Smoking in the cab

Colin_scottish:

tommymanc:

Coolrider:
The police don’t carry out enforcement for smoking it’s local authorities that are supposed to enforce it. Personally with everything going on in the world today I think there are far more things to worry about than a truck driver having a ■■■ in his or her cab!

“Get pulled over, sir/madam you was smoking in your truck!”
“Right?”
“it’s illegal”
“Oh, do you like to eat?”
“erm yeah”
“Find a new driver to move this dumped truck that is full of food, heading to your local supermarket!”

How I always imagine a conversation would go if I got pulled over having a smoke whilst driving. I think it’s stupid, I use the same truck each day, don’t share it with anyone other then an agency driver if i’m of sick/holiday. But I won’t smoke in the car with the little one, never have done never will do.

And the fact it’s the same case, the police can’t enforce it, yet the HSE or who ever the [zb] it is that can can’t stop you to enforce it.

So you would act like a ■■■■ then.So you dont want your kid exposed to your smoke but your happy to do it in a company truck were other may have to use it.

You make 2 realy good points here, I would like to expand on, I would be a ■■■■ yes HSE or who ever cant stop me, and police can’t do me for it, period ■■■■ them ■■■■ them both.

I the main point I want to point out you made its this,

So you dont want your kid exposed to your smoke but your happy to do it in a company truck were other may have to use it.

I’m asthmatic, yes I know I’m not doing my body any favours smoking that crap, but air freshness… will put me on my knees gasping for air with the first inhale of the ■■■■, imo much worst then smoking, should I as an asthmatic employee have to put up with them?

Quick Edit, Asthma is a medical condition. So ■■■■ all ya with your 5000 tress hanging from the rails

Quick edit 2, dont get me wrong I’m not a tool, say for example if I’m dropping another driver off I know doesn’t smoke at XyZ, and I wanted to light up If they say “please dont” or wtc wtc, I wont I’d ask said driver if they didn’t mind, same with my personal vehicle, My best friend doesn’t smoke and every time we are out and about in my car i ask him, and the times I’m in his car I won’t smoke.

OllieNotts:
All this ‘I can smell smoke in a cab’ is ■■■■■■■■ to a point, if like me the driver cleans up end of every shift and I do that now even though I tramp mon to fri there shouldn’t be a problem. I’d invite anyone into my cab and unless you saw me smoking you’d have absolutely no idea and that’s a fact :sunglasses: I also never smoke in a non smokers vehicle because it’s rude.

Sorry bud, I think it’s you who is talking ■■■■■■■■.
I can not speak for your Dad, or anyone else, only me.
I ■■■■ hate the smell of stale smoke, I know right away if somebody has smoked in a truck and go ■■■■ ape ■■■■ if they have.
Any attempt to cover it up, an anti smoker like me will smell it, fact …end of.
I say I am anti smoking but only in my truck/car/home.
I do not like it in public places, (used to hate it in pubs and cafes but tolerated it) but respect the fact that some people want to smoke or smoke themselves to they die for all I care.

Oh dear. I need to agree with you here Rob!

happysack:
Oh dear. I need to agree with you here Rob!

Now that didn’t hurt did it. :smiley:

Yes actually. Looks like I’ll have to go and self medicate. When does the pub open?

Christ what am I saying? The “you can’t drink if you are going to drive next month” brigade will be all over that.

dri-diddly-iver:

Dipper_Dave:
Do have a sneaky puff out the window though when parked up for the evening.

Easier for him now it’s warmer nights though eh :wink:

:slight_smile:
Yep in winter the poor bugger was always hanging onto the wing mirror screaming ‘let me in’, ‘let me in’…
But I’m a giver not a receiver.

robroy:
I [zb] hate the smell of stale smoke, I know right away if somebody has smoked in a truck and go [zb] ape [zb] if they have.

+1
As a semi reformed smoker myself (cut down from 30 a day to 4) and vape the rest of the time I can instantly tell if a cab has been smoked in, partly due to a slightly improved sense of smell and also it triggers a craving or if I’m topped up on vape a sickly feeling.

Don’t get me wrong I can still smoke with the best of em when on the lash but mostly it’s vamping for me.

I blame the 12 year old version of me who thought he was cool sucking on a veggie to fit in with the cool kids.

Dipper_Dave:

robroy:
I [zb] hate the smell of stale smoke, I know right away if somebody has smoked in a truck and go [zb] ape [zb] if they have.

+1
As a semi reformed smoker myself (cut down from 30 a day to 4) and vape the rest of the time I can instantly tell if a cab has been smoked in, partly due to a slightly improved sense of smell

Yeh, love it how the heavy smokers on here insist emphatically that we can’t smell all the ■■■■ they have left for us to suffer because…the window was open or some other ■■■■■■■■.:unamused:

It’s because their nasal passages and sense of smell are absolutely ■■■■ ed :laughing: so they think a quick squirt of Fabreze sorts it. :laughing:
The delusion, not to mention arrogance of some smokers is far superceded, or at least as bad as the type of non smoker who wants it banned …just because they do not smoke…not me btw as I have said previously, before anybody starts. :bulb:

Had security approach me once saying I couldn’t vape in the cab as its a no smoking site. The smile and jobsworthy nature of his demeanor triggered my ‘wonder what he tastes like’ alter (long story, unable to integrate, controlled with meds and counselling etc).

Anyway for his safety I shut me curtains and vaped like a trooper.

Stealth vaping reminds me of the secret smoking days at school, sneaking round the back of the bike sheds for a cheeky smoke, paying Lisa from the year above 50p to show us her ■■■■ then everyone paying me 50p not to get me todger out, Ahhhh good times.

Hey Uncle Dave. You mentioned sucking on veg when you were 12. Did you ever try fruit too?

I love having my plums sucked.

Here’s a question for all the delicatly fragile perfect non smoker souls like myself :smiley: .
(Smokers need not answer as I know what your answer will be anyway for reasons already stated, and that true to form you wouldn’t give a ■■■■ anyway. )

Can you smell the after effects of someone vaping in your truck, I know it won’t be as bad as tobacco smoke, but does it smell and does it last as long.
Just curious.

eagerbeaver:
Hey Uncle Dave. You mentioned sucking on veg when you were 12. Did you ever try fruit too?

I love having my plums sucked.

Blooming freudian slip.
One of me teachers was knick named veggie as he was a staunch vegan, wouldn’t accept any meat by mouth, other orifices not so fussy allegedly.
Ahh the joys of private education made me the trucker I am today.

I am a clean living type Rob, and I cant say I have ever smelt vaping smoke.

Then again, I don’t know what it would smell like anyway.

So really, I’ve not said anything useful. No change there then…

You would have thought Uncle D that I should have learnt by now not to drink tea whilst reading your posts!

My lappy cant cope with any more tea spilt on it.

robroy:
Here’s a question for all the delicatly fragile perfect non smoker souls like myself :smiley: .
(Smokers need not answer as I know what your answer will be anyway for reasons already stated, and that true to form you wouldn’t give a [zb] anyway. )

Can you smell the after effects of someone vaping in your truck, I know it won’t be as bad as tobacco smoke, but does it smell and does it last as long.
Just curious.

Things can get a bit fruity depending on flavour and amount of juice being burnt per ■■■■, sub ohm vapers can blow off some right clouds.
Also reports of film on screen depending on juice chemistry.

I prefer 1.2 ohm wicks as I’m not sub ohm yet + I like the ciggy style draw and ■■■■ rather than a pure ■■■■ from a sub ohm puffer.

Horses for courses really some like lots of little ■■■■■ others prefer one bug ■■■■.
Edit: oh alright, that’s what she said. Etc

Those not familiar with ohms and vaping consider anything above 1ohm as liter vaping, sub ohm (0.2 etc) as more ■■■■■■■■■■■.

I also think deep throaters need thicker juice.

robroy:
The delusion, not to mention arrogance of some smokers is far superceded, or at least as bad as the type of non smoker who wants it banned :

Non smokers and ex smokers are a whiny bunch, often they have dirty cabs you could scrape the filth off the dash and dirty black steering wheels but go crazy about someone that smokes in the cab they practically live in and clean down daily making it a clean nice smelling liveable space. As annoying as the liberal lefty ■■■■■ that need their voice heard but don’t give a ■■■■ what others say it’s always their way and their way only zzzzz :unamused:
Get over yourselves :stuck_out_tongue:

robroy:
Just curious.

It depends, Rob. There are some ruddy putrid smelling liquids. Hangsen RY4 and Vanilla Custard are the two that spring immediately to mind. The former leaves a residual smell akin to 500 freshly steamed golden syrup sponge puddings and the latter just reeks. Sickly, cloying, downright awful the pair of them. In my opinion, of course.

When I vape near anything others have to use/handle/put up with, I tend to use plain liquid. I don’t really need the flavour now, it’s more the physical sensation and a bit of nicotine for the concentration - and to stop me eating half pound bags of mint imperials all the time. The same would apply in a cab, plain liquid that doesn’t film up the windows and leave a stink.

Supatramp:
Is there any danger of anybody actually answering the OP’s question■■? Flamin eck!!! :unamused:

lol :grimacing: whilst at stobrats, I had the main woman from Trafford in environmental health to come into the Trafford park depot! :smiley: she got the then transport manager to open all the cab doors, smelling of smoke and " as he knowingly let drivers smoke! " fined him £2500! How the little bar steward wriggled out of that I don’t know! :unamused: one cab even had a night driver who smoked spliffs all shift and did nothing about! :open_mouth: even the lady from the environmental health said it was a stupid rule " in trucks! " :bulb: the law is an ass :wink:

OllieNotts:
Non smokers and ex smokers are a whiny bunch, often they have dirty cabs you could scrape the filth off the dash and dirty black steering wheels but go crazy about someone that smokes in the cab they practically live in and clean down daily making it a clean nice smelling liveable space.

Well my cab interior is spotless, so let’s put that to bed.

As for making a regular smoker’s cab a…‘clean nice livable space’ that is down to both personal opinion, and depends on whether you are a smoker or a non smoker.
What you as a smoker consider a 'clean nice livable space, would more than likely be to me a ‘clean but smelly unlivable space’
Nothing personal mate, but as I said a smoker’s cab sounds like hell to me no matter how many air freshners you have hung up, so as long as I do not have to live in it, crack on.

OllieNotts:

robroy:
The delusion, not to mention arrogance of some smokers is far superceded, or at least as bad as the type of non smoker who wants it banned :

Non smokers and ex smokers are a whiny bunch, often they have dirty cabs you could scrape the filth off the dash and dirty black steering wheels but go crazy about someone that smokes in the cab they practically live in and clean down daily making it a clean nice smelling liveable space. As annoying as the liberal lefty [zb] that need their voice heard but don’t give a [zb] what others say it’s always their way and their way only zzzzz :unamused:
Get over yourselves :stuck_out_tongue:

The words “bell” and “end” spring to mind with this poster.