Snooper Truckmate

redbob:

BradCarTransporter:
The thing i find annoying about mine is that from time to time it won’t come up with a route,( it instead displays “no appropriate route” ) When i know there is a hgv friendly route.

yeah mine too, when going to Lafarge in Ferrybridge usually.

Also, my ‘truck friendly’ sat nav tries to send you up the tiniest of streets in order to keep you en-route when you miss a turn

Tomtom truck thinks a lot of industrial estates and Thamesport (names give a clue) are down roads that have hgv bans on them :unamused:

But it just says ‘no truck route found, use car route instead?’ and if you click yes, it’s still routed you as a truck all the way to the road with the hgv ban on it, but still keep my eyes open (as I always do) just in case…

Oh, and the dartford crossing north has a weight and height limit MUCH lower than it actually is, so it tries to route you either over the ferry or, once before I told it using map corrections, through the blackwall… :astonished:

hi
i also have this sat nav and think it’s great . i might be teaching my granny to ■■■■ eggs here but did you know that if you have the TM aerial plugged in or anything plugged in to the top socket on the sat nav the telly won’t work hope this helps

could anyone with a snooper s7000 truckmate tell me if there is a lag on there screen wilst in 3d mode of about 2 seconds.ie you go past a side road before the satnav doe,s
or go under a bridge in a motorway before it does.this happens on my 2010 model.but is ok in 2d mode.i no its only 2 seconds.but its just a bit annoying at times.
the latest software update is very good and solved a few more issues but still has a small lag in 3d mode.2 sec.2d mode is spot on

the rest of the satnav is very good and there updates are now avaliable online for the software and maps…yes you heard right!!! free map updates 180 mb…
the tv is very good on mine…m62 services all work fine and avonmouth m5…as i ve read some peaple have trouble with theres…bluetooth could be a bit louder
but is ok and never drops a connection to my blackberry…

had this unit for over six months now and never got stuck.just have to use a little common sense and get the settings right…

zippo105:
could anyone with a snooper s7000 truckmate tell me if there is a lag on there screen wilst in 3d mode of about 2 seconds.ie you go past a side road before the satnav doe,s
quote]

Ye Zippo, I have the s2000 and mine does the same, small price to pay for a ■■■■ hot tool. wish i had got the big brother now. Its priceless when you work in Norfolk, the land with most misleading, or non-existant roadsigns in this land

I have the S7000 truckmate, I wouldn’t say that the lag was 2 secs, nearer 1. It tells you well in advance aswel and zooms in. I find it a good bit of kit and aslong as you can see a transmitter well enough the tv picture is wicked.

mine suffered with a lag problem that was quite bad when i first got it , i phoned the help line up to ask for advise and was told by the prick on the other end of the phone that it was’nt possible :imp: i solved it by turning all the poi’s off that i did’nt need , they are all switched on at setup , or mine was anyway , it helped no end …i think its trying to update the screen with too much info on it if you leave them all on.

got to say that i’m not usually a satnav fan but its a good piece of kit

The s7000 is great, if setup properly, weights height etc, mines never had me going down routes I shouldn’t be etc. As for the tv have u tuned in the tv for where you are otherwise you’ll get nothing, the external aerial helps boost signal. Also over the same route the snooper routes better than a Tom Tom truck.

Just one point I’d like to ask;

Did everyones come with speed cameras installed as mine has none! :frowning: :confused:

redbob:

Did everyones come with speed cameras installed as mine has none! :frowning: :confused:

No you have to get it

gogzy:

redbob:

No you have to get it

How? Buy it?

redbob:

gogzy:

redbob:

No you have to get it

How? Buy it?

Yep I think u can do it when u update, I can’t really remember

cheers for your replys for the snooper lag …will turn the poi.s off on the screen and test it…as you say a good sat nav thats getting better with every update

thanks

Does the Snooper Truckmate allow you to load your own POI’s? If it does, what format are the files? Cheers Mick

Mick3911:
Does the Snooper Truckmate allow you to load your own POI’s? If it does, what format are the files? Cheers Mick

as of yet not managed to load any personal poi,s not heard of anyone managing it yet
i have heard of peaple sending poi,s to snooper and thay get added to the downloadable list
on the website there is a poi downloader/updater which adds and removes poi,s from your unit
and a map updater tool which does your software updates as well…

gogzy:

redbob:

gogzy:

redbob:

No you have to get it

How? Buy it?

register the unit to get the speed camera updates .mine had none when took it out of box 29 quid a year up front thou :frowning: but well worth it does all the correct speeds for a truck never gets it wrong

zippo105:

gogzy:

redbob:

gogzy:

redbob:

No you have to get it

How? Buy it?

register the unit to get the speed camera updates .mine had none when took it out of box 29 quid a year up front thou :frowning: but well worth it does all the correct speeds for a truck never gets it wrong

and you get plenty of warning, usually 500 metres from the cameras

waynedl:
Tomtom truck thinks a lot of industrial estates and Thamesport (names give a clue) are down roads that have hgv bans on them :unamused:

But it just says ‘no truck route found, use car route instead?’ and if you click yes, it’s still routed you as a truck all the way to the road with the hgv ban on it, but still keep my eyes open (as I always do) just in case…

Oh, and the dartford crossing north has a weight and height limit MUCH lower than it actually is, so it tries to route you either over the ferry or, once before I told it using map corrections, through the blackwall… :astonished:

Even V860 maps do this. :unamused: I once had to go from Thamesport to Tilbury, via the Blackwall Tunnel :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Any idea how it does in N.Ireland/Rep Ireland??

If your going anywhere inside the M25 forget the snooper as it’s a waste of time…also when watching the tv to scroll down the channels is a ■■■■■■ nightmare the touch screen is unresponsive or does something completely different to what you want to watch bloody annoying at times!!

Mick3911:

i just got an email reply from the snooper poi bloke about this very subject , they will make you a poi if you send them the info in the correct file type , i told him in my email i did’nt understand all that stuff but he did’nt seem interested in helping at all .

if you go to the snooper poi website it tells you what to do but its no good if you dont undestand what its on about .
i have to be honest here and say this is not the first time i’ve contacted snooper for help/advise and they have never shown any interest what so ever . it a good satnav in my opinion but i’m dreading something going wrong with it because i doubt they would be of any help .