad came over during war but cos of ski in name i had some stick always defended it tho . dont let the pratts get to you.

Sorry to read about the way you were both treated. Who ever it was should be ashamed of themselves. All you were doing was working. A lot of the native population here don’t know the meaning of the word & most of those who do, have no intention of doing any as long as they can claim for everything.

If you continue to get problems, report them to your employer, ask him to come with you on a delivery to the problem delivery points & get the job sorted out.

BB

for a short time on an agency for somerfield i used to deliver to at night to stores that were usually staffed by indian chaps, & although not a problem for me , after two consecutive trips there i was told by the office that they couldn’t send me there again as they couldn’t understand what I was saying :laughing: :laughing:

EastAnglianTrucker:

Wheel Nut:
I get the same treatment in the village because I am from Yorkshire and living in Derbyshire …:wink:

Well that’s an absolute disgrace for a start! All Yorkshiremen should be banned from entering Derbyshire, and if they want to travel through it, they should have to get a visa in their passports… :laughing:

Ah, but it is OK for me as I arrived here from West Africa :laughing:

That’s the great thing about our not so ‘Great’ country these day’s,tolerance and sleep walking into a situation where we’ve allowed anybody into the country,given them first bite of the cherry,instead of filling our own plate and leaving the crumbs,its the indiginious population getting the crumbs,‘happy’ to say I’m working @ the mo…for less than some Polish labourers are getting @ the same site,feel like I’m in Ashes to ashes,but not in a good way,back to the 90’s money wise!

Speaking as an Englishman i really dont mind that you Polish guys are here

Polish people are lovely, always up for a laugh and tbh you are no different to English people (apart from the cabbage/beetroot muck that you eat)

ALOT of other nationalities that live here couldnt be any different to English people if they tried.

so ■■■■ em … we like ya :slight_smile:

lynchy:
That’s the great thing about our not so ‘Great’ country these day’s,tolerance and sleep walking into a situation where we’ve allowed anybody into the country,given them first bite of the cherry,instead of filling our own plate and leaving the crumbs,its the indiginious population getting the crumbs,‘happy’ to say I’m working @ the mo…for less than some Polish labourers are getting @ the same site,feel like I’m in Ashes to ashes,but not in a good way,back to the 90’s money wise!

I see your problem now. So why you don’t do the job they do, if it’s paid better?

Well one day you might take the hint, and go home.

dean0:

or I might not and stay here.

dean0:

Still dragging your knuckles mate :unamused:

dean0:

Strange comment really when one of the largest viewer sports in the world has to rely on Italians, Argentinians, Albanians, Africans, Brazilians and Portuguese imports to have a chance of winning games for British teams.

In fact 337 players from 66 countries according to one website I found. Even the successful English Managers have to be Swedish or Italian.

Wheel Nut:

dean0:

Strange comment really when one of the largest viewer sports in the world has to rely on Italians, Argentinians, Albanians, Africans, Brazilians and Portuguese imports to have a chance of winning games for British teams.

In fact 337 players from 66 countries according to one website I found. Even the successful English Managers have to be Swedish or Italian.

yes well i do not agree with that to, i would go as far as saying that you can only play for a team if you are born in that town.

bubsy06:

dean0:

Still dragging your knuckles mate :unamused:

no.
but after the mass influx of immigrants in the last few years, it is not surprising that people are starting to say something.