Smoking in your truck

I’ve been led to believe that a commercial vehicle comes under the smoking ban if more than one person drives/travels in it,eg mechanic,shunter,another driver,etc.Is this correct?Please feel free to correct me if I’ve been told wrong

has far as im aware , if its a place of work then the smoking ban applies, but im sat at the side of the A1 near berwick, im out 4 nights a week so this is my home and i will smoke when i want to

A member here has a letter stating as he is the sole user of the vehicle the smoking ban does not apply… if you search you can probably find the original post.

I am the only one that uses my truck and i was find £60 reduced to £30 if you pay it with in two weeks.
It comes under smoking in the work place. You can also be find £200 on the spot if you let a passenger smoke in the motor too.

wonka77:
I am the only one that uses my truck and i was find £60 reduced to £30 if you pay it with in two weeks.
It comes under smoking in the work place. You can also be find £200 on the spot if you let a passenger smoke in the motor too.

Same as that, im the only one who drives it but if im caught smoking in it by the wrong authority its a fine.
Its also law that a no smoking sticker has to be on the drivers side window, i kid you not!
I dont have alot to worry about though as i smoked my last smoke 5 years ago.

Fine comes afterwards ! its instant dismissal at our place ! :open_mouth:

who gave you the fine?

limeyphil:
who gave you the fine?

Dundee City Council. :imp:

truckerone:
has far as im aware , if its a place of work then the smoking ban applies, but im sat at the side of the A1 near berwick, im out 4 nights a week so this is my home and i will smoke when i want to

I have a mate who owns his own pub, it’s his home but he can’t smoke in the bar. :unamused:

altitude:
I have a mate who owns his own pub, it’s his home but he can’t smoke in the bar. :unamused:

I’m pretty sure he can when he’s finished work.Pub closed,engine off,etc… :sunglasses:

wonka77:

limeyphil:
who gave you the fine?

how did they get your name and address?

limeyphil:

wonka77:

limeyphil:
who gave you the fine?

how did they get your name and address?

I could have gave them a false name and address but they took the trucks reg no and with the company name along the side in massive letters they would have got me in the end.

Trev_H:

Whos’ that Trev?
Food carting or fuel??
I remember years ago when i did my ADR (that i never ever used again!) i went out with driver for the day carrying gas bottles, we had to smoke about a hundred yards away from the truck, understandably!

I was also caught in Dundee by two environmental health gimps. Got off with it by showing them one of them fake ■■■■ that I always carry in my bag for such occasions.

Enviro’ gimps done a driver at our place without even stopping him, took company name off curtains along with reg and contacted our manager who ‘by law’ had to pass on drivers details for them to send out the fine!! This was in Scotland.

Gembo:

Trev_H:

Whos’ that Trev?
Food carting or fuel??
I remember years ago when i did my ADR (that i never ever used again!) i went out with driver for the day carrying gas bottles, we had to smoke about a hundred yards away from the truck, understandably!

Down Hill Logistics ! I carry double glazing, very flammable that is :unamused:

Trev_H:

Gembo:

Trev_H:

Whos’ that Trev?
Food carting or fuel??

Down Hill Logistics ! I carry double glazing, very flammable that is :unamused:

LOL, 'kin double glazing FFS! :laughing: I could of understood if it was Marks and Spencer or Samworths etc!

The actual law states that a " Vehicle must be smoke free at all times if they are used
a) To transport members of the public or
b) are used , or can be used, in the course of paid or voluntary work by more than
one person- regardless of whether they are in the vehicle at the same time
The vehicle must display a no smoking sign no smaller than 70 mm in dia in each compartment of the vehicle where people can be carried."

" The above does not apply if the vehicle has no roof " :laughing: :laughing:

Hi,

As per AA website on the new laws, you can smoke if you are Sole driver in England and wales, in Scotland it is banned altogether.

Here a Link

theaa.com/motoring_advice/le … iving.html

HTH

Gareth

wonka77:

limeyphil:
who gave you the fine?

In England and Wales if you an prove you are the sole driver you cant be fined,in Scotland its against the law full stop…i think