Smoking and Driving

Thought I had seen most things but today I saw something that really takes the biscuit.
An ambulance driver in Portsmouth puffing away at her cigarette…

Fine by me!
Those people do an amazing job for little money, little recognition and plenty of abuse.

As long as she whacks on the blue lights and puts the hammer down when someone in need could do with her being there quick, then she can puff away all she likes… and I HATE the smell of cigarettes.

Alex

and :question: :unamused:

Tobyjug:
Thought I had seen most things but today I saw something that really takes the biscuit.
An ambulance driver in Portsmouth puffing away at her cigarette…

ooh give her a public flogging proberly seen more death and destruction than all of us put together poor lass proberly needs a ■■■ :stuck_out_tongue:

biggusdickusgb:
and :question: :unamused:

exactly what i thought

Can’t see the problem either.

too many people running around worrying about what other people are doing. if she wants to smoke then so what? when she starts nicking patients wallets then i might have something to say about her

Exactly. mind your own bloody buisness.

Don’t worry Tobyug i am sure some self rightous person will take a pic of her smoking in an ambulance and sure her bosses will no doubt fire her over it.

Thats how F’d up our society is these days.

Blunder Man:

You obviously have not lost someone close as a result of passive smoking. If you had you would probably have taken a more grown up attitude.

Tobyjug:

Blunder Man:

You obviously have not lost someone close as a result of passive smoking. If you had you would probably have taken a more grown up attitude.

Come on Toby, is it REALLY that bad that she was smoking?

Tobyjug:

Blunder Man:

You my friend is what is wrong with this country today, you and noodles would be better starting your own forum, lets tell tales about all the naughty boys and girls we have seen.

You never know that paramedic might have just been to a seriuos RTA or picked up a child that was dieing.

people like you make me sick, you want to have a more mature attitude

My father was a smoker and died of lung cancer and emphsema, and I quit smoking 25 years ago,.

Its none of your buisness what she was doing in her private time.

I repeat mind your own bloody buisness.

I think that you are being a bit unfair to Tobyjug.

Seemed to me that he was pointing out two things.

one …it is illegal, assuming it was the ambulance she was driving.

two… it was the health proffessionals who landed us with the smoking ban, so it is a bit ironic that a member of the ambulance service should smoke at all.

having said that, I, like most posters on here feel that it should be a persons own decision to smoke in the cab whilst on their own.

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

Tobyjug:

Blunder Man:

You my friend is what is wrong with this country today, you and noodles would be better starting your own forum, lets tell tales about all the naughty boys and girls we have seen.

You never know that paramedic might have just been to a seriuos RTA or picked up a child that was dieing.

people like you make me sick, you want to have a more mature attitude

exactly, i know for sure i couldnt do the job they do,

my mate is a carer at a nursing home and gets rubbish pay yet he loves the job but he smokes and you knwo when one of his residents has just passed on, how he does it i will never know.

so just let her do what she wants tbh, what are we to worry about her smoking?

del949:
two… it was the health proffessionals who landed us with the smoking ban, so it is a bit ironic that a member of the ambulance service should smoke at all.

what a feed of ■■■■!

so all people that work within the medical trade have to give up smoking now because the GOVERNMENT gave us a smoking ban. it was the government not the medical people like paramedics and ambulance technicians!

does that include everyone that works at a hospital, IE cleaners, porters? what about first aid trained people? what about people that have been in hospital at anytime in their life? in fact ■■■■ it! if anyone lives within a 50 mile radius of a hospital or lives near a road that an ambulance MAY travel down has to give up smoking.

so ■■■■■■■ what if she was smoking. its her choice to kill herself by doing so so leave her alone. these men and women do an outstanding job for this country and i don’t give a ■■■■ what anyone says, leave them alone while they do their job or enjoy their break as they want!

get a life

Gibisa, yes it was the government who imposed the ban.
But it was the health authorities who asked for it in the first place.

I do not for a minute suggest that ANYONE should give up smoking, it is their choice.
I never suggested that she should not be allowed to smoke, but it is illegal to smoke in the workplace, even if it is an ambulance.
Why do you assume that she was on her break? I saw no mention of that in the original post.
If she was on her break why smoke in the cab when she could have got out and smoked at the side of the vehicle?
Just for the record, I smoke myself and have been known to light up whilst in the cab.

Health officals as in the people high up on the NHS, the advisors.

I doubt it was the nurses, paramedics and other staff who forced the smoking ban.

I am sure the nurse in Leeds was it who was raped when she wanted a ■■■ so had to leave the hospital grounds to go for a ■■■ wasn’t desperate for a smoking ban.

I believe the smoking ban is right in public “indoor” places even though i am a smoker, but as with everything else in this country, they go over the top with legislation and now you can’t even smoke outdoors in some places.

As well as always going over top with legislation, we are also good at producing self rightous jobsworths who will enforce such legislation.

I assume that British ambulances carry oxygen, if they do then it would be extemely dangerous and very foolhardy to smoke anywhere near them let alone sat in side the vehicle.

All I can add is that I wouldnt like to be stood by the side of that vehicle whilst she took a well earned drag.

get a life tobyjug, loser