Smoking and Driving

I’m a smoker but i have to say i agree with tobyjug. If it was a truck/van/taxi, then please yourselves, but an ambulance?! Surely ambulance’s by their nature have to be used as mobile operating theatre’s. Wouldn’t you find it a little strange to be wheeled into a hospital theatre to find a couple of gowned-up surgeons puffing away on tabs?! It’s not that she’s smoking, i don’t see a problem in her smoking on duty whatsoever, just seems a little inappropriate to me that she’s doing it in an ambulance.

del949:
having said that, I, like most posters on here feel that it should be a persons own decision to smoke in the cab whilst on their own.

Yes, if no-one else has to use it when they are finished.
I am an non-smoking agency driver and sometimes I feel sick when I get into a unit that the previous driver has been smoking in.
Last week I had to leave both windows open for TWO hours to get rid of the smell. It was so cold.
It is MY workplace also :frowning:

The word unhygenic springs to mind, if she turned up at an rta involving me and smelled remotely of ■■■■, i think i’d give her an open wound to match my own :open_mouth: shouting ‘get the ■■■■ away from me you unsanitary ■■■■■’ :exclamation:

Mikejk:
The word unhygenic springs to mind, if she turned up at an rta involving me and smelled remotely of ■■■■, i think i’d give her an open wound to match my own :open_mouth: shouting ‘get the [zb] away from me you unsanitary ■■■■■’ :exclamation:

i dont think you would! :open_mouth:

Well done Tobyjug…you started quite a good conversation here.

I don’t have a problem with driving and smoking…its the rolling of said ■■■ i have a problem with, especially on M25 between A12 and M11 in the mornings!!

Take no notice of the Get a life,loser jibes…just kids!

You are quite right though…all “public” service vehicles have a smoking ban too, You didn’t grass her up did you? This is just a topic you felt we could all chat about, yes?

del949:
‘…it was the health proffessionals who landed us with the smoking ban…’

We can hardly blame a kindred …albeit medically trained… wheel-monkey for all the World’s smoking related medical research, mate.

In order of obnoxiousness, such guilt by association would align us with: D/ D & D murderers, Ram-Raiders, motorists doing 52 mph in lane one, shiny 4x4’s & the Belgians…

Mikejk:
‘…shouting ‘get the **** away from me you unsanitary ■■■■■’…’

Brilliant…

(zb) your just a ■■■■■■■ brown nose

personal attack edited mm

Thank you! :unamused:

I think that having O2 in the back in live cylinders might have something to do with it…
The fire brigade boys start jumping up and down when there is a RTC with these invloved because they make a VERY big bang if lit!!!

If she want s to be a social leper and smoke than thats fine by me…

mr bluecity:
get a life tobyjug, loser

theres no need for that mate, even tho it was quite funny lol

i think you will find the oxygen is in safe cylinders and an ambulance driver having a quick ■■■ is hardly at risk from blowing herself up ffs. i would think if it was that risky then she is endangering her own life by sitting in an ambulance with leaking oxygen cylinders around her. :unamused:

Tobyjug:
‘…I saw something that really takes the biscuit…’

Crikey …all this banter about a medic tabbing (was it only baccy?) whilst overlooking the food handling aspect in this…

Have just recalled that I know a paramedic who on her admission regularly did blow alongside plod & Fire Rescue colleagues on shift.

I aint sayin nothing more…

what type of ambulance??
paramedic or just a transport ambulance?

if paramedic these are normally double crewed so where was the second person?

either way I don,t think it was right, in her profession too light up in the cab.