Smoking

I’m the only driver that uses my truck and spend all week away in it. Does this mean i can smoke in it?

Mr.Shep:
I’m the only driver that uses my truck and spend all week away in it. Does this mean i can smoke in it?

its still a workplace even if you live in it, when you take hols does anyone else ever use it? when its serviced etc do the fitters ever get in the cab?
NO you cant smoke in it :smiley:

I wouldn’t worry too much about smoking in it.

Mr.Shep:

In the eyes of the law (BS), technicly no but if i smoked i wouldn’t give a ■■■■ :laughing:

Its a work vehicle only used by one person. I’ve heard that because I live in it then yes I can so long as I don’t smoke x amount of hours before someone else gets in, i.e. a fitter.

i smoke in mine even when i am on way to get it serviced, it has never been refused to be looked at in the workshop, and was told by my local council that they weren’t interested in me smoking in it, as i was the only driver, but i think it’s each councils intreputation of the law, but its been done to death on here harry monk got all the answers or look at this

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82772&hilit=+smoking#p1129520

oh and also company policy as well, they might call it gross missconduct if its in your terms and conditions

I know it’s personal. But how the hell can someone sleep, in a smelly fume filled truck? :confused:

Some of the trucks I’ve driven over the years would have probally been improved if the previous driver had chain smoked roll ups rather than live on a dirt of cabbage and guiness and changed there socks occasionally.

Mr.Shep:
Its a work vehicle only used by one person. I’ve heard that because I live in it then yes I can so long as I don’t smoke x amount of hours before someone else gets in, i.e. a fitter.

There is a lot of MMTM nonsense going on about exclusions to the law but as far as I can tell there are all just that - nonsense.

By the letter of the law it is illegal to smoke in any truck. In practice though everyone else smokes in theirs so if I were a smoker I would probably ignore the law.

Paul

a work friend of mine was unfortunate 2 b fined twice. 4 smoking in the truck, and then flicking out of the window. i dont smoke, but when i drove 4 imr transport they used 2 use my truck over the weekend and it used 2 stink of smoke some times. mind u smoke lingers so even if u get out of the cab 2 smoke, usually u can still smell it 4 days after.

I smoke in my lorry all day. I don’t give a fig what the council thinks of me. :smiley:

Smoking doesnt just leve a horrible smell, it coats the inside of the truck wtih a sticky layer of tar, witch can cause problems with electrics aswell as it coats the contacts on switches and causes them to stop working aswell as genrally making the cab a horrible place to be as everythings sticks and mucky

AHT:
Smoking doesnt just leve a horrible smell, it coats the inside of the truck wtih a sticky layer of tar, witch can cause problems with electrics aswell as it coats the contacts on switches and causes them to stop working aswell as genrally making the cab a horrible place to be as everythings sticks and mucky

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: The above post was brought to you in partnership with Iveco, New Labour and ASH - the stop smoking experts.

AHT:

That’ll be why my tachograph periodically stops working. :wink:

AHT:
it coats the inside of the truck wtih a sticky layer of tar, witch can cause problems with electrics aswell as it coats the contacts on switches

Mate I don’t smoke but I am an engineer and that is total ■■■■■■■■. Smoke does not interfere with the electrics in a truck. That is yet another MMTM

m4rky:

AHT:
it coats the inside of the truck wtih a sticky layer of tar, witch can cause problems with electrics aswell as it coats the contacts on switches

Mate I don’t smoke but I am an engineer and that is total ■■■■■■■■. Smoke does not interfere with the electrics in a truck. That is yet another MMTM

Be fair, as MMTM’s go it’s a good one! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Happydaze:

Yep, I’ve read some crap on here in my time but that just about takes the biscuit!

Happydaze:

m4rky:

AHT:

No sorry Happydaze I can’t be fair as it really is total ■■■■■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I never thought that I would stick up for smokers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Harry Monk:

Happydaze:

Yep, I’ve read some crap on here in my time but that just about takes the biscuit!

Agreed mate!

AHT:

But not smoking can cause a person’s imagination to become over-excited. :wink: