Smithfield Market

harry:
I`m down there at least twice a week,love the place ///
Its probably a different kettle of fish in the daytime.

I thought the fish was sold at Billingsgate :stuck_out_tongue:

your scania is very nice blissy looks like a well cared for truck top work fella :sunglasses:

scaniamad:
Been there all weekend aswell,still love the place,hate london,butlove goin to smithfield,rest of our drivers hate it so i get it the most :smiley:

sounds like me, everybody hates felixstowe but i love it as well. :laughing: :laughing:

Seeing Smithfield brings it all back. I used to peddle for Oriel Jones ai fab. My mate Brian has his own unit now pulling their trailers. Would be great if you could get a photo.

placidcasual:
Seeing Smithfield brings it all back. I used to peddle for Oriel Jones ai fab. My mate Brian has his own unit now pulling their trailers. Would be great if you could get a photo.

Will have a look this week see if i can find him and get a pic for you mate…what unit has he got ?

Scaniamad, seen that motor of urs out & about normally always looking tidy, goes well with that fridge behind u. Is that the only 1 in that colour ur company have?

Plain white Scania with an Oriel Jones trailer.

haulier:
Scaniamad, seen that motor of urs out & about normally always looking tidy, goes well with that fridge behind u. Is that the only 1 in that colour ur company have?

No m8,we have 10 like that,same colour just some have bottom light bars,some dont etc,gaffa just bought 3 new 620s,they look well,we do have a nice fleet in all fairness :smiley:

placidcasual:
Plain white Scania with an Oriel Jones trailer.

You may not see those trailers, they were bought out by Dunbia

Dunbia Meats

Some really nice shots there Blissy

kindle530:
my mate denzil used to drive the white MRCT Volvo with the blue stripes, pulling for IRF Felixstowe, he allways kept it immaculate.

That’s the one David Goodswen had isn’t it?

Havent been onto the market much lately but went on twice in the last 2 weeks and heres what i snapped

FREEMANS OF NEWENT

NO NAME ON THIS FH

FRENCH REGISTERED MAGNUM

Smart Irish R620

And a couple of smart Dutch registered DAFS
This one on Smithfield…he usually delivers flowers but had been put onto meat deliveries for the week which he wasnt to impressed with :slight_smile:

And this one parked at The Orwell Crossing Truckstop

I get some more next time I go on

Good pictures them mate
some really smart trucks

where is smithfield ive been to spitalfields, western, new covent and birmingham but not smithfield

Joshh:
Good pictures them mate
some really smart trucks

where is smithfield ive been to spitalfields, western, new covent and birmingham but not smithfield

Its right in the city of london Josh near Barbican and St Pauls Cathedral

Blissy:

Joshh:
Good pictures them mate
some really smart trucks

So some where near New covent or Burough markets?

Joshh:

Blissy:

Joshh:
Good pictures them mate
some really smart trucks

Yeah not to far from them…but on the north side of the Thames where as they are both on the south side also its a meat market rather than fruit etc…its nearer Borough than New Covent…also Smithfield is different to most of the other markets as its actually on public roads unlike the others where you through a gate into a compound sort of thing.
There are pubs,clubs and resturaunts around the market area so you get lots of traffic taxis etc and ■■■■■■ people trying to get themselves run over while you are trying to reverse into the unloading areas…it can be an interesting nights work :laughing: :laughing:

Blissy:

Joshh:

Blissy:

Joshh:
Good pictures them mate
some really smart trucks

Yeah not to far from them…but on the north side of the Thames where as they are both on the south side also its a meat market rather than fruit etc…its nearer Borough than New Covent…also Smithfield is different to most of the other markets as its actually on public roads unlike the others where you through a gate into a compound sort of thing.
There are pubs,clubs and resturaunts around the market area so you get lots of traffic taxis etc and ■■■■■■ people trying to get themselves run over while you are trying to reverse into the unloading areas…it can be an interesting nights work :laughing: :laughing:

ahhhh i see
makes me laugh outside borough market on the sign " CAUTION: PICKPOCKET AREA " lol

Wheel Nut:

harry:
I`m down there at least twice a week,love the place ///
Its probably a different kettle of fish in the daytime.

I thought the fish was sold at Billingsgate :stuck_out_tongue:

Ayup,Ive delivered Frites (chips) there,but never saw a fish and chip counter,or anyone delivering salt an vinegar.

Blissy:
And this one parked at The Orwell Crossing Truckstop

i was chatting to one of theur drivers recently who was a brit, got some nice motors

nice to see the pulham faggots old motor too :laughing:

Oh how that has brought back some memories of delivering to there in my 6w Scanny 10 years ago. Always queuing, and at the time use to think how do these artic drivers do this nite in nite out!!! Now a bit wiser I would just go with th flow, but oh how your photo’s brought memories.

The site’s you could see coming out those Pubs & Clubs what are scattered around the perimeter of the market some nite’s are interesting to say the least. :exclamation:

James

Ive took a few more over the last week or so including a couple of better ones of Scaniamads silver V8… I will try and get round to uploading them over the weekend