Smokeing in trucks

am i in my rights to refuse to drive a truck were somebody has been smokeing in it . got a08 truck had it fron new never smoked in it been on hols for a week back tommorrow herd certain casuel drivers agency had truck and been smokeing in it

Tut Tut, why don’t you just stick him in? :unamused: Could he refuse to drive your company truck if you left a smell when you vacated it?

Yes you can refuse to drive it and if your boss has any sense he’ll present you with your P45 and get a driver who isn’t so fussy.Get a life you numpty. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

DieselDemon:
Yes you can refuse to drive it and if your boss has any sense he’ll present you with your P45 and get a driver who isn’t so fussy.Get a life you numpty. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Well I was going to type out a long drawn out post about the whys and wherefores of this matter but Dieseldemon stole my thunder by hitting the nail right on the head :smiley:
Seriously, before setting off in your truck spewing carcenogens out from your exhaust which is most probably at the exact height of small children and kids in pushchairs maybe you should take a moment to reflect on how good your life is if that’s all you’ve got to worry about.

andy best:
am i in my rights to refuse to drive a truck were somebody has been smokeing in it . got a08 truck had it fron new never smoked in it been on hols for a week back tommorrow herd certain casuel drivers agency had truck and been smokeing in it

I’m 50% with you on this one, although I’d ask for some sort of air freshner to take away the horrible smell of the smoke instead and also call up the agency yourself and get the driver in the ■■■■ for smoking in your truck. I know a lot of drivers are going to try and shoot me down for what I’ve just said, but my view on it is if you want to smoke, do it in a way that doesn’t inconvenient others. I hate the smell of old ■■■ smoke and it instantly annoys me when I smell it.

From what I understand of the law on this - which is not a lot !! - you can refuse to breathe in smoke which is currently active (passive smoking) but there is nothing, as far as I know, that refers to the actual residual smell.

If we could refuse to drive vehicles with smells then that would open up a whole can of worms !!
Do cans of worms smell when open ■■? :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Adam_Mc:

andy best:

I’m 50% with you on this one, although I’d ask for some sort of air freshner to take away the horrible smell of the smoke instead and also call up the agency yourself and get the driver in the [zb] for smoking in your truck. I know a lot of drivers are going to try and shoot me down for what I’ve just said, but my view on it is if you want to smoke, do it in a way that doesn’t inconvenient others. I hate the smell of old ■■■ smoke and it instantly annoys me when I smell it.

“I’m 50% with you”■■? that’s a half hearted response isn’t it. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
You also need to get a life. :unamused:

DieselDemon:

Adam_Mc:

andy best:

I’m 50% with you on this one, although I’d ask for some sort of air freshner to take away the horrible smell of the smoke instead and also call up the agency yourself and get the driver in the [zb] for smoking in your truck. I know a lot of drivers are going to try and shoot me down for what I’ve just said, but my view on it is if you want to smoke, do it in a way that doesn’t inconvenient others. I hate the smell of old ■■■ smoke and it instantly annoys me when I smell it.

“I’m 50% with you”■■? that’s a half hearted response isn’t it. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not half hearted…just didn’t know how else to phrase my point. I wouldn’t refuse to drive it, but I’d ask for some sort of air freshner. And thank you for your suggestions about me needing to get a life. Unfortunately for you I already have one, but thank you. Are you likely to come up with any other original offences or are you quite done yet? :wink:

andy best:

how about you refuse to drive the truck, then come back on here and tell us what your boss has said :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Adam_Mc:

DieselDemon:

Adam_Mc:

andy best:

Not half hearted…just didn’t know how else to phrase my point. I wouldn’t refuse to drive it, but I’d ask for some sort of air freshner. And thank you for your suggestions about me needing to get a life. Unfortunately for you I already have one, but thank you. Are you likely to come up with any other original offences or are you quite done yet? :wink:

I haven’t made up my mind yet, 50% yes, 50% no. :laughing:

DieselDemon:

Adam_Mc:

DieselDemon:

Adam_Mc:

andy best:

I haven’t made up my mind yet, 50% yes, 50% no. :laughing:

Wow…is that what being a trolley dolly has done to your mind? :unamused:

Maybe your work mates are winding you up because they think you’re a ■■■■■ and just want to see a drama queen going for it :smiley:

Go to Tesco and get the auto expressions air fresheners, one is a bag of chrystals purple colour and the same brand air vent ball it will cost 6 quid and it will smell much better then stale ■■■■.

OllieNotts:
Go to Tesco and get the auto expressions air fresheners, one is a bag of chrystals purple colour and the same brand air vent ball it will cost 6 quid and it will smell much better then stale ■■■■.

That’s all very well Ollie, but they’re a bugger to light!

andy best:

i know a guy who refused to drive a nice new volvo after someone smoked in it when he was on holiday, he complained to the firm who in turn gave him a tin of air freshner to spray in the cab, he wasnt happy with that and insisted it be valeted, the company refused to valet it but decided to give him another truck to drive, yep they gave him his old erf back as the new driver didnt smoke either and gave the volvo to the new driver who didnt complain about the smell of the smoke, needless to say he left the firm and tried for unfair dismissal which was unsuccsefull.

shuttlespanker:

andy best:

how about you refuse to drive the truck, then come back on here and tell us what your boss has said :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

i know what shuttle would say if i refused to drive his truck :laughing: :laughing:

I am split on this but isn’t it illegal to smoke in a shared vehicle anyway?

Can of febreeze and a couple of good airfreshners will clear the cab in a few days or so, but should the regular driver have to do that?

HSE and the law rides again.

brados:
isn’t it illegal to smoke in a shared vehicle anyway?

Yes it is

scotstrucker:

shuttlespanker:

andy best:

i know what shuttle would say if i refused to drive his truck :laughing: :laughing:

i don’t even know you, do i? :confused:

but if you mean what i think you mean, you would be right :wink:

although, i would have a go at the agency driver for smoking in the truck in the first place, i am a firm believer that if the regular driver does not smoke, then who ever else drives the truck on a casual basis does not smoke in that vehicle either.

a fwe years ago, i had a driver whose truck had to go in for repair, i had just purchased another unit, so i moved into the new unit and the driver moved into my vacated unit, the plan was, when we got the other one back, a new driver was going to be starting in my old one.

well, the existing driver smoked and the new driver smoked, but i would not let them smoke in each others cab :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Aww did somebody leave a smell in your truck?

Steve-o:
Aww did somebody leave a smell in your truck?

wot aswell as breaking the law