Snooper Truckmate

Hi, i have just bought a Snooper truckmate off one of our drivers and i can’t get the tv to work, i have the external aerial and registered the unit but i can’t get the tv to work, can anybody assist thanks,

iam looking at getting one off them any good

hill1:
Hi, i have just bought a Snooper truckmate off one of our drivers and i can’t get the tv to work, i have the external aerial and registered the unit but i can’t get the tv to work, can anybody assist thanks,

tomsd1989:
iam looking at getting one off them any good

hill1:

Does’nt look like it :slight_smile: :wink:

To be honest i’m not a big fan of Sat Nav’s but with it looking like i’m going back out on the road full time & it seems that most of my maps are out of date i decided to invest in one, i borrowed a couple of different Sat Nav’s from our drivers to trial run and the Snooper in my opinion is the best one, with regards to getting the tv to work it’s only something to pass the time whilst on break, the guy i brought it from he’s 72 and only used it once he hadn’t registered or updated it, he only bought because his wife was in the shop at the services.

I thought my tv was broken at first but it’s just ■■■■■ at picking up a signal, depends where you are mate sometimes I can get 30 odd channels then 10 miles down the road, not a sausage!!

As a sat nav they are the cats pyjamas. But as always with a bit common sense is the best way to use it. Once it tried send me down a 7.5 tonne road with no warning. Apart from that can’t fault it, use it every day more or less!

Thanks Dukeofdirt, so perserverance is the key do you bother with the internal aerial or just use the external one,

Yes mate just keep trying it. I plugged the external Ariel in once and it still picked up nothing so I’ve never bothered since. I usually just slide the internal ariel out and that usually does the trick, When it’s in a good mood. It’s a good tele once you get it working!!

My boss has just put in a AVN7000 snooper in my motor and I think its crap , it tries to send me down 7.5t roads all the time when theres a quicker route around that i know of and its not just once , from Harleston to our yard it sends you through to town of Bungay and its 7.5t and 8 miles further , save your money and get Tom Tom truck

Or save eleven more money and get a pronav

or a bloody road map.

CRISPY:
My boss has just put in a AVN7000 snooper in my motor and I think its crap , it tries to send me down 7.5t roads all the time when theres a quicker route around that i know of and its not just once , from Harleston to our yard it sends you through to town of Bungay and its 7.5t and 8 miles further , save your money and get Tom Tom truck

To be fair, that goes for sat navs in general

Do you switch to telly, press set, press scan then press start? If so, I can’t help you, I get a great TV signal on my one. Now the traffic warnings are another matter :neutral_face:

you got to scan the channels , and as long as you’re in a digi freeview area you will get loads .

as for it sending you down 7.5t limits , have you got it set right ■■ .
i do agree however , that it wont take no for an answer sometimes when you know a better route , its constantly trying to turn you around … :open_mouth:
not too long ago i would have told you dont bother with sat nav and to get a map and pencil . make sure tho that you update the maps .

bowser:
you got to scan the channels , and as long as you’re in a digi freeview area you will get loads .

as for it sending you down 7.5t limits , have you got it set right ■■ .
i do agree however , that it wont take no for an answer sometimes when you know a better route , its constantly trying to turn you around … :open_mouth:
not too long ago i would have told you dont bother with sat nav and to get a map and pencil . make sure tho that you update the maps .

I have mine set right and it tries to send me down 7.5t roads, even though they DO show as 7.5t on the screen! :open_mouth: :confused:

I have also noticed it would send you down a B road because its quicker (by only 1 minute) than staying on a motorway for a bit longer.

You need to attach an aerial to the outside of the truck as you won’t get a signal otherewise if it’s a digital tv. I have one of these and didn’t even know you could watch telly on it, although the screen is a bit small for that anyway.

Silver_Surfer:
You need to attach an aerial to the outside of the truck as you won’t get a signal otherewise if it’s a digital tv. I have one of these and didn’t even know you could watch telly on it, although the screen is a bit small for that anyway.

you dont always need the mag mount aerial to watch , it will sometimes work with the pull out one .
if you touch the picture when you watching the tele it will go to full screen…

Grahamy09:
or a bloody road map.

Not heard of that make of sat nav before! Any good? :-p

The thing i find annoying about mine is that from time to time it won’t come up with a route,( it instead displays “no appropriate route” ) When i know there is a hgv friendly route.

BradCarTransporter:
The thing i find annoying about mine is that from time to time it won’t come up with a route,( it instead displays “no appropriate route” ) When i know there is a hgv friendly route.

yeah mine too, when going to Lafarge in Ferrybridge usually.

Also, my ‘truck friendly’ sat nav tries to send you up the tiniest of streets in order to keep you en-route when you miss a turn

The mapping is getting better all the time
except for london where the london lorry control
is it trys to send you around the 18 tons signs 24 hours a day
not just when they operate apart from that getting better with
every update :smiley: .Dont knowabout t v only got 4.3 inch screen
shame the mount which holds it to wind screen is crap keeps falling of
and iam on my second one same problem so how the hell it holdthe 7 inch to screen i dont know. :confused: