Smoking in the cab?

i opted out of the smoking ban…around the same time my firm opted out of the 48 hour weekly average and the 10 hour night workers rule. :wink:

commonrail:
i opted out of the smoking ban…around the same time my firm opted out of the 48 hour weekly average and the 10 hour night workers rule. :wink:

Lol spot on!

If i was told i’m not allowed to smoke in the truck i’d either carry on until i was sacked or would just leave, dont know how companies think they can enforce silly rules like these then expect to pay drivers a ■■■■ wage, expect long hours, then hand out a bollocking when your 10mins late to a drop.

I’m allowed to smoke in my cab because it’s a Designated Smoking Area.

and as for wiping the steering wheel coz a smoker touched it…wtf :unamused: did you know 1 in 4 bank notes have traces of human excreta on them.
man the ■■■■ up…ffs

commonrail:
and as for wiping the steering wheel coz a smoker touched it…wtf :unamused: did you know 1 in 4 bank notes have traces of human excreta on them.
man the [zb] up…ffs

I don’t spend up to 10 hours a day touching banknotes.

Harry Monk:
I’m allowed to smoke in my cab because it’s a Designated Smoking Area.

Haha nice work there!!

coreysboys:
smokers.

There are very few exemptions to the ban, .

Actors in England are not prevented from smoking if it is important to the artistic integrity of the performance.

Darling ,
I can assure that there is more than the fair share of Drama Queens smoking and non smoking out there .
They just dont carry an equity card. :unamused:

Obeying the law has never been a strong point of mine, So i smoke in the cab.
If they want me to stop, then they can send me to prison. but then again, i can smoke in there. :smiley:

waddy640:

commonrail:
man the [zb] up…ffs

You don’t need to…transfer of bacteria is instantaneous

Driver has been done for it.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … d-260.html

commonrail:

waddy640:

commonrail:
man the [zb] up…ffs

I was referring to the smell that lingers.

Long distance clara:

One driver back in 2007 who was unlucky to be in the wrong place at the wrong time it seems

Don’t worry about being a non smoker jump in my ashtray[cab] and within minutes you’ll be on 60 a day whether I am in it or not but I will admit…on occasions
it’s B’awful.

waddy640:

commonrail:

waddy640:

commonrail:
man the [zb] up…ffs

I was referring to the smell that lingers.

What…a smoker touches the steering wheel,and the smell lingers?

I report EVERY driver that smokes in my cab,don’t really care less what people think of me or about me as I don’t smoke and it’s against the law and it’s our company policy that people don’t smoke in the cabs.
Couldn’t really give a toss if other drivers smoke in their cabs,that’s down to them but what the inconsiderate of the smoking paternity don’t realise is that it makes your upholstery,bedding and the roof linings stink.
I suffer from an allergy to smoke and won’t stand next to someone smoking as within 10mins I’ll be coughing and sneezing like a lunatic.
It’s just a personal thing,I don’t like smoking,each to their own but can someone answer me a question,why do companies insist on putting “cancer corner”( smoking areas) where you have to walk past them?

jase:
I report EVERY driver that smokes in my cab,don’t really care less what people think of me or about me as I don’t smoke and it’s against the law and it’s our company policy that people don’t smoke in the cabs.
Couldn’t really give a toss if other drivers smoke in their cabs,that’s down to them but what the inconsiderate of the smoking paternity don’t realise is that it makes your upholstery,bedding and the roof linings stink.
I suffer from an allergy to smoke and won’t stand next to someone smoking as within 10mins I’ll be coughing and sneezing like a lunatic.
It’s just a personal thing,I don’t like smoking,each to their own but can someone answer me a question,why do companies insist on putting “cancer corner”( smoking areas) where you have to walk past them?

Typical of the selfish attitude of so many lorry drivers these days, stuff everyone else, I’m alright.

Too right Waddy,I don’t really want to spend 5 nights away in a cab stinking of smoke just because a driver can’t stop occasionally and have a ■■■ outside.
Like I mentioned to one manager of mine,are people allowed to smoke in your office?,well no,well I don’t like them smoking in mine either!,
As I said earlier Waddy,each to their own,it’s just how I feel about the subject.

Long distance clara:

Yeah but that was in the first month or two of the ban.
What about recently?

jase:

Anything else to moan about seeing as your on a roll?

coreysboys:
Well companies say its illegal. Personally, selfish #### that I am, have always smoked in the cab regardless of silly stickers warning me otherwise.
I do, however, make sure the cab is dusted and properly freshened up prior to the end of my shift ready for the next non smoking driver to use it. Seems reasonable to me.

Seems reasonable to me as well and I’m a none smoker for the past 24 years.

Personally I couldn’t care less if people smoke in the cab if they leave it in a reasonable condition, I got into a vehicle a few weeks ago and there was tobacco spilt of the floor, ash all over the cab and it stunk of ash and tobacco.

I opened the windows got a brush and cleaned it out, but I have to admit I came very close to reporting the selfish prick that left it like that :imp:

It’s not unreasonable to expect people who smoke in the cab to have some consideration for those who may have to use the vehicle after them, if you don’t want to be reported leave the vehicle clean and aired, surely that’s not asking too much.