Snow

How is the road network coping? Any problems anywhere? Any pics and that?

Personally no problems but not much snow round my parts. Was a covering overnight last night but its washed away by rain now.

Been out this…

Afternoon around the Grantham area. Nothing to report other than it’s a bit fluffy and slushy.

Snowed all day here,but it’s not sticking.

P’ing down with rain in Southampton 10 deg C difference to Minworth

Heavy snow forecast in the small hours of the morning here in the West Midlands overnight.

yourhavingalarf:
Been out this…

Afternoon around the Grantham area. Nothing to report other than it’s a bit fluffy and slushy.

You’re joking , my mrs mate couldn’t get out of Denton to get to the hospital

I like the snow, it makes my garden look like everyone else’s

yourhavingalarf:
Been out this…

I’ve been out east, Gainsborough, Louth and Skegvegas, and back through Boston and Newark, and it was just rain and sleet. It’s only started getting worse as I left Doncaster to drive home. There’s a decent covering of snow around the Stockyard area

Wet, Windy & Very Warm in West Cornwall

All media hype again , you would of thought listening to the forecast yesterday that certain places the world was gonna end ,
Schools closed for snow for gods sake , there a war in Ukraine and they seem to be coping better than us with a few cm of sleet

Plus 1. I can’t do anything to stop my Norwegian neighbour’s hysterical laughing at all the hype and over reaction to less than an inch of snow.Assuming your competence as a driver is adequate all you need are proper winter or snow tyres.Another inch of snow and maybe a pair of snow chains.

No snow here, low 30ish ⁰C.
Yeah, OK, getting me coat. :wink:

Well looks like Friday is a no go, I can’t even drive off the road outside my house as I live at the bottom of a 650m hill. It didn’t help that a neighbour had dumped their car in front of mine so I was unable to get a rolling start without having to drive around it.

Happy Trucker1:
All media hype again , you would of thought listening to the forecast yesterday that certain places the world was gonna end ,
Schools closed for snow for gods sake , there a war in Ukraine and they seem to be coping better than us with a few cm of sleet

I think that’s slightly unfair, but also I agree with it to a point - ie in general we can’t deal with it, but also we don’t get major snow often widespread across the UK so is it really worth spending the cash to deal with something that happens only every few years.

Seems to me that the weather bods have got it about right and about in the right places. Proactive measures like closing Snake/Woodseats and A66 were sensible especially when you read that loads of people have been stuck on the M62 for hours overnight.

Happy Trucker1:

A few cms of snow , looks more than that on that car roof , I’d guess 6 inches

Interesting comment on “Today” about snow.
Some tolls and entry systems work on ANPR: snow blocking number plate, so you need to climb out clean plates.

Not experienced it myself.
Anyone?

Just depends what car you have , my mrs fiesta st ( tuned to 300 hp ) with wide tyres is hopeless in snow , my focus (140 hp ) + relatively thin tyres goes ok
My girl , notts has got taxi to work , sensible

A65F525C-55EF-486F-A005-18D18A684195.jpeg

peirre:
Well looks like Friday is a no go, I can’t even drive off the road outside my house as I live at the bottom of a 650m hill. It didn’t help that a neighbour had dumped their car in front of mine so I was unable to get a rolling start without having to drive around it.

My girl has got a taxi !! I’ve no idea of conditions in notts but makes more sense than getting stuck / smashing up your car , my mrs has done the same on various occasions over the years when I was not here to take her , a few pounds is better than loosing a days pay , though mrs / daughter afaia could ring in unable to get to work & get paid as plenty did yesterday , so mrs told me
Or you could get a job sun- thurs like me !!

Had a fair bit of snow yesterday and last night. Local roads are awful but main roads as always will be fine.

Unless people use the roads they never clear.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

dozy:
Just depends what car you have , my mrs fiesta st ( tuned to 300 hp ) with wide tyres is hopeless in snow , my focus (140 hp ) + relatively thin tyres goes ok
My girl , notts has got taxi to work , sensible

There’s something in that. My Mrs has a little toyota aygo, 65 plate, 1 litre engine, its ideal for her little trips and I call it a battle tank because it doesn’t break and never gives up on anything, it amazing. In the snow she can tootle around passing all other vehicles that are stuck/struggling.

It’s defo the car because its not her skill bearing in mind it’s nkt an accelerator pedal to her, apparently its “go button” :unamused: :laughing: