SNOW

ITS GOING TO SNOW EVERY WHERE TOMOZ SO JUST SAYING DRIVE CARFULLY OK :sunglasses:

Just seen reports of snow flurrys in Norfolk and wiltshire, but none here in London yet… no sign of snow clouds either…

Lets Be Careful out there people… :unamused: :unamused:

we have about 3inches outside already and still snowing

take care all those that are driving

The reports of flurries in Norfolk are accurate. I saw them myself. My car now looks like an iceberg… I’ll need a chisel to get in it tomorrow.

On Teesside we have abour 3in of snow and its snowing very hard at the moment! dont come this way tonight or tomorrow unless you can help it!

So much for the gritters we have a warning from the police not to use the A19 unless urgent!

If it’s that cold, gritters are actually more harm than good. The salt will lower the freezing point by 10 degrees or so, but after that, it’ll just freeze again. And with snow, it’s also not as much use as it could be. Good luck guys, and stay safe out there.

Talking of snow when is it right to refuse to go outâ– â– ?

Wehn you don’t feel that you can do the run safely or legally in the conditions as they stand. If you get out there, and it looks to dangerous to continue, pull over and call your boss.

Nothing yet here in essex, but we are looking at getting it around 3am and all this morning coming, so beware… M11… i’ll say no more! :blush:

take care guys… and be careful out there…

From Police
A171 Teesside to Whitby is closed for all vehicles
A19 north Teesside flyover to Hartlepool is now closed to all but 4 wheel drive

Ask your boss if hes got anything going to Newark , it has only snowed once in the 10 years i have lived here and it looks like we are going to miss it again.

bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml

It,s not for me but i,m sure the kids would love to see it;);).

snows now falling in east lancs…

jammymutt:
Ask your boss if hes got anything going to Newark , it has only snowed once in the 10 years i have lived here and it looks like we are going to miss it again.

bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml

It,s not for me but i,m sure the kids would love to see it;);).

Ha the BBC says it wont snow here tonight either! :unamused:

I know you will be glad you are not here at the moment. I have a turn from Kansas City to Des Moines IA every Monday. I layover in a motel and return Tuesday morning.

Yesterday it snowed at least a foot in Des Moines. This morning I fought blowing snow for 60 miles. The temperature dropped to -8* f with a wind chill factor of -44* f. :open_mouth:

If I had cajones, they would have froze off!! :frowning:

Poor thing Hair, I’m sure you’ll cope.

wanders off to ponder why on earth she wants to go to a country that gets 2 foot of snow every winter…

No snow in Andover yet, but it is Brass Monkey’s outside! (My goose bumps have goose bumps!).
:laughing:
Dan.

Yeah its bad … we expect 3 foot tonight, still have to go though.

Pat Hasler:
Yeah its bad … we expect 3 foot tonight, still have to go though.

Isnt it funny how the Yanks allways have it BIGGER than everone else?

Just looked out the window & its snowing & settleing. Its my day off tomorrow but all you out there take care on the roads. :exclamation:

We had a couple of inches of snow when I made it home today. Not bad but it was stinkin cold. It has finally warmed up to a balmy 11* f. :blush:

The weather can never make up it’s mind. It was beautiful last week. In the 50’s. Mike replace a window upstairs. Our house is nearly 40 years old and we’ve been doing alot of remodeling. 4 more windows to go. YEAH!!

Oops! The train derailed…anyway… he he he… I hate it when that happens. :wink: