Snooper s7000

Hello

Just a little tech advice. Ive been torn between the TomTom and Snooper. Both appear very good but after a little bit of research Ive decided on the Snooper. However, Ive checked a little bit further it appears that the Snooper isn’t compatible with my Mac, only PC.

Does anyone know if this is the case. Does Snooper provide software for my Mac or is it just PC. If thats the care then I will have to go with the TomTom.

Cheers

Steve

Is the Tom Tom a hgv one or just a normal one?
I have a normal Tom Tom one and get by ok with it but I still use a degree of caution with it as it has tried to send me down some dodgy looking roads but have been told the snooper is pretty good for hgvs.

Try looking at this as an alternative I have used Garmin for the last 5 years and I am upgrading to one of these.They have really served me well the bluetooth for phone calls is a real help being a little deaf
GARMIN DEZL 560LT UK & EUROPE TRUCKING SAT NAV

Go with the Tom Tom the only thing a snooper is good for is the freeview tv when your stuck in traffic

phone the snooper help line and ask them .

here you go … snooperneo.co.uk/ContactUs.cfm

Thetaff:
Go with the Tom Tom the only thing a snooper is good for is the freeview tv when your stuck in traffic

what makes you say that ?

Cos you try using it in london it thinks the night time ban for trucks lasts 24hrs and goes nuts if you drive down these said roads,has no regard for 7.5tn limits and will cost you 60 quid to upgrade it on their website…a good idea for a truck only sat nav,i can agree with but its not worth the money cos its very flawed…

Thetaff:
Cos you try using it in london it thinks the night time ban for trucks lasts 24hrs and goes nuts if you drive down these said roads,has no regard for 7.5tn limits and will cost you 60 quid to upgrade it on their website…a good idea for a truck only sat nav,i can agree with but its not worth the money cos its very flawed…

go on with ya bad self i use mine in london at least twice a week and i dont have a problem , i dont get any problems with 7.5t limits and its 85 quid to upgrade … facts are a wonderful thing you know …

you’ve probably got your settings wrong .

p.s one of our other drivers has one and as far as i know he dont have problems in london either .

Thetaff:

don’t agree with you at all on that one taff i have had one since 2009 and not had any problem with it upgrades for the speed cameras are free for life of the machine . and one map upgrade came with it also which came in the post on a disc when it was due . had no problem in London with it .though i will add i don’t do night deliveries in London . the free view is excellent and also you can load videos on a sd card to watch on it . :wink:

the flying foden:

Thetaff:

don’t agree with you at all on that one taff i have had one since 2009 and not had any problem with it upgrades for the speed cameras are free for life of the machine . and one map upgrade came with it also which came in the post on a disc when it was due . had no problem in London with it .though i will add i don’t do night deliveries in London . the free view is excellent and also you can load videos on a sd card to watch on it . :wink:

Morning big man :smiley: or should i say afternoon now lol maybe im using it wrong then as i went down severn sisters road the other day and it went ballastic so i had to turn the ■■■■■■ thing off!! :smiley:

Movies on a sd card now theres something i never knew happy days indeed!! :smiley: :smiley:

The best sat Nav system for trucks is an iPad running the Renault TruckNav App.

iPad1.JPG

Huge screen, can be mounted in pretty much any position, runs for 8 hours between charging. Watch movies, live TV, listen to the radio, have all your music on there.

I also use it to do my daily check sheet on, sign delivery notes and has both emailed right to the office (and customer when needed)

Got an OS map of the whole UK loaded onto it as well which is very handy for finding farms.

The Renault App is brilliant, I’ve been using it for about a year now and it’s never taken me wrong, live traffic updates, you can put in all your days drops and it’ll plan them out in the best order if you want it to. You can also get it to show the right kind of fuel stations for your fuel card, and it can take you to them without loosing your main route.

It also works pretty well in the car.

iPad2.JPG

I normally have it mounted low down so it doesn’t block the screen but those pics were taken on break.

what sort of money is the Renault TruckNav app ,and other software needed ?and is it available to every one as this may be a better idea for taff think he already as a ipad .cheers

Can you tell me where you got the os maps from please.■■

is this the same software you use ?
itunes.apple.com/gb/app/navtruck … 54876?mt=8

the flying foden:
what sort of money is the Renault TruckNav app ,and other software needed ?and is it available to every one as this may be a better idea for taff think he already as a ipad .cheers

It was about £90 when I got it I think, might have gone up a bit now, but it really is worth the money, just set your weight, height, axle weights etc and it will get you there without issue. It’s also got most industrial estates in its database, and it covers Europe too as part of the package.

matsgsi:
Can you tell me where you got the os maps from please.■■

There’s loads of apps for it, just search the appstore for Ordnance Survey and there’ll be whatever you want. I can’t remember the name of the one I use in that picture above but it shows OpenStreetMap, Google, Yahoo, Bing, OS and some other mapping services maps. If I can’t find where I need to go, there’s no excuse!

the flying foden:
is this the same software you use ?
itunes.apple.com/gb/app/navtruck … 54876?mt=8

That’s the one! looks like the ■■■■■■■ put the price up a bit eh!

I have the tomtom 7000 truck. It is really really good. Once you set up your weight, height and all that you will never ever see a low or weak bridge.

The only thing I don’t like about it is that if you aren’t paying attention and you miss a turn or whatever, it wants me to turn around in silly places.

I have been running the Renault Trucknav for a year too! The only issues are if you are delivering to a restricted or weight limited road, it throws a wobbler.

For ipad free os maps, search for sustrans on app store, and download the free app which is designed for showing cycle routes. When I am looking for a farm, I run the satnav in the background and see my position on the os maps. Works a treat.

Is there any apps where all the data is downloaded so no phone signal is required?

matsgsi:
Is there any apps where all the data is downloaded so no phone signal is required?

yes, most of the satnav apps do that. co pilot and tom tom apps do.