Snooper s7000

Interesting considering downloading to my I phone but don’t know if the screen is a bit small to make the best of it.
Have to ask Santa for a I pad lol

I’ve just bought a snooper s7000 I’ll let you know what it’s like when it arrives.

Cheers for that

If you could let me know how it does that would be great.

Ive emailed Snooper to ask them about the Mac / PC issue.

Ill let you know.

Steve

I have got copilot truck on my HTC sensation, and had it on my iPhone previous to that. The screens on those were enough to make it useable, I would imagine it would be miles better on an iPad or android powered tablet

Scarab:
The best sat Nav system for trucks is an iPad running the Renault TruckNav App.

Huge screen, can be mounted in pretty much any position, runs for 8 hours between charging. Watch movies, live TV, listen to the radio, have all your music on there.

I also use it to do my daily check sheet on, sign delivery notes and has both emailed right to the office (and customer when needed)

Got an OS map of the whole UK loaded onto it as well which is very handy for finding farms.

The Renault App is brilliant, I’ve been using it for about a year now and it’s never taken me wrong, live traffic updates, you can put in all your days drops and it’ll plan them out in the best order if you want it to. You can also get it to show the right kind of fuel stations for your fuel card, and it can take you to them without loosing your main route.

It also works pretty well in the car.

I normally have it mounted low down so it doesn’t block the screen but those pics were taken on break.

What make is the iPad holder please? I’ve been searching for one suitable for a truck as needs a long enough arm to reach the windscreen and where did you purchase it from? Cheers

As I have said before …
Buy a road atlas FFS, what a waste of time and money satnavs are. Most people who drive around with them don’t trust them anyway. How many times I hear people asking directions, I give them and get the “well my sat nav say’s different” reply :laughing:

A guy was loading in our terminal on weds last week and was heading to one of my regular stops, when I said 'It should take you 4.5 to 5 hours to get there he looked shocked, “My Tom Tom says 2.3 hours each way” he said.
“Throw the damm thing out of the window them mate coz I have been doing that run for 5 years and 4.5 hours is the quickest” I told him.
Tru I have a truck sat nav on my smart phone but it only costs 1 cent a month and I use it to find the nearest food when I park up.

To be fair pat I use an atlas to get from town to town it’s just to find the delivery and collection address I use it for.

I only use mine for the bluetooth on the phone, for ETA requests and to home in on the drop. Course…I used too! :unamused:

the flying foden:
is this the same software you use ?
itunes.apple.com/gb/app/navtruck … 54876?mt=8

139 bucks!! :open_mouth:

Looks the dogs danglies tho.

I too was wondering where you got that iPad holder from■■?

My iPad holder on a 2007 FH is a quids worth of Velcro! Popped out the vent to the left of the steering wheel and stuck it there.

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.619518,-1.203523

This is the one I use, its supposedly for a netbook/small laptop
ultimate-mobiles.co.uk/mount … ___584.htm

£20 but solid as a rock and got a really good reach and adjustment on it. I got mine cheaper on eBay, think it was about £7, they go cheap as they aren’t exactly a big seller I don’t think.

I use a Sat Nav but only for finding where in a town or area a strange drop might be, the rest of the time i’ll use me own routes thankyou, so program it to make sure it goes my way to make use of the traffic info which can be invaluable but not a patch on the old Trafficmaster YQ unit.

Thats where Garmin comes into its own, models suffixed t have lifetime traffic subscription.

The ridiculous prices of truck specific sat navs guarantees i won’t be buying one, avoiding weight limits and low bridges is what a proper road atlas and common sense is for…there’s not a satnav or app any use whatsoever for car transporter or wide or fragile load drivers, not one of them tells you about low trees or roads unable to be navigated by the unusual.

Is there an App that tells you to stop for a P now.

I bought a snooper s5000 after my Tom Tom packed in and used it for the first time this week for a run to Holland. My only complaint is the graphics. It look’s like it was designed by a 4 year old. Should have stayed with Tom Tom,

Otter do a holder for the ipads :wink: Irish company but quite a range, they sell through distributors not direct though

I have the S7000,when you can plan up to 16 multi drops,it does not realise you have left drop A,and will keep sending back to drop A,when i am trying to get to drop B.It is the same for the rest of the route you have planned.
The green arrow is moving around.
One time it tried to send me under a 13 foot bridge even though i had entered the correct height of the trailer.Too high for that bridge.
When the planner rings up to say cancel some drops,you have to start all over again to enter the updated route,i know you can delete the route you are on,but it messes up the plan when some drops are cancelled or you have to do then in another way around for closing or opening times of premises.

I just don’t use that option much. Best way really, especially for me. Seems like a good idea but would use it for planning not for the end run if I had to.

i just do one drop,then put the address in for the next one,in case the phone goes to change it all.The TV does not work,and i have to do a scan in each area i stop in,it takes a few minutes,and most times the tv will not work,i move the aerial around the cab.

The volume is not loud enough,you can not have the radio on at the same time,as the voice is not strong enough.

Nevermind the renault truck satnav app scarab, have you got the talking cat that repeats what you say in a funny squeaky voice app? My stepdad has it on his Ipad, made me lol :smiley: